What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Need help to set up a Tank GWF

ahnenzornahnenzorn Member Posts: 1 Arc User
edited June 2015 in The Militia Barracks
the main points i'm thinking about right now are:
which set should i use?
how should the attributes look like (it's gonna be a dwarf btw)?
and which paragon should i follow? basically it comes down to ferocious reaction vs steel defense as the second passive, i think.

further helpful comments are also welcome of course ;)
Post edited by ahnenzorn on

Comments

• Options
    chromedfishchromedfish Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ahnenzorn wrote: »
    the main points i'm thinking about right now are:
    which set should i use?
    how should the attributes look like (it's gonna be a dwarf btw)?
    and which paragon should i follow? basically it comes down to ferocious reaction vs steel defense as the second passive, i think.

further helpful comments are also welcome of course ;)

I tried to make a decent tank with my gwf and honestly think its a waste of time i went with iv sentinel and use daring shout and anything that adds threat but cannot keep the aggro while playing with high dps. I suggest you make a guardian fighter if you want a tank or make your gwf single target dps. My gwf is indestructible but worthless for dps using my build at 32k hp 33ac 4k def 2k deflect. Going to respect to dps soon following lazlias high crit build
    15k Healock
    13k Virtuos Cleric
    13k Destroyed Gwf
    12k SS Control Wizard
  • Options
    azuosed89azuosed89 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I tried to make a decent tank with my gwf and honestly think its a waste of time i went with iv sentinel and use daring shout and anything that adds threat but cannot keep the aggro while playing with high dps. I suggest you make a guardian fighter if you want a tank or make your gwf single target dps. My gwf is indestructible but worthless for dps using my build at 32k hp 33ac 4k def 2k deflect. Going to respect to dps soon following lazlias high crit build

it is sad GWF have a hard time to keep aggro even when going full tank... they messed up with the class real bad :(
    Gannicus GWF PvP
    DENIAL
  • Options
    lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Tank is survivability and the ability to steal/keep aggro. Two things that a GWF cannot do. You would be more successful swimming across the Pacific ocean with your GWF.
  • Options
    lvlkarmalvllvlkarmalvl Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Assuming you haven't seen either of these:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?917811-XBOX-%28MOD5%29-Lazalia-s-High-Crit-Build-for-PvE-GWF-Destroyer

Bad link

Both of those are DPS based - if you're wanting to play something more like a true tank and enjoy PVP, try googling Leeroy Jenkins GWF build.

Hope those help. Personally I use the second link, Lia Knowles' build - love it. Major damage, because of that can hold aggro fairly well on major targets like bosses or elites, don't die too often. So even though you're asking for a Tank GWF build, the DPS builds listed tank fairly well simply based off of DPS generating threat.

The Sentinel path apparently dies a slow death in Mod 6 (as of now, who knows what changes could be made) which is probably out for us in the next 12 months so long term it's not a good idea btw.
    Post edited by kreatyve on