test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Guild bank growth

falkenblackhandfalkenblackhand Member Posts: 310 Arc User
Not sure if this is already a topic. If it is, i apologize for not finding it before posting.
The guild i'm in (The Forsaken Order) has asked me to pose the following question...
If we can ALL contribute to the gold increase in a guild bank, then wouldn't it be easier if we could all deposit AD as well in order to upgrade the repositories? As of now it all falls on one member. My guild puts up junk treasure for large sums of money in the TTH in order to get the AD to the guild treasurer, however this ends up costing us the posting fee and the 10% cut. When dropping 100K+, 10% is 10k and that is a huge loss. So can't they just modify it so the entire guild can contribute what they can to the repositories?
-Falken Blackhand (Co-Leader) Of The Forsaken Reborn
LVL 70 Hunter Ranger Pathfinder/Trapper
Post edited by falkenblackhand on

Comments

• Options
    atlas77777atlas77777 Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Great idea, but probably not going to happen for a while. Guild functions are really simple right now. I wouldn't expect many upgrades for guilds until mod 7 hits.
    -Rex, the Mad King of [Legendary Outlaws]

"I saw you out there. I don't know what came over me, but I couldn't let you die. I found something inside of myself, something incredibly heroic. I mean, not to brag, but objectively..." -Peter Quill

Rex IV Tact GF | tRex SS Rene CW | GT: G3TxxS0M3
  • Options
    atlas77777atlas77777 Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    So then this could already be on the PC version? hmm... I'll have to check their forums. If there's any PC users reading this please confirm or deny. Thank you.

No, it's not; however, mod 7 will be focused on guilds (Strongholds), so we HOPE it will improve guild functionality. There are a lot of things they could do to improve guilds. A filter would be nice for starters.

I want a moat around my stronghold. Can I have a moat? I will spend 10 mil AD if I can have a moat...
    -Rex, the Mad King of [Legendary Outlaws]

"I saw you out there. I don't know what came over me, but I couldn't let you die. I found something inside of myself, something incredibly heroic. I mean, not to brag, but objectively..." -Peter Quill

Rex IV Tact GF | tRex SS Rene CW | GT: G3TxxS0M3
  • Options
    boscawenboscawen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I figure the 10% cut to the AH is a way to" govern" or "keep in check" the AD flow in the economy.
  • Options
    wanderingkyngwanderingkyng Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    boscawen wrote: »
    I figure the 10% cut to the AH is a way to" govern" or "keep in check" the AD flow in the economy.

It's to prevent over-zealous price-fixing. If you could buy an item and then mark it up 1 copper without any fees or penalties then the economy would spiral out of control... trust me.
  • Options
    thezer0fluxthezer0flux Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It's also one of the game's economic sinks meant to control inflation (or Mudflation, as it's often called). Whenever you provide mechanisms to generate currency, you also need a way to get currency out of the world to maintain economic stability. This is especially true when you keep adding new items/expansions that further decrease the value of existing currencies/items.

Check out this link for more information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mudflation