test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

getting kicked explained

pathaynpathayn Member Posts: 25 Arc User
Dear party kick victim,

Here are some reasoning and assumptions on why you have you have been booted, aka kicked, from a dungeon. From immediate kick, mid dungeon kick, and even end boss kick.

Immediate kick.
They have the same class already in the party and they might not need 2 classes of the same. Maybe they have a mid grade class that needs gear while youre there to farm and perhaps swipe the gear he/she needs to improve. (didnt think that, did you? but you want to cry wolf regardless). Perhaps maybe youre a CW and there is only need for one and that person has a ridiculous GS and is helping his/her guildees by running through the dungeon. I do that and to compensate my efforts, I get the gear for my class to sell for AD.

mid dungeon kick
so you didnt get kicked until you were half way through the dungeon. Youre frustrated and ready to throw that controller through the tv. Here's a question you might want to ask yourself before you lose your cool. Why did they kick me? I'll give reasons for each class to give you an idea without dealing with gear score.

1. Cleric. You are horrible at healing and people are either dying or popping tons of potions (4g for 20, you do the math) and you can't heal through it. Don't take it personal but, i don't like losing 4-8g because your inability to heal.

2. Rogue. You're all over the place. You're not going after the hefty monsters that your ST (single target) DPS can burn through. You're pulling mobs when you shouldn't, you're chasing butterflies, or you're running around the room and not focusing on the boss.

3. Great Weapon fighter. You think you're a tank and you are extremely squishy and pretty much close to dying all the time. A dead GWF is a no good GWF. You think you're a rogue and go after mobs and try to burn them before the party gets there. No one likes a Leeroy Jenkins. Also, to repeat the early statement, a dead GWF is a no good GWF.

4. Guardian Fighter. You can't keep the mobs on you. You die way too fast. You don't use Knight's Valor when you should or even know what it is. You don't move around and just put your back against a wall with your shield up (doesn't save you from AOE).

5. Control Wizard. You DON"T know how to play your role. Let's examine the name first...Control Wizard. You control the room, the pace, the adds, etc. Don't go in a spam ice storm when the party gets overwhelmed by mobs. Its counter productive. GWFs, GFs, and TRs hate...HATE...ice storm. Spreading mobs out makes it hard to control (key word) and lets the mobs fill the room with red from all sorts of direction where its hard to get out of. Keep them in gathered in a small group. In case you didn't know red = bad. Because of your incompetence to know this role, you either contribute to wiping the party, or making the run more difficult. No sympathy from me that you get kicked for this reason.

6. Hunter Ranger. If you're not a trapper, you're not doing anything helpful. A single targer ranger is absolutely worthless. What part of this game have you've seen any kind of boss where there is no adds? Don't you dare say the dragons for the campaign. If you never saw them, its because the other rangers, CWs, and sometimes GWFs burn through them before you can get your ST shot off. I can go all day on this class and why you get kicked.

7. Warlock. I hate and love this class. The love for this class is the life steal (off heals). I've seen warlocks out heal clerics many times over (maybe the cleric sucks, who knows). The hate is that spell (which I don't know what it is called) that lags or cripples the game. My heart goes out to you warlocks because its one of your powerful spells that make you or break you.

End boss kick
You died within 1-3 minutes into the fight. Party wipes and try again and you die with 1-3 minutes. Usually a good party lets this slide 2-3 times then boot but I understand if they do it the first time. You can't gripe that this happened to you. The reason could be that the party asked if you know the mechanics and you either lied and said yes or you didn't answer and they gave you the benefit of the doubt.

But what about being kicked when the loot dropped? Here is the 85% reason why that has happened to you. You died, within the first 3 minute of a 10-15 minute fight. A great example, Spellplague Caverns, that boss fight is long and you ate it before the the second floor drops. Why do you think that you deserve a chance at the end loot? If you were there sine the beginning of the dungeon, usually you don't kicked and showed you earned your spot. If you got in on a party already at the end...c'mon dude, seriously? You think you deserve a piece of that pie? Excuse me while I laugh at you're reasoning. If you were there the whole run and still alive when the boss dies and they kick you, now that is a good reason to lose your cool. The funny thing about that is I never been kicked. How you ask? I play with friends or a member of a guild. Ta-da! Problem solved on that issue. If you join a party and it has 3 members of the same guild, you should no better. If the guild is called "boot n loot", then shame on you for even sticking around.

So here it is folks. These are the reasons why most of you are getting kicked. My advice to you on preventing these issues are as follows.

1. Know your role. Get with a friend or guildee who can help you.
2. Play your role as you should.
3. Don't floor tank. It doesn't work.
4. Join a guild.

Good luck and I hope your future loots be bountiful. See you out there!
Post edited by pathayn on

Comments

• cummins12vcummins12v Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    pathayn wrote: »
    Dear party kick victim,

Here are some reasoning and assumptions on why you have you have been booted, aka kicked, from a dungeon. From immediate kick, mid dungeon kick, and even end boss kick.

Immediate kick.
    They have the same class already in the party and they might not need 2 classes of the same. Maybe they have a mid grade class that needs gear while youre there to farm and perhaps swipe the gear he/she needs to improve. (didnt think that, did you? but you want to cry wolf regardless). Perhaps maybe youre a CW and there is only need for one and that person has a ridiculous GS and is helping his/her guildees by running through the dungeon. I do that and to compensate my efforts, I get the gear for my class to sell for AD.

mid dungeon kick
    so you didnt get kicked until you were half way through the dungeon. Youre frustrated and ready to throw that controller through the tv. Here's a question you might want to ask yourself before you lose your cool. Why did they kick me? I'll give reasons for each class to give you an idea without dealing with gear score.

1. Cleric. You are horrible at healing and people are either dying or popping tons of potions (4g for 20, you do the math) and you can't heal through it. Don't take it personal but, i don't like losing 4-8g because your inability to heal.

2. Rogue. You're all over the place. You're not going after the hefty monsters that your ST (single target) DPS can burn through. You're pulling mobs when you shouldn't, you're chasing butterflies, or you're running around the room and not focusing on the boss.

3. Great Weapon fighter. You think you're a tank and you are extremely squishy and pretty much close to dying all the time. A dead GWF is a no good GWF. You think you're a rogue and go after mobs and try to burn them before the party gets there. No one likes a Leeroy Jenkins. Also, to repeat the early statement, a dead GWF is a no good GWF.

4. Guardian Fighter. You can't keep the mobs on you. You die way too fast. You don't use Knight's Valor when you should or even know what it is. You don't move around and just put your back against a wall with your shield up (doesn't save you from AOE).

5. Control Wizard. You DON"T know how to play your role. Let's examine the name first...Control Wizard. You control the room, the pace, the adds, etc. Don't go in a spam ice storm when the party gets overwhelmed by mobs. Its counter productive. GWFs, GFs, and TRs hate...HATE...ice storm. Spreading mobs out makes it hard to control (key word) and lets the mobs fill the room with red from all sorts of direction where its hard to get out of. Keep them in gathered in a small group. In case you didn't know red = bad. Because of your incompetence to know this role, you either contribute to wiping the party, or making the run more difficult. No sympathy from me that you get kicked for this reason.

6. Hunter Ranger. If you're not a trapper, you're not doing anything helpful. A single targer ranger is absolutely worthless. What part of this game have you've seen any kind of boss where there is no adds? Don't you dare say the dragons for the campaign. If you never saw them, its because the other rangers, CWs, and sometimes GWFs burn through them before you can get your ST shot off. I can go all day on this class and why you get kicked.

7. Warlock. I hate and love this class. The love for this class is the life steal (off heals). I've seen warlocks out heal clerics many times over (maybe the cleric sucks, who knows). The hate is that spell (which I don't know what it is called) that lags or cripples the game. My heart goes out to you warlocks because its one of your powerful spells that make you or break you.

End boss kick
    You died within 1-3 minutes into the fight. Party wipes and try again and you die with 1-3 minutes. Usually a good party lets this slide 2-3 times then boot but I understand if they do it the first time. You can't gripe that this happened to you. The reason could be that the party asked if you know the mechanics and you either lied and said yes or you didn't answer and they gave you the benefit of the doubt.

But what about being kicked when the loot dropped? Here is the 85% reason why that has happened to you. You died, within the first 3 minute of a 10-15 minute fight. A great example, Spellplague Caverns, that boss fight is long and you ate it before the the second floor drops. Why do you think that you deserve a chance at the end loot? If you were there sine the beginning of the dungeon, usually you don't kicked and showed you earned your spot. If you got in on a party already at the end...c'mon dude, seriously? You think you deserve a piece of that pie? Excuse me while I laugh at you're reasoning. If you were there the whole run and still alive when the boss dies and they kick you, now that is a good reason to lose your cool. The funny thing about that is I never been kicked. How you ask? I play with friends or a member of a guild. Ta-da! Problem solved on that issue. If you join a party and it has 3 members of the same guild, you should no better. If the guild is called "boot n loot", then shame on you for even sticking around.

So here it is folks. These are the reasons why most of you are getting kicked. My advice to you on preventing these issues are as follows.

4. Join a guild.

Those might account for 1 out of 10 kicks. The issue people have with kicks are when the last boss is almost dead and they get kicked. What you have posted does not address this. Your explanations are weak.
    Edit: your elitist thinking is cute non the less.
    Edit2: eitherway, this problem is addressed in the next patch.... BOOM!!!
  • pathaynpathayn Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I said some of the reasons. I'm far from elitist, my friend. But, you're trolling is not needed here. This post was to give people better reasons on why they were kicked. Sorry if you are a victim of the party kick but you might want to look at your attitude first.
  • bleedinblue75bleedinblue75 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'm guessing you are a frequent kicker instead of helping and teaching others you kick my guild will actually pull those random people into our party chat and go over the plan and expectations and in most cases offer advice as to what skills to use and where and when to use them we have even taken advice from them if they knew something we didn't

We will beat the boss and we will all share in wealth and alot of times make new friends new guildmates or guild alliances all because we don't kick

Ps my hunter will more than likely out damage and kill in most cases and I am not a trapper so your argument is not valid there but because of people like you that see a green leaf you kick
    edited June 2015
    funny, I don't kick since i play with friends and guildmates. I also didnt make this post to look down on people or start arguments. This what im observing and hearing from others. Many times i have taken new players and help with builds. So your finger pointing is just rude. I'll take that challenge btw on your ranger
    edited June 2015
    I'll run w u we r always looking for people to run with I didn't buy my gs so it's not high but I know how to play I earned mine not being rude just pointing out how it looks when people read your post if I assumed that then how many others have
    edited June 2015
    I just read my post and it did come out a little rough. I have experienced some very bad players and lost alot of gold so i might have been a little frustrated when writing this. Looking like a jerk was not my intention.

On our challenge, it would interesting since im a trapper.
    edited June 2015
    Sweet I'm ready lol
    edited June 2015
    Let's do it after double xp thou got to get 3 more characters to 60 they will be my 4th 5th and 6th characters
    edited June 2015
    yea, im working on my 4th now
    edited June 2015
    Look me up I'll level up with you my lowest right now is a 27 GWF working on blackdagger the only character I don't have is a GF
  • greatg1gintheskygreatg1ginthesky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Another pointless thread, full of pointless reasons.
    Let's cut it down:

You give all of these reasons on why people are kicked, (or why YOU think people are kicked). I can guarantee that there are a million more reasons on top of those, and I can't really justify any of them.
    You obviously think kicking people for all of those reasons you posted is perfectly fine, and THAT is the very reason why vote to kick is a broken system that needs fixing. Congrats on making yet another thread that highlights it.

You then go on to say that you don't get kicked because you play with friends.

^^^^ Do you not see the pattern? ^^^^
    Playing with friends is fine, play with randoms and people like you will kick because you're not 100% satisfied with something.

People like you, with that attitude, have 'KILLED' this game, to the point where it's becoming impossible to complete dungeons unless you play with friends. Therefore, all this thread does, (along with all the other threads that have come before, that try to justify booting people) is highlight:
    1) What morons people can be,
    2) The only safe way currently to complete dungeons is to play with friends
    3) The vote to kick system needs fixing (preferably removing).

I've said it before... kids will be kids. Give them power, and they will abuse it.
    Ideally, people should game together and have fun, and find a way around whatever problems might arise in a dungeon, and go on to complete it, and who knows... maybe even have a sense of accomplishment at the end of it *gasp*. As it is, it's just too easy to just kick instead, the moment someone doesn't like something. Yeah... great fun for all involved!

Very sad times indeed.

EDIT:
    Oh, and just for the record.. I completely understand that certain scenarios (example: someone keeps dying quickly) can be frustrating. But it still doesn't give you the right to boot.

To put it in simple terms (using another one of your kicking reasons)... YOU don't get to decide that I am playing my class wrong. YOU can take it upon yourself to leave. Or just play with your friends like you said.

This is not specifically aimed at the OP, it is aimed at anyone that kicks. I'd also like to add, I play my class perfectly well, but I certainly don't think i'm within my rights to kick someone if I deem that they aren't playing theirs equally as well. I AM NOT GOD!
  • vincentkurayamavincentkurayama Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    5. Control Wizard. You DON"T know how to play your role. Let's examine the name first...Control Wizard. You control the room, the pace, the adds, etc. Don't go in a spam ice storm when the party gets overwhelmed by mobs. Its counter productive. GWFs, GFs, and TRs hate...HATE...ice storm.

This, so much this, and it's not just them. Other CWs I can't imagine would like it either, Trappers benefit from mobs being grouped up (Constricting Arrow), and as a SW, I hate it because it ruins the nice groups of mobs that I can shoot Dreadtheft through for tons of Lifesteal to heal everyone as well as Harrowstorm and both of my dailies. What I find even worse than Ice Storm, though, is Sunburst for the same reason and because it can be used far more readily. DCs that use it get on my nerves and I have come close to stopping mid-dungeon just so I can tell them to switch it out because it's an inconvenience for melee classes and classes that deal AoE damage.
    classes.png
    GT: VincentKurayama
    Vivian 13.2k gs SW | Robyn 10.1k gs GF | Zayzara 10.0k gs TR | Kalii 10.1k gs GWF
    Jayde 10.5k gs HR | Erynn 10.3k gs CW | Lorelei 10.3k gs DC | Elise Level 4 OP (PC)
  • telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The only reason we boot is if someone is being deliberately unhelpful (and ignoring any attempt to help correct their playstyle) or if they try to kick anyone else (in our guild or not).
    It's sad seeing so many PUG players avoid us because they feel they can't trust guilds.
    Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.
  • getphazedgetphazed Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    telprydain wrote: »
    The only reason we boot is if someone is being deliberately unhelpful (and ignoring any attempt to help correct their playstyle) or if they try to kick anyone else (in our guild or not).
    It's sad seeing so many PUG players avoid us because they feel they can't trust guilds.

Same, try to never boot anyone unless they decide to go afk for a long time or if they try to kick someone else for no reason. Also looting while fighting especially on bosses, tend to give a warning first and if they keep doing it they get booted, have booted people after the final boss because they decided to run in and loot instead of fighting adds after they had been previously warned.
  • theungodlytheungodly Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I said some of the reasons. I'm far from elitist, my friend. But, you're trolling is not needed here. This post was to give people better reasons on why they were kicked. Sorry if you are a victim of the party kick but you might want to look at your attitude first.

Yes, you are an elitist. Your entire thread screams elitist and if you don't see that yourself, that's kind of a problem with elitists.
    As the other poster wrote, most people don't have any problems with being kicked 'cause they're bad and if that is a reason for some people, it's a sh**y elitist reason to kick anyone. The vote kick is there for stuff like afk's and people who's obviously intentionally are ruining the game for other.

Here's another solution: Why don't you quit the game instead of kicking someone that you don't like to play with? That's not an option to you? Well, it is. Just do us all a favor and leave the group if you don't get the correct amount of correct classes, if people aren't as good as you want them to be and if they're not playing as you want. Just leave.
    HR - "The Ungodly"
    DC - "The Unholy"
    Guild: Ruthless
  • eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    So according to the OP, you have to magically know the fights without actually doing them. Yes, the friends and the guild are the perfect option, but what if you are a casual. Hey, OP, people make mistakes and some times <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> happens. Personally, I generally do one epic a day or so. Though lately, I've been avoiding T2 Epics because of the rampant kicking to the point, it is now happening in skirmishes and CTAs.
  • sinibytesinibyte Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    This is why you get kicked:

https://account.xbox.com/en-us/gameclip/23dee528-6758-4d75-b5bc-895566d378e0?gamerTag=THOUGHTBLUDGEON&scid=8dd60100-6cc0-42f2-bb3e-c47b184a79f5

Notice Haarl's Book dropped? Notice the loading screen right afterwards?

That's why you get booted.

Or maybe this:

https://account.xbox.com/en-us/gameclip/c989abc5-f24c-47ea-9a8f-938166aed1dd?gamerTag=THOUGHTBLUDGEON&scid=8dd60100-6cc0-42f2-bb3e-c47b184a79f5

Because the other greedy selfish GWF decided he didn't want me there and his two buddies voted yes, after I helped them clear the dungeon.

Want more?

Happens constantly.
  • redlex17redlex17 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    getphazed wrote: »
    Same, try to never boot anyone unless they decide to go afk for a long time or if they try to kick someone else for no reason. Also looting while fighting especially on bosses, tend to give a warning first and if they keep doing it they get booted, have booted people after the final boss because they decided to run in and loot instead of fighting adds after they had been previously warned.

I'd say this may be a product of the current culture. Because people are so afraid of being kicked before they get a chance to participate in a loot roll, they may rush to loot to ensure that opportunity.
  • azuosed89azuosed89 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Dear party kick victim,

Immediate kick.

mid dungeon kick

End boss kick

4. Join a guild.

As a GWF I can do ANY dungeon, and it is very unlikely that I die and I do a very decent DPS. Other day I was running epic shores with my brother, a HR, that needed his off hand from shores. Guess what? we made to the boss fight, and the entire party died except me, my brother, and one TR from our group. We finished the boss quick. The boss dropped a wisdom belt, and people were voting kick as soon as they saw the belt.
    People kick most of the time because they are greedy. People tend to try to kick the same class to avoid competing for loots for that class, or to have less people to compete for loot overall, or even they want a perfect and fast run.
    very few runs are actually for something make sense. For example, I can do pirate king solo and fast on my GWF. And the other day I was farming drake seals, I entered the map and found myself in the campfire of some BAD party trying to fight the boss. they failed miserably while I was watching, and they vote kicked me for some reason. I came back and this time they didnt kick me, and I pretty much did the boss fight all by myself.
    Gannicus GWF PvP
    DENIAL
  • redlex17redlex17 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'm curious to see how the DPS experiment works out for the two HRs posting initially. Let us know if this happens. That being said.

I've been kicked a few times from Skirmishes or Epic Dungeons. In most cases, it was as I spawned into the zone, which I assume is because they want a specific class or a member of the group is the same class as I am and doesn't want competition.

Wanting a specific class: This is sad, because the game was designed for a lot of overlap between roles for classes. I see this as one of two things, both of which often indicate laziness on the group members kicking: you only know one way to play your class or you're in a hurry. Most classes can be played in a way that can make any dungeon run successful. If you only know one way to play your class, take the time to learn it better. If you feel your group needs a certain make-up because you want a faster run, perhaps you should make a full group and not use the que to obtain group members. Your attempt to save yourself time only wastes my time.
    Already one person in the group of your class: This is just an example of greed and poor character.

That being said, I have been kicked in dungeons, and not been upset about it at all. For example, I know my first epic run in both Spellplague, I was kicked after two failed attempts. I did not know the fight. I did not know my role. Granted, there was not discussion in chat to teach me, nor did I speak up myself at the time to ask for help. However, I wasn't upset and totally understood that kick.
    I will say though, that just because someone dies early in a boss fight doesn't mean they don't know what they are doing. It may be bad luck, and it can just as easily be due to another group member not fulfilling their role. Healing is obvious. I can't tell you how many times I've seen someone die early on the last boss in Spellplague because whoever was on add duty couldn't control the adds, leading to someone getting knocked off the edge.
  • dunaughtdunaught Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I had a run where I was kicked because they thought I was not doing my job as an HR(trapper). Tank would pull the room. All mobs centered, I'd go to root and stupid cleirc AoE blasts the mobs off the tank. My fault? Hell no, but I got booted
  • silktrocitysilktrocity Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    A lot of those are reasonable explanations. But I think your are underestimating the percentage of players that are kicked because of boot and loot. It's much worse then you are insinuating here.

That being said, I agree with you and I agree with your idea to fix the problem. MAKE FRIENDS/ PLAY WITH THEM. People shouldn't be complaining on the forums over this topic when theres a very simple way to counteract this from happening to them. Hence why I don't run ELoL solo anymore.
    Lady Vayo TR - Silky OP - Lord Reven DC (retired) - Lady Luck HR (retired)
    edited June 2015
    I dunno. I guess the reason I think the OPs reasoning are silly is because of how rediculously easy dungeons are to run in this game. They are SUPER EASY mode! It's like this is vanilla WoW and we are running Molten Core or Onxyia. This is easy mode stuff, get a grip!

Edit: which brings me back to my point. The "main" issue is people boot n looting. There are entire guilds DEDICATED to this! Some even have it in there guild names!!!

Let's be honest, these guilds are intentionally running 3 man dungeons when they could easily have 5. Why do you suppose they do this!? Because it maximizes there loot. 2 groups of 3 will net a lot more AD ( when boot and looting ) for all 6 players than if they ran one single dungeon with a full group of five of them. And since we all know how super easy mode these heroics are.... These 3 people ALONE could complete the dungeon without 2 others. But why do that when you can burn through the dungeon faster with 2 extras and then just boot n loot at the end?
    edited June 2015
    A lot of those are reasonable explanations. But I think your are underestimating the percentage of players that are kicked because of boot and loot. It's much worse then you are insinuating here.

That being said, I agree with you and I agree with your idea to fix the problem. MAKE FRIENDS/ PLAY WITH THEM. People shouldn't be complaining on the forums over this topic when theres a very simple way to counteract this from happening to them. Hence why I don't run ELoL solo anymore.

But the game is far to easy to " be required to run with friends". It's a temporary fix, but it's a perfect example in why we need a fix ;)
  • telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The OP could be shorter:

Getting kicked explained:
    They're jerks

You're all welcome.
    Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.