test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Easy to Read Guide For New CW's

beacons13beacons13 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
edited June 2015 in The Library
*Edited with Xbox only info

Hey guys, I've been looking around at guides and i decided to write this for new CW's because most of the guides are for the PC version. This will just make things easier for people to follow this guide! Any input and suggestions are appreciated!

Credit for most of the guide goes to IronZerg79 as this just a xbox only version of his PC guide. Great guide by him. Im usually top dps in dungeons with this guide. Also credit to Crit from MMOMinds.

1. Character Creation

Race can be beneficial but its all about preference. The damage modifiers only increase by a small margin, so you can pick what race you like. I personally chose the sun elf.

You will want to roll CHA and Int for your CW. You want both your main stats to get to 16 (so CHA and INT) at 16. And then if you chose a race with a bonus(INT bonus is nice) it will make your INT 18.

Character Creation: Maximize Intelligence and Charisma. Every stat increase should go here.

2. Stats/Enchantments

Starting out you will want to gem for Armor Penetration. On Xbox the AP cap is 24% or 2400 AP, so until then you will want to gem for it. After you have reached it and with better gear you can start gemming for power.

You will want to get a lesser dragon hoard enchantment for a utility slot so that you start collecting refining stones early. Otherwise Dark enchantments for AP until the cap is reached then power. For defense slots just gem for what you need (defence or deflect)

3. Feats

This is a SpellStorm Renegade Build

Controlling Action 1/5
Weapon Mastery 3/3
Toughness 3/3
Fight on 5/5
Blighting Power 3/3
Learned Spellcaster 2/5
Focused Wizardy 3/3

Renegade Tree

Reapers Touch 5/5
Critical Power 5/5
Phantasmal Destruction 5/5
Nightmare Wizardry 5/5
Chilling Advantage 5/5
Chaos Magic 1/1

Oppressor

Bitter Cold 5/5

4. Powers

Choose the spell storm path.

Mobs

At Wills

Chilling Cloud (LT)
Ray of Frost (RT)

AOE Powers

Conduit of Ice (RB)
Sudden Storm (X)
Icy Terrain (Y)
Steal Time (B)

Dailies

Oppressive Force
Ice Knife

Passives

Storm Spell
Chilling Presence

Single Target

Chilling Cloud
Ray of Frost

Conduit of Ice in Mastery
Chill Strike (or icy rays)
Disintegrate
Ray of Enfeeblement

Storm Spell
Chilling Presence

Ice Knife
Oppressive Force

5. Companions

In my opinion the cat is the best to use. The critical boost is very helpful.

6. Boons

I still haven't fully finished the campaign yet so help is this area will be nice. So far i have:

1.Dragon Heart 1/1
2. Dragons Gaze 1/1
3. Draconic Armbreaker 1/1
4. Dragons Greed 1/1

** Havent gotten farther with boons yet

7. Gear (Best in Slot)

Head - High Vizier Cap
Armor - High Vizier Tunic
Arms - High Vizier Gloves
Main Hand - Chilling Eye of the Golden Dragon (through campaign)
Off Hand - Shadow Weaver's Talisman
Feet - High Vizier Slippers
Neck - Ancient Excorcist's Necklace of Blessing
Right Ring - Personalized Archmage Ring +6 (these are in XB1)
Left Ring - Personalized Archmage Ring +6
Waist - Sash of Charisma
Shirt - Gemmed Exquisite Shirt/Tunic
Trousers - Gemmed Exquisite Pants/Trousers
Artifacts - 1. Lantern of Revelation (Free)
2. Lostmauth's Horn of Blasting
3. Heart of the Red Dragon

**Credits for Markg31 for the BIS

Thanks for reading guys and if theres anything that I missed or anything that should be changed please comment and let me know! Lets grow the CW community!

GT - Legend of Chuck
Ign - Legend
Post edited by beacons13 on

Comments

• ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Thanks for picking up the slack on the Xbox side. I don't own an Xbox, and play exclusively on the PC. I've seen feedback that my old PC build isn't quite performing to where it needs to be on the Xbox (vs what it does on the PC), so I'm happy to see someone picking up the CW Renegade stuff who plays specifically on the Xbox.

Looks like a work in progress as you continue to edit out the PC only stuff and get the Xbox One stuff up to date, but good luck!
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • lordsarveriouslordsarverious Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Can't wait to see this finished. Glad to have someone running an XB1 toon making a build thread. I can compare the one I saw for PC compare to what we're actually using. I may adjust my new wizard towards what I see here. Good thing is I'm only lv 13.
    Co-Founder of AoF Neverwinter Branch (TR 60, CW 60 SS)
    Find me on XBL to get an interview to join the guild.
    5.jpg
  • kingsd85kingsd85 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Good job I'm gonna try this today
  • toekneeg1toekneeg1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    Thanks for picking up the slack on the Xbox side. I don't own an Xbox, and play exclusively on the PC. I've seen feedback that my old PC build isn't quite performing to where it needs to be on the Xbox (vs what it does on the PC), so I'm happy to see someone picking up the CW Renegade stuff who plays specifically on the Xbox.

Looks like a work in progress as you continue to edit out the PC only stuff and get the Xbox One stuff up to date, but good luck!

I used your guide for xbox and I loved it. Worked great for me. If there is something better I'd be interested to see it.
  • zedslayernzzedslayernz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    With regards to the rings I've found the Ancient Beserker's Ring Of Cleaving to be pretty good. They offer +power, crit and armour pen. I haven't seen those personalised rings yet.
  • toekneeg1toekneeg1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Regarding the High Vizier set, is it BiS b/c of the debuffs it provides? I noticed it doesn't have any crit or ArmPen, which is what this guide suggests is most important.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    toekneeg1 wrote: »
    Regarding the High Vizier set, is it BiS b/c of the debuffs it provides? I noticed it doesn't have any crit or ArmPen, which is what this guide suggests is most important.

Yes. It provides basically a 10% more damage per stack (max 3 stacks) on the enemies for anyone attacking it. There's no other set in the game that gives such a powerful bonus.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • markg31markg31 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    beacons13 wrote: »

6. Boons

I still haven't fully finished the campaign yet so help is this area will be nice. So far i have:

1.Dragon Heart 1/1
    2. Dragons Gaze 1/1
    4. Dragons Greed 1/1
    5. Dragons Thirst 1/3
    6. Dragons Revival 1/3
    7. Dragons Fury 1/3

** Once again I'm not very good with the boons so any help would be appreciated.

7. Gear (Best in Slot)

Head - High Vizier Cap
    Main Hand - Chilling eye of the golden dragon (through campaign)
    Off Hand - ???
    Neck - ???
    Right Ring - Personalized Archmage Ring +6 (Unsure if these are out on xbox, input is encouraged about this)
    Left Ring - Personalized Archmage Ring +6 (Unsure if these are out on xbox, input is encouraged about this)
    Waist - ???
    Shirt - Exquisite Tunic
    Trousers - Exquisite Trousers
    2. ?????
    3. ????

**** For the BIS I'm currently only a 12k gs CW, so I'm just trying to put together a list for people to go off of. Once again, any input from higher more experienced Cw's is strongly encouraged. I hope to learn as much from this guide as others.

Thanks for reading guys and if theres anything that I missed or anything that should be changed please comment and let me know! Lets grow the CW community!

GT - Legend of Chuck
    Ign - Legend

A lot of the stuff you have here is from Zerg's PC version of his guide. It doesn't add up with the current XB1 version at all. There were a lot of stat changes in Mod 6. For example, for XB1 you don't want to go above 24% Armor Penetration but in Mod 6 you want 40%+.

For the boons I would suggest 200 Power -> Crit -> ArP -> Life Steal -> Either 3% Life Steal or 5% Crit Severity.

For gear I'd say the best loadout is:

Head - High Vizier Cap
    Waist - Sash of Charisma
    ironzerg79 wrote: »

I wouldn't say it doesn't perform. I've seen people complain on Reddit and such. I followed the guide closely while doing my own research and testing. It works great for me. I honestly think those complaining have done something wrong. The ceiling isn't as high as the PC version cause we're missing a lot of crucial stuff such as Artifact offhands, multiple CA companions, artifact cloak, etc - but it works very well as I'm sure it did on PC.

People are just too concerned with top DPS. I seen so many guys respec to Thaum and run 2/2 Magelord + SW just for the GS/stats so they shoot for the DPS race instead of worrying about team synergy.
    edited May 2015
    I figured as much. If you don't take the time to read the full guide and understand WHY it works, then it won't work. I get the feeling people just copied the feats, without looking at the gear, powers or pets. :(
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You might wanna try creating your own content instead of copying ironzergs next time... so much ctrl+c and ctrl+v here. Your guide also mentions lots of level 70 stuff, so you probably want to edit that out.
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • dbodaprodbodapro Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Right, I noticed all the "Mod 6" stuff right away. Hopefully any newbie wizards on xbox, actually read between these lines and read several other guild/builds to help them. Cause as it stands right now, anyone following the op will defiantly be over doing various things.
  • beacons13beacons13 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    its been edited
  • katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    its been edited

That's not the issue. The issue is that you copied ironzergs work and claimed it as your own :/
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • schtick23schtick23 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    That's not the issue. The issue is that you copied ironzergs work and claimed it as your own :/

You should read the edit...
  • tomidius80tomidius80 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I love this spec.
  • theivinghoodtheivinghood Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Any tips on how to get armour pen higher. I'm on about -10% with all slots i can with dark enchantments levels 6-7. I running focal magis and fate bender at moment until I get high viser possible. I have gone down the full control root cant remember the tree but was the top one.
  • strictlyevilstrictlyevil Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    If you don't have an augment companion you can purchase one and slot some eldritch runestones into the offense slots as well as equip some more darks into it's gear which should get you close to where you want. If you already have one then you'll want to get it through your jewelry. There are some Ancient and ELoL rings that will boost it up nicely.
    Ancient 18.8k CW | Ancient Heals 18k DC | Ancient Tank 22.2k GF | GT: XGC Army
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • superjellybabysuperjellybaby Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    *Edited with Xbox only info

Hey guys, I've been looking around at guides and i decided to write this for new CW's because most of the guides are for the PC version. This will just make things easier for people to follow this guide! Any input and suggestions are appreciated!

Credit for most of the guide goes to IronZerg79 as this just a xbox only version of his PC guide. Great guide by him. Im usually top dps in dungeons with this guide. Also credit to Crit from MMOMinds.

1. Character Creation

Race can be beneficial but its all about preference. The damage modifiers only increase by a small margin, so you can pick what race you like. I personally chose the sun elf.

You will want to roll CHA and Int for your CW. You want both your main stats to get to 16 (so CHA and INT) at 16. And then if you chose a race with a bonus(INT bonus is nice) it will make your INT 18.

Character Creation: Maximize Intelligence and Charisma. Every stat increase should go here.

2. Stats/Enchantments

Starting out you will want to gem for Armor Penetration. On Xbox the AP cap is 24% or 2400 AP, so until then you will want to gem for it. After you have reached it and with better gear you can start gemming for power.

You will want to get a lesser dragon hoard enchantment for a utility slot so that you start collecting refining stones early. Otherwise Dark enchantments for AP until the cap is reached then power. For defense slots just gem for what you need (defence or deflect)

3. Feats

This is a SpellStorm Renegade Build

Controlling Action 1/5
    Weapon Mastery 3/3
    Toughness 3/3
    Fight on 5/5
    Blighting Power 3/3
    Learned Spellcaster 2/5
    Focused Wizardy 3/3

Renegade Tree

Reapers Touch 5/5
    Critical Power 5/5
    Phantasmal Destruction 5/5
    Nightmare Wizardry 5/5
    Chilling Advantage 5/5
    Chaos Magic 1/1

Oppressor

Bitter Cold 5/5

4. Powers

Choose the spell storm path.

Mobs

At Wills

Chilling Cloud (LT)
    Ray of Frost (RT)

AOE Powers

Conduit of Ice (RB)
    Sudden Storm (X)
    Icy Terrain (Y)
    Steal Time (B)

Dailies

Oppressive Force
    Ice Knife

Passives

Storm Spell
    Chilling Presence

Single Target

Chilling Cloud
    Ray of Frost

Conduit of Ice in Mastery
    Chill Strike (or icy rays)
    Disintegrate
    Ray of Enfeeblement

Storm Spell
    Chilling Presence

Ice Knife
    Oppressive Force

5. Companions

In my opinion the cat is the best to use. The critical boost is very helpful.

6. Boons

1.Dragon Heart 1/1
    2. Dragons Gaze 1/1
    4. Dragons Greed 1/1

** Havent gotten farther with boons yet

7. Gear (Best in Slot)

Head - High Vizier Cap
    Waist - Sash of Charisma

**Credits for Markg31 for the BIS

GT - Legend of Chuck
    Ign - Legend

As a main CW myself i have to ask what makes the following items Bis?

Off Hand - Shadow Weaver's Talisman (DRACONIC CERTAINLY APPEARS BETTER TO ME)
    Neck - Ancient Excorcist's Necklace of Blessing (Personalized Archmage's necklace???)
    Waist - Sash of Charisma (Owlbear Leather belt of intelligence, This is a matter of opinion though)
    3. Heart of the Red Dragon (This one confused me the most, Belials Portal Stone would be better no?)