test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mount Training is Overpriced

daimyondaimyon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 49
edited June 2015 in Player Feedback (Xbox One)
Maybe there is a reason these cost so much that I'm unaware of, and perhaps someone could point it out to me, but I was doing some maths and saw that the pricing doesn't even make sense.

Mount training 1 costs 600,000 AD, and Mount Training 2 costs 1,400,000 AD. So a total of 2,000,000 AD to get your normal mount to rank 3.
The current price of Zen in the Astral Diamond exchange is 170:1. With this, you can get approximately 11764 Zen for 2 million AD.
Currently, the most expensive mount in the Zen Market is 3,700 Zen. With the exchange rate, that would come to 629,000 AD to trade for that much Zen. That's 68.55% cheaper than if you bought the training manuals.

Maybe the ratio of Zen to AD skyrockets in the future, or has on PC, I don't know. However, the way it stands, I don't think anyone will buy the manuals.
Post edited by daimyon on

Comments

• ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    It has been a long standing complaining that neither training companions or mounts is economically practical. It is far more practical to buy Account Wide Tier 3 Mounts from the Zen store or even the Single Character Mounts from the Auction House than upgrading a mount.

Marketing doesn't seem to want to adjust the prices though so I just do the only sensible thing and tell people not to waste money on upgrades unless they are doing so because they really like a certain mount visual or want to maximise their companion effects for a very high cost.
  • daimyondaimyon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 49
    edited May 2015
    Well I figured providing feedback would be what this forum is for.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    It is. I hope it will change but I don't expect it will after relaying feedback for months regarding the horrible price differences.

Cryptic prove me wrong do the right thing and correctly balance the prices to be somewhere in the same neighborhood because right now they are not even in the same solar system.
  • wanderingkyngwanderingkyng Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    daimyon wrote: »
    Maybe there is a reason these cost so much that I'm unaware of, and perhaps someone could point it out to me, but I was doing some maths and saw that the pricing doesn't even make sense.

Mount training 1 costs 600,000 AD, and Mount Training 2 costs 1,400,000 AD. So a total of 2,000,000 AD to get your normal mount to rank 3.
    The current price of Zen in the Astral Diamond exchange is 170:1. With this, you can get approximately 11764 Zen for 2 million AD.
    Currently, the most expensive mount in the Zen Market is 3,700 Zen. With the exchange rate, that would come to 629,000 AD to trade for that much Zen. That's 68.55% cheaper than if you bought the training manuals.

Maybe the ratio of Zen to AD skyrockets in the future, or has on PC, I don't know. However, the way it stands, I don't think anyone will buy the manuals.
    You fail to take into account the vanity players that want to be riding such-and-such uncommon or rare mount because it's pretty, but also want it to be full speed.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You fail to take into account the vanity players that want to be riding such-and-such uncommon or rare mount because it's pretty, but also want it to be full speed.

^This.

I purchased the Small Stag from the Tarmalune Trade Bar merchant - it's a Blue (Rank II) mount. For me this one is worth paying the arm+leg price to upgrade to rank III. But only this once on this character. I might be dumb, but I'm not stupid. Yes, it hurt; it was painful but once I hit those gigantic higher-level zones I was happy I did it (not at the cost, but just that I was on a Rank III).

Here's what is painful to me: to see people riding Rank I mounts and going so slowly across the giant zones. I cringe when I see that, but I suppose they don't mind it. For myself: I absolutely could not bear riding around on anything less than Rank III. I even stack my Utility slots with Dark enchantments to increase my movement speed incrementally (as it affects Mount speed also).

In general: I agree with almost every single other player of the millions-strong throng that upgrade pricing for Mounts and Companions is ridiculously high.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You have also to consider that in a couple of months that 170:1 will slowly reach 340:1 and after a year or so will increase even further
  • therealshakur70therealshakur70 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I have a cat, is it worth upgrading to purple ? it's not very clear what bonuses it has at rare quality and doesn't say what increases when upgraded to epic
    edited May 2015
    Most of the companion bonuses are listed on the Official Wiki. There is a link in my signature to the wiki main page; just search companions.

I would say it is not worth it unless you are really min maxing a character and already have eveything else maximised and even then only on a select few companions.
    edited May 2015
    Most of the companion bonuses are listed on the Official Wiki. There is a link in my signature to the wiki main page; just search companions.

I would say it is not worth it unless you are really min maxing a character and already have eveything else maximised and even then only on a select few companions.

thank you but the wiki doesn't tell me what stats are increased.
    edited May 2015
    It has been moved to its own page apparently which is linked from the companions page.

Here is the page now that I am on a computer and not a mobile phone.
    edited May 2015
    It has been moved to its own page apparently which is linked from the companions page.

Here is the page now that I am on a computer and not a mobile phone.

that is what I was looking for, thank you very much. I thought there was a crit stat on the cat as well but perhaps that's the cat prowess skill so I'll have to look when I get home.
  • sirgrambo1980sirgrambo1980 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ^This.

I purchased the Small Stag from the Tarmalune Trade Bar merchant - it's a Blue (Rank II) mount. For me this one is worth paying the arm+leg price to upgrade to rank III. But only this once on this character. I might be dumb, but I'm not stupid. Yes, it hurt; it was painful but once I hit those gigantic higher-level zones I was happy I did it (not at the cost, but just that I was on a Rank III).

Here's what is painful to me: to see people riding Rank I mounts and going so slowly across the giant zones. I cringe when I see that, but I suppose they don't mind it. For myself: I absolutely could not bear riding around on anything less than Rank III. I even stack my Utility slots with Dark enchantments to increase my movement speed incrementally (as it affects Mount speed also).

In general: I agree with almost every single other player of the millions-strong throng that upgrade pricing for Mounts and Companions is ridiculously high.

it drives me insane to ride the slow mount. but i can't bring my self to spend that much real life money on it. If it was 10$, sure, or maybe even 15. but close to 50$ sorry that's just bonkers
    edited June 2015
    it drives me insane to ride the slow mount. but i can't bring my self to spend that much real life money on it. If it was 10$, sure, or maybe even 15. but close to 50$ sorry that's just bonkers

it's $35.00 for a purple mount.
  • strictlyevilstrictlyevil Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I wouldn't say it's too much, I think the idea behind their payment models is that you're focus is to buy it with diamonds or use the AD exchange to get your zen and use your real money to make up for whatever you can't afford in game, not vice versa.

That makes much more sense to me when looking at the prices in the market. Having the ability to pay for a large portion of the zen market items using diamonds on the exchange more than makes up for any high pricing people complain about. People who pay full price for items in the market are doing so for the speed and convenience of the purchase and not as much for the content I think. If you ask me they are priced just fine. I've bought 2 purple mounts, bags of holding, plenty of wards and more without spending more than a few bucks here and there.
    Ancient 18.8k CW | Ancient Heals 18k DC | Ancient Tank 22.2k GF | GT: XGC Army
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • cummins12vcummins12v Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Yup. And it's not like the zones are huge either. I mean, not for someone that has come from open world MMO games. I did buy the undead horse with AD transfer though. I even had a friend that pulled imperial drake on his 2nd key within the first few days of playing ( he wasn't even level 10 yet lol ). He equipped it as soon as he turned 20 ( I /facepalmed) and get this to top it off.... He quit playing before he even hit level 50.....
    edited June 2015
    I wouldn't say it's too much, I think the idea behind their payment models is that you're focus is to buy it with diamonds or use the AD exchange to get your zen and use your real money to make up for whatever you can't afford in game, not vice versa.

The reason it costs too much is because it costs $40 when you can get 500 AD per Zen for a single Tier 3 mount. In the mean time you can spend $25 dollars and purchase an account wide Tier 3 mount. Granted isn't going to be very unique but to give an extreme example it will cost $0.25 per character to have a Tier 3 mount if you had 50 characters as opposed to $2,000.

Yes I know it's an unrealistic extreme but it shows the extreme price difference. And just note that those prices are as cheap as AD can possibly get and the X-Box Astral Diamonds are currently worth far more Zen to AD.

Even buying most Tier 3 Lockbox Mounts are likely a better deal. I know they are on PC at least.
  • zizoomzizoom Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    By the way you start to find legendary mounts for as cheap as 700k AD for the skeleton steed. Nice mount, fair price :)
  • zizoomzizoom Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    My bad, it's back to 900K now ... still a beautifull mount :o