test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I see you still took the posting fee.

majnumbthumbs1majnumbthumbs1 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
I trade in the house, alot. OK 400 items. OK I posted my item, in bulk for a great price, like fifty less diamonds each as a pack, wait It hasn't sold, let me find it, oh its not showing because 400 people have no buy out or are selling it as one unit. So my item for sale never actually posted, wait but YOU STILL KEPT YOUR POSTING FEE that I paid, to make my items available for purchase. Will this ever be addressed?
Post edited by majnumbthumbs1 on

Comments

• lorespadelorespade Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Look man. My policy is bulk is bid only. Bid only shows up before all buyouts. Post for your low price set for 24 hours. Granted you have to wait. But everyone will see it. However if your bid is higher than the highest buyout listing of the 400 listing then expect only one person to bid on your item. So make sure you post the starting bid to the price you want.
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    lorespade wrote: »
    Look man. My policy is bulk is bid only. Bid only shows up before all buyouts. Post for your low price set for 24 hours. Granted you have to wait. But everyone will see it. However if your bid is higher than the highest buyout listing of the 400 listing then expect only one person to bid on your item. So make sure you post the starting bid to the price you want.

Or, they could fix the sort to lowest price first like the PC. And that's lowest unit price, works great. If 100 are listed for 200AD buy out, it will show before any and all 3 AD buyout whether 1 or 100.
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    "Posted" does not mean a guarantee to be seen. It was posted -- there were just 400 people in front of you on the sales sheet. As someone else said -- if they'd fix the AH sorting everything would work out fine. But sorting is, you know hard and stuff.
  • majnumbthumbs1majnumbthumbs1 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    eldarth wrote: »
    "Posted" does not mean a guarantee to be seen. It was posted -- there were just 400 people in front of you on the sales sheet. As someone else said -- if they'd fix the AH sorting everything would work out fine. But sorting is, you know hard and stuff.
    so what your saying is this, just because u paid to put it up for sale doesn't mean I should expect it to go up for sale or get my posting fee back. Posting fee is that, a posting fee, but the problem is it doesn't post, yet we pay for it too. How do you not see the problem with that. If I pay a news paper to post something for sale for a fee they post it or inform me I have to wait until next post because they are full..
    we pay a posting fee, it doesn't post
    And before you say, it posts you just don't see. Come to my house give me a hundred dollars for my Xbox one, you'll just never see or use it, you'll just pay me for it. Ok. OK
  • cummins12vcummins12v Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    so what your saying is this, just because u paid to put it up for sale doesn't mean I should expect it to go up for sale or get my posting fee back. Posting fee is that, a posting fee, but the problem is it doesn't post, yet we pay for it too. How do you not see the problem with that. If I pay a news paper to post something for sale for a fee they post it or inform me I have to wait until next post because they are full..
    we pay a posting fee, it doesn't post
    And before you say, it posts you just don't see. Come to my house give me a hundred dollars for my Xbox one, you'll just never see or use it, you'll just pay me for it. Ok. OK

This is one of the MAJOR flaws within the game that turns me off and forces me to JUST keep my professions rolling on all 7 characters. Nothing is keeping me. Soon as another MMO comes I dunno how the broken game will even make it. But I guess only time will tell. This game is in shambles right now. Let's see how much the developers really care ( friend of mine explained it best when he saw how neverwinter on Xbox was.... It was to make a quick buck without putting hardly any resources into it, with NO intentions of longevity... Hence what we see right now )

Edit: oh and let's not forget they can't even make the game run smooth with Xbox one specs. That's just crazy to me. There only choice is to downgrade graphics I suppose if they want to get rid of the freezing. Personally, I don't think they can figure it out.
    Edit2: I wouldn't even be surprised if things like this are intentional to allow certain people or groups of people to exploit the AH. this is a very plausible thing if you have been paying attention to this game from the start. MAXIMIZE them profits!!!
  • mrdurvamrdurva Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The problem is the restriction of you only seeing the first 400 items. Your posting is listed but not seen right now.
    edited June 2015
    mrdurva wrote: »
    The problem is the restriction of you only seeing the first 400 items. Your posting is listed but not seen right now.

Right, his point is that if no one can see it, it's not really..... Posted. Not in a technical term, in a common sense term.
  • silktrocitysilktrocity Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    There needs to be a method to sorting by buy outs. Problem fixed.
    Lady Vayo TR - Silky OP - Lord Reven DC (retired) - Lady Luck HR (retired)
    edited June 2015
    There needs to be a method to sorting by buy outs. Problem fixed.

Yup. But this is the worse AH I have ever seen in a game ( whoever was responsible is sourest unemployed right now you would think ). I hope they add it, but it's something that should have been addressed long... Long,..... Looooonnngggg ago. Among all of the other issues with AH.
  • bbascomdevbbascomdev Member, Cryptic Developers Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    In our update this month, you will see some improvements to the AH. Relevant to this topic is the new sorting feature. You will be able to sort your results by buyout price per item, bid price per item or time remaining.

As an avid auctioneer myself, I feel the same pains you guys do when you are trying to sell a Mark of Potency with a buyout price only to have it not show up in the list of results. Unfortunately, due to the way our auction house server is written, it's going to take a little time before we can implement a fix for returning 400 items with bid-only prices. The new sorting options will still only apply to the 400 results that the server returned.
    edited June 2015
    Scarabman wrote: »
    In our update this month, you will see some improvements to the AH. Relevant to this topic is the new sorting feature. You will be able to sort your results by buyout price per item, bid price per item or time remaining.

As an avid auctioneer myself, I feel the same pains you guys do when you are trying to sell a Mark of Potency with a buyout price only to have it not show up in the list of results. Unfortunately, due to the way our auction house server is written, it's going to take a little time before we can implement a fix for returning 400 items with bid-only prices. The new sorting options will still only apply to the 400 results that the server returned.

This is very good news :)
  • redlex17redlex17 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    While this will be nice, it still won't fix the problem, which is that a) sellers may not have their listing viewable by buyers, and as such b) buyers may be spending more than they need because they can't see some of the listings that may be more desirable. This should be fixed, because it directly effects game economy (and real money being spent). It's not just a convenience issue. Poor design for a game that has microtransactions that effect game economy.
    edited June 2015
    Ty for the response scarabman. This is great news.
    edited June 2015
    I believe that this fix would make more than the 400 avail to view just by searching buy out lowest price per ect. Also I believe it will make prices more competitive and allow us to eliminate many hours of unnecessary scrolling
    edited June 2015
    I believe that this fix would make more than the 400 avail to view just by searching buy out lowest price per ect. Also I believe it will make prices more competitive and allow us to eliminate many hours of unnecessary scrolling

Yeah. At least we will be able to sort to each extreme of an item ( high and low ). I'll take any kind of progress with the AH right now.
    edited June 2015

No, it clearly states it will not in scarabman's response. The server will send you the same 400 listings. The sort options will only make sorting through those options simpler. It will not change the way the game server decides which listings to send out.
    edited June 2015
    Scarabman wrote: »

A suggestion: While your rewrite that fix, consider an option to allow the person doing the search to determine the number of results returned. That way, if I want to see 2000 results, I have the ability.
  • telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    This is going to sound silly... but database searches of any kind can be incredibly resource intensive.
    I've worked a little with SQL and ODBC databases, and while it looks simple enough, a search can quickly turn into a nightmare in large, multi-user environments. Within one company, all on the same infrastructure, sharing a platform and only using dedicated workstations, a few large concurrent searches can bring everything to it's knees.

It's quite possible, even probable, that increasing the number of returned results to users would impact performance of the entire system significantly - to the point where Neverwinter (as a whole) would be impacted (bear in mind you've got potentially thousands of concurrent searches at any given time, so any incresse in returned results would impact exponentially).
    Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.