test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Naked PvP... a thought

drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
edited June 2015 in PvP Discussion
The Russian server, Drider, has recently shared their inspired PvPesque game... Rogue-ball. I think it is time that Dragon throws caution to the wind and create a Nakie PvP tournament.

Remove all your gear, except weapons and costumery.

When that is all gone... what do we have left?

Builds, Powers, Feats, Class dynamics, pillows and balanced PvP.

We will still be allowed buffs and spell-shields.

Who would be interested in this... or helping me organize this "FUN"?
ez0sf4K.png
Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
SYNERGY Alliance
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    looks good to me.
  • drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    rustlord wrote: »

No thoughts of making it a regular thing? If not let's set up some Rogueball.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    SYNERGY Alliance
    edited June 2015
    BTW... I am talking about a MASSIVE SHOWING. Not just 5v5 or 10v10.
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • smellykuntismellykunti Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    how about weapon enchants? they should be gone too.

of course this could all be a trick. get a bunch of naked guys in IWD and send in the double weapon enchanted TRs to mow them all down.

like herding sheep to the slaughterhouse
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Have fun

not me

It is hard enough with gear
    edited June 2015
    Weapon enchants would stay in... or everyone would buy basic level 70 blues.. without enchants.

A TR without gear and movement is nothing but a sheet of rough toilet paper.
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    drkbodhi wrote: »
    No thoughts of making it a regular thing? If not let's set up some Rogueball.

I don't know. It just seems to happen sporadically on PMvsPM. I have my suspicions that TRs are barred from participating because, without gear or tenacity, 40K HP across the board, TR's damage just ruins the experience for everyone.
    edited June 2015
    Weapon enchants would stay in... or everyone would buy basic level 70 blues.. without enchants.

A TR without gear and movement is nothing but a sheet of rough toilet paper.

This made me laugh.

the response, in my head, was:

and a TR with gear and movement is what? a sheet of used rough toilet paper?
    edited June 2015
    NOT USED... gross.
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
    edited June 2015
    TR looks pretty pathetic when you play as a DC. Ticklish, even. Goes well with marsh mallows and a mug of hot cocoa.

Does that take you from his toilet paper analogy?
    edited June 2015
    Which is why I said pillows. I think a TR would be more like adding a shot of whiskey to that cocoa with marshmallows.

TRs have a low HP base to start with. Granted not as low as CWs... but they can be low.
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • lichdrowlichdrow Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    how about weapon enchants? they should be gone too.

of course this could all be a trick. get a bunch of naked guys in IWD and send in the double weapon enchanted TRs to mow them all down.

like herding sheep to the slaughterhouse

this...if it can be cheated, it will be.

We tried Pure naked pvp before... it took all of 2 minutes until someone slotted a P. vorp.
    edited June 2015
    lichdrow wrote: »
    this...if it can be cheated, it will be.

We tried Pure naked pvp before... it took all of 2 minutes until someone slotted a P. vorp.

thats what i was thinking. Hmmmm. i need to get my IWD campaign done... i know lets start a naked pvp league and see who shows up.
    edited June 2015
    The only possible way to do strict naked PvP is by 1v1s in IWD, monitored by watchers on each side at all times to see that nobody "cheats". Yet, there is still no way of determining active companion bonuses.
  • quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Ranged specs and specs with highest base values on abilities will have huge advantage (like GF)
  • ofnieslafofnieslaf Member Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    edited June 2015
    I understand that it has been done... or a version has been done. I am talking MASS Nakie PvP in IWP or DV. AB v TT

There will be set times and it may or may not coincide with BID.
    One of the rules may be that we use blue 70 weapons and not our artis.
    No slotted enchants...
    Naked with boons, powers, feats and skills.
    It will be an honor system.
    If someone accuses you of wrong-doing you will be allowed to defend yourself.
    If you can't or you get busted red-handed... no more nakie PvP for you.

I played a VERY early MMO for a few years... I wont say the name, but some Cows made it... we did nakie PvP all the time. They had entire realms that were PvP.

This is about having fun... and bragging rights.

Just some thoughts.
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    TR would just knife down everyone before they had the chance to fight back.. end of story.....
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Not as creative as Plutoball (rogueball, have some respect for their idea k).
    edited June 2015
    vasdamas wrote: »
    Not as creative as Plutoball (rogueball, have some respect for their idea k).

Trust me, I have nothing but respect for people who think like that.

I would like nothing more than to play that in Dragon. Hell, I would even volunteer to be the first ball used.
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • kriseinkrisein Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    i would definitely participate in this. i hope devs consider this suggestion when they release the PVP event..
    It's more fun in the Philippines >:)
  • djoffer1djoffer1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Could be fun indeed, big problem would of course be the number of moronic kidds who would sweep in and get free kills...
    edited June 2015
    djoffer1 wrote: »
    Could be fun indeed, big problem would of course be the number of moronic kidds who would sweep in and get free kills...

If we fill the instance to the max with people who are interested in doing this... no one will be able to enter and mess up the match.

What I think is the most ironic part of this... Nakie PvP planned to take place in one of the coldest parts of Faerun.
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
    edited June 2015
    If we fill the instance to the max with people who are interested in doing this... no one will be able to enter and mess up the match.

What I think is the most ironic part of this... Nakie PvP planned to take place in one of the coldest parts of Faerun.

maybe a new badge. "neverwinter polar bear club"
    edited June 2015
    maybe a new badge. "neverwinter polar bear club"

I like that. IRL... I walk around, outside in Michigan, barefoot during the winter. If I could find a Polar Bear Club near me I would jump in... lol.
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance