test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Suggestions to bring fury up to par

martanis117martanis117 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
edited June 2015 in The Nine Hells
So what i have noticed is that i can get out damaged by CW's by a fair amount with the same ilvl. Some TR's can absolutely smash what my character can dish out even at ilvl 2400. GWF's with the right build can obliterate the paingiver with lesser gear than myself (im 3958).

Im no where near being bad, as i have been playing for a long time and know how the SW works. I feel we are utterly gimped and should be up to par with other damage dealing classes.

Yes, fury is all about the DoT's. The abilities we have are dot based, but lack any "oompf". Why not revert creeping death back to what it used to be, and make it over 4 seconds instead of 8. Fiery bolt could hit a bit harder as well. Warlocks bargain needs to be looked at, as the health gain sucks along with its damage. I think it should take away hp still, but instead of gaining hp, make us sacrifice hp for more damage.

I think dread theft should be a shorter channel time, but deal the same damage as if it was the full channel. Take away the curse consume, and synergize it to add the damage bonus. We are dot based but consume our curses too much. Fiery bolt imo should be the eater.

When a curse gets eaten, how about have creeping death have a chance to trigger all of its damage that is left over from the stacks. That gives us some burst. It wouldnt be OP since we can only curse 3 targets.

I also believe our dots should have the ability to crit based off our crit chance. Currently, our dots hit like soggy wet noodles.

Our class features are ok. For fury we have ONE good one(NPNM), and one somewhat okay (the speed). The rest are basically garbage. We no longer need prince of hell since arpen is real easy to soft cap.

I think perhaps prince of hell should instead add to crit stat instead of arpen. That would make it entirely more useful instead of it's current state.

I believe this short list would actually bring us up to par with the other classes that are absolutely dominating the damage dealing.

Also...for frick sakes just give us back our life steal as it was in mod 5. That was our top line of defense.

Edit: for really bad dislexic looking typos.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• backbite44backbite44 Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Agreed! Pretty much getting the same feeling as you, that we under performed in an area we should likely be the tops. Been pret ty much sitting the game out as my playtime only really allow me one character and he's not really enjoyable anymore.

completely agree with the LS suggestion, give something, anything sheesh. Though I am at least saving money in the mean time ;)

Llev,
    Saved!
  • denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    That wouldn't make sense. Creeping Death is amplified by crits alreayd, you don't need to re amplify and making it crit twice.

If you deal 10k damage normal you deal 6k creeping death damage

If you crit for 20k damage now you get 12k creeping death. Effectively making it crit.
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
  • treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I think dread theft should be a shorter channel time, but deal the same damage as if it was the full channel. Take away the curse consume, and synergize it to add the damage bonus. We are dot based but consume our curses too much. Fiery bolt imo should be the eater.

When a curse gets eaten, how about have creeping death have a chance to trigger all of its damage that is left over from the stacks. That gives us some burst. It wouldnt be OP since we can only curse 3 targets.

Also...for frick sakes just give us back our life steal as it was in mod 5. That was our top line of defense.

I Agree dread theft with a shorter channel if it deals the same number of hits, remember that not everybody is Hellbringer.
    About the curse consume, if it was removed it would bring the build of many players down because of the new mod 6 passive class effect (100% to apply lesser curse on critic and that curse deas 50% more damage) if it would not be consumed Parting blasfemy f.e. would not work, i do agree to add a effect on the 3 feats paths when a curse is consumed, it makes much sense to me.

• martanis117martanis117 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    denvald wrote: »
    That wouldn't make sense. Creeping Death is amplified by crits alreayd, you don't need to re amplify and making it crit twice.

If you deal 10k damage normal you deal 6k creeping death damage

If you crit for 20k damage now you get 12k creeping death. Effectively making it crit.

I mean i would like to see creeping death being able to crit. It doesn't do enough damage for that to be op.
    edited June 2015
    I Agree dread theft with a shorter channel if it deals the same number of hits, remember that not everybody is Hellbringer.
    About the curse consume, if it was removed it would bring the build of many players down because of the new mod 6 passive class effect (100% to apply lesser curse on critic and that curse deas 50% more damage) if it would not be consumed Parting blasfemy f.e. would not work, i do agree to add a effect on the 3 feats paths when a curse is consumed, it makes much sense to me.

I meant when the curse gets consumed by something like fiery bolt. Its supposed to be a big explosion. I want creeping death to consume all its stacks and deal the remaining dmg in a non DoT form. Some burst, ya know? We lack that.
  • treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I meant when the curse gets consumed by something like fiery bolt. Its supposed to be a big explosion. I want creeping death to consume all its stacks and deal the remaining dmg in a non DoT form. Some burst, ya know? We lack that.

yes, i agree, that was what i meant, but you just focussed on Fury:
    add a effect on the 3 feats paths when a curse is consumed, it makes much sense to me.

On fury the non DoT you've spoken;
    On damnation.....
    On temptation....

edited June 2015
    yes, i agree, that was what i meant, but you just focussed on Fury:

On fury the non DoT you've spoken;
    On damnation.....
    On temptation....

Hence the title lol i know next to nothing about the other two trees since it's not my cup of tea