test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Shores of Tuern second chest question.

googootsgoogoots Member Posts: 147 Arc User
Hi everyone,

I exchanged some ADs to Zen to buy the 5 Legedary Dragon Key pack so I could open the second chest in Shores of Tuern. They do work, so that isn't the issue. The issue is that when I open the chest the contents only show an ident scroll, silver, and a rank 4 draconic enchant. I haven't taken the contents yet because who would use up a key on that, right? This has happened for at least 10 times now and was wondering if the chest will ever show anything good or do I need to take the items as the good stuff is hidden from view? I need that Haar's Trestise on Dragonkind, man. 100 sigils? Grrrrrriiiiiind.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• geltabgeltab Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    Keep at it. The loot will change, it's just random. I've hit Dragon gem, draconic off hand and helm in one run before.
  • googootsgoogoots Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Thought so. All the good stuff so far has dropped from the dead or from the chest you get for free. Just glad I was wise enough to not waste keys :)
  • mrtehpuppymrtehpuppy Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Think of the second chest as just an extra roll on loot. As far as I can tell it usually has the exact same stuff in it as the free chest. MAYBE.... I could be mistaken. I did get an artifact belt out of the key chest and I've not heard of anyone saying they've gotten one of those from the normal chest (normal shores, hadn't fluffed my GS to 13k yet at that time)
    Member of Look Good Play Good
    Pup - Level 70 4.2k Buff/Debuff AC DC
    XBL GT: TehPuppy
  • reallyreconreallyrecon Member Posts: 170 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    I received a Waters of Elah'zad from the normal free chest (not the extra one). As far as I can tell they both have a chance of containing useful stuff, so always take your free chest and always check the extra, using your key when it actually contains something you want.
    Recon - 60 Cleric
    Gamertag: ReallyRecon
  • googootsgoogoots Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yeah, I got the Artifact of power, infernal helm, dragon gem from the free chest. It seems to drop more from the free chest lol.
  • rockjam069zrockjam069z Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I so far have gotten all my good stuff (dragon Gem, Books, etc) from the free chest. The chest that requires the key has very rarely dropped anything. Why would you have a special chest with so random drops but also mirrors the free chest for loot. Thank God I don't have to use my key and can back out but I'm getting ready to stop doing the Shores because the key chest has become quite a disappointment. If the chest is that special it should be different than the free chest to begin with, not an exact duplicate.
  • lvlkarmalvllvlkarmalvl Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I can confirm that the second chest that requires a special key does not "mirror" nor is it a duplicate of the free chest. I just think the two chests roll off of the same or at least a similar loot table. You can pull Dragon gear, Infernal gear, Artifact assets pieces (maybe just the gem?), Artifact belts, Treatise's, a few unique Rings and I think that's it besides the low impact stuff like scrolls, glyphs, dragon enchants.

Honestly, when crafting or purchasing the keys if you inspect them they indicate all of the possible rewards from those chests. The scroll with dragon enchant is likely just the most common combination so that's why it seems to come up a lot.
  • silktrocitysilktrocity Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Put it this way, I bought 5 keys when I first unlocked shores and lost mauth, I've had them unlocked for at least 2 and a half weeks. I play every night and farm each around 4 or 5 times... That being said, I've only used 2 keys. I've never gotten an artifact, belt, or even the book for the 2nd boon.

Things are extremely rare..
    Lady Vayo TR - Silky OP - Lord Reven DC (retired) - Lady Luck HR (retired)
  • zizoomzizoom Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    RNG my friend.

Got an artifact belt of dexterity on my second locked chest, and then nothing for about 20 runs ...

May the RNGforce be with you.
    edited June 2015
    Oh I forgot, the artifact can only drop on the second chest as the key syas it on normal. It can be found on both in epic !
  • ancojoancojo Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Well I must be the unluckiest player ever, I've done the shores more times than I care to remember and only even got one Dragon Gem! As for the Dragon bones well I think the dogs ate them as I've killed zillions of dragons and only ever got one! This means after 2 months or so of playing I've only managed to use the artifact weapon chest in campaigns once! I think I'll buy one key and just keep checking the second chest in hope of getting something good!
    edited June 2015
    By now dragon gems and bones are worth 20k to 30k each on the TTH ... it can be a good investment because 50k + the dragon steel (forgot price), is not a big deal considering that the artifact weapon is BIS at the moment (some people still prefer the ancient set for its bonus by the way)
    edited June 2015
    ancojo wrote: »
    Well I must be the unluckiest player ever, I've done the shores more times than I care to remember and only even got one Dragon Gem! As for the Dragon bones well I think the dogs ate them as I've killed zillions of dragons and only ever got one! This means after 2 months or so of playing I've only managed to use the artifact weapon chest in campaigns once! I think I'll buy one key and just keep checking the second chest in hope of getting something good!

For dragon bones, maybe you already know that, but it only drops in Rothe Valley and Whispering Caverns !