test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Time to sort frame rate issues!!

jdnutzjdnutz Member Posts: 322 Arc User
I can put up with being kicked, i can put up with OP TRs in pvp, i can put up with the awkward AH, i can put up with the in game txt chat being filled with spam, i can put up with only having one pvp mode and 2 maps..............yes us xbox one Neverwinter players put up with alot!.........................BUT i will no longer put with the ****ty frame rate/lag, i go to a dragon area and sometimes i,m getting the worst frame rate/lag i,ve experienced in a xbox one game maybe even on 360 aswell, us xbox players grow impatient fast, any other game i would have gave up, but i do really like Neverwinter so i hope for the best, but has Neverwinter has been out for 3 years on PC, i would expect a better xbox one version:(

Every tuesday with the server maintenance, i hope, pray, keep my fingers crossed this frame rate/lag, will get better, but always, 5 mins in i,m disappointed and question myself for continuing with this game.................... I have two level 60s i,m a dedicated player, my xbox network settings are : over 100mb download, 10 mb upload, about 150 latency, 0% packet loss, under a cone/open nat, using a ethernet cable, so i dont believe the problem is on my side, also i have Neverwinter on a external hard drive and not on my xbox internal hardrive, i dont know if thats a problem?:confused: Any feedback is welcomed.:D
Post edited by jdnutz on

Comments

• hipranger1hipranger1 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I think you are 100% correct -- the problem is not on your end. The problem is with the game, either asking the xbox to do too much rendering at once and/or their servers get overloaded, especially during things like boss fights and heroic encounters. I can't tell you how many times I'm getting mobbed, have a 15 second freeze, then find out that I'm dead. Eventually I have to ask, "What's the point in playing this?"
  • hipranger1hipranger1 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    And don't get me started on getting booted back to the Xbox login screen whenever the game tries to load a new area after queueing for a dungeon.
  • bkthomsonbkthomson Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The current frame rate issue I've seen has been in this latest Event when there is like 50+ characters, player/npc/cultist/drakes/fire all at once going at it. While it is a lot of fun playing and impressive to see all that interaction that is when things slow down on the frame rate. Its not the end of the world for me but yeah it is very noticeable.
  • eroticdoomeroticdoom Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    This appears to be more of a poor coding issue rather than purely lag... XBone can easily handle 30 players with full effects in a mass battle.
    Rushed development to get it on the Xbox is the catalyst.
    " I reject your reality and substitute it with my own "
  • strictlyevilstrictlyevil Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Nah, it's like this on PC as well in big battles even on my PC which should have an easy time handling the game on ultra settings. Still lags on low graphics settings.

Just bad coding in general. It's gotten better though on both sides I will admit and it seems to continue getting better but it just takes them forever.
    Ancient 18.8k CW | Ancient Heals 18k DC | Ancient Tank 22.2k GF | GT: XGC Army
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • bbascomdevbbascomdev Member, Cryptic Developers Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    We definitely are working hard on this. With Tiamat coming, we have put a lot of effort into performance improvements. We'll be rolling those out soon with the Tiamat update.

We also have a fix in place for one of the most notable issues - the multi-second freezing.
  • nervusbreakd0wnnervusbreakd0wn Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    is this a client side that will get the fixes or the host end?
  • wanderingkyngwanderingkyng Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Scarabman wrote: »
    We definitely are working hard on this. With Tiamat coming, we have put a lot of effort into performance improvements. We'll be rolling those out soon with the Tiamat update.

We also have a fix in place for one of the most notable issues - the multi-second freezing.

I have never fallen in love so quickly on a video game forum. Scarabman, where have you been all my life? lol

Fix the multi-second freezes and my long-term commitment to Neverwinter will be official. :-)
  • theroniest87theroniest87 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I just keep asking myself, why bother now? :D
  • bbascomdevbbascomdev Member, Cryptic Developers Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    is this a client side that will get the fixes or the host end?

The change needs to be made on the client. We have to run a new build through Microsoft's certification system before we can release it to everyone in a patch.
  • codher0codher0 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    With a game this massive... and it being the first MMO for console I think we should all give them some extra time to fix everything ;)
  • obliviouslusterobliviousluster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    hipranger1 wrote: »
    I think you are 100% correct -- the problem is not on your end. The problem is with the game, either asking the xbox to do too much rendering at once and/or their servers get overloaded, especially during things like boss fights and heroic encounters. I can't tell you how many times I'm getting mobbed, have a 15 second freeze, then find out that I'm dead. Eventually I have to ask, "What's the point in playing this?"
    My favorite is when you're running a dungeon and someone steps on a trap! :rolleyes: The whole party freezes and then half of you are dead! Its gotten to the point where I find it comical. Like we're playing freeze-tag and the first person who steps on a trap instantly becomes "it". ;)
    Walk on wandering souls
    For your respite we pray
    Let our humble song clear your hearts of dismay,
    Rekindle the flame in your souls and set you free
    So walk on and become the light that guides the way~
  • eroticdoomeroticdoom Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Have noticed you reduced effects froms spells showing especially CW ray of frost which now only shows to player casting... can't see animation at all from any of them now.... ever notice when entering an area where a Dragon battle is in progress the name of the Dragon becomes a long code string !!

Oddly on launch game ran perfectly for me no lag dragon battles were smooth , never once had a 30 sec to 1min pause when entering a battle or even being kicked to dashboard.
    " I reject your reality and substitute it with my own "
  • cummins12vcummins12v Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    My favorite is when you're running a dungeon and someone steps on a trap! :rolleyes: The whole party freezes and then half of you are dead! Its gotten to the point where I find it comical. Like we're playing freeze-tag and the first person who steps on a trap instantly becomes "it". ;)

Very well put. This NEEDS to be fixed. There is not a maybe, or it would help.... It MUST be fixed...but... Can they?
  • cummins12vcummins12v Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    codher0 wrote: »
    With a game this massive... and it being the first MMO for console I think we should all give them some extra time to fix everything ;)
    But it's not really massive. And it's not an MMO in a traditional sense. Max of 20-30 players on a given instance. That's acktuall a really low number. Can you imagine if they tried to make it open world!? Epic fail then lol
  • gmanbigogmanbigo Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Tanking becoming very disheartening! The freezing and rubberbanding and B A D!
  • sirgrambo1980sirgrambo1980 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Good god after trying to register for an hour... anyway..

This is the type of FPS performance i've been seeing way to often.
    https://account.xbox.com/en-us/gameclip/5deaab60-d715-45c7-b389-c92d1870ebf5?gamerTag=grambo1980&scid=8dd60100-6cc0-42f2-bb3e-c47b184a79f5
  • telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Scarabman wrote: »
    The change needs to be made on the client. We have to run a new build through Microsoft's certification system before we can release it to everyone in a patch.

Thanks for the reply!
    Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.