test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How is Tiamet going to be possible..? [legit question]

silktrocitysilktrocity Member Posts: 239 Arc User
Is this game on dedicated servers?

I guarantee that 100% of this community has experienced issues while fighting dragons in which either of the following happens:

1. the frame rate drops so low that the game begins stuttering and you think your xbox is going to explode.
2. the frame rate drops to 0 and the game crashes.
3. the frame rate drops to 0 and when it picks up again you're already dead.
4. [server not responding]
5. Instantly freezes.

This also happens when there are high amounts of ads during boss fights, PK is a prime example.

So this is a legit question, If we can't even have stable battles against single dragons... than how the hell are we going to be able to participate in 20+ man raids while fighting 5 dragon's at the same time...

I'm cringing at the thought.
Lady Vayo TR - Silky OP - Lord Reven DC (retired) - Lady Luck HR (retired)
Post edited by silktrocity on

Comments

• Options
    googootsgoogoots Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    "In addition to the new content, our team is also bringing several updates and improvements to the game with the expansion launch. We will have a detailed update on these fixes in the future, but we are looking to implement solutions that will greatly increase the performance and stability of the game as well as making adjustments to the vote-kick feature that is currently in place. Stay tuned to the blog for a specific breakdown in the coming weeks."

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/xbox/neverwinter/news/detail/9314443
  • Options
    thezer0fluxthezer0flux Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    You have valid concerns, and I can't really address your other points, but I can tell you the game is definitely on dedicated servers.
  • Options
    cummins12vcummins12v Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    googoots wrote: »
    "In addition to the new content, our team is also bringing several updates and improvements to the game with the expansion launch. We will have a detailed update on these fixes in the future, but we are looking to implement solutions that will greatly increase the performance and stability of the game as well as making adjustments to the vote-kick feature that is currently in place. Stay tuned to the blog for a specific breakdown in the coming weeks."

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/xbox/neverwinter/news/detail/9314443

In no way shape or form does that mean it will be playable. ( the lag should have already be addressed prerelease IF it even COULD be. I guess we most certainly shall see.....
  • Options
    ir1shknuckl3sir1shknuckl3s Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    There was no way to know that the lag would be present prerelease. The beta was for a limited amount of players. They had no clue that the game would see 1.6 million individual players in its first month. The lag will be fixed and hopefully it starts with the removal of all the damage numbers flashing on screen at any given time. Give them a break, this is the first real MMO on the console. It takes time.
  • Options
    majnumbthumbs1majnumbthumbs1 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Free dollars and free d free cents.
  • Options
    cactusjacktercactusjackter Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    cummins12v wrote: »
    In no way shape or form does that mean it will be playable. ( the lag should have already be addressed prerelease IF it even COULD be. I guess we most certainly shall see.....

How exactly could the lag be addressed pre-release? Do you actually know anything on the subject at all?
  • Options
    kabinoleskabinoles Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    you guyz are not alone,imagen all that before you guyz where here and today we still have the same problems
  • Options
    kestrelhawkerkestrelhawker Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Lag in this sort of games , especially in big raid situations is unavoidable ... on PC running a machine that outclasses the Xbox on every level .. You will still hit lag spikes. Its just the nature of this sort of beast.
  • Options
    gotmtdewgotmtdew Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I play both this and ESO and to be honest ESO I have not had lag issues as I have in Neverwinter. Also on their FB page they are at least responding to people's comments. Where as NW has not on any post. All they care about honesty is making money. They do server maintenance but yet as soon as it's back up wow a Sale on the Zen Market. Never fails every time. I as I said have payed both but the amount of lag that has been happening lately is unjustified. It was actually ok before the Battlefield Seige was put in so hopefully once that's been removed things will be better. I understand it's a f2p game but don't you think they would have wanted to fix the lag issues prior to releasing more content? One would think but again it goes back to making money.

Lag in this sort of games , especially in big raid situations is unavoidable ... on PC running a machine that outclasses the Xbox on every level .. You will still hit lag spikes. Its just the nature of this sort of beast.
  • Options
    ancojoancojo Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    If they take away that effing loot screen it might help, I'm sick of needing and greeding mid fight so I can see what I'm doing again, how in the world has it not be resized yet?
  • Options
    bbascomdevbbascomdev Member, Cryptic Developers Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    We've spent a lot of development cycles working on Tiamat performance - and performance in general. We've fixed some of the most egregious performance issues in this coming update.

A note on something I see from time-to-time is the expectation that our weekly maintenance will fix X or Y problem. While it is possible that we are fixing an issue during our standard weekly maintenance, it may be helpful to understand that we cannot update the Xbox build as frequently as we can update the PC build. Once we have a build ready to release, it can take two more weeks to get it through Microsoft's certification. This is potentially much longer if they want us to change something to adhere to Xbox policies.

Most commonly, the weekly maintenance is preventative. If we keep the servers running for extended periods of time (greater than 9-10 days), we start to see all sorts of odd behavior. In rare circumstances, we will restart the server mid-cycle when we notice problems that have their root cause there.
  • Options
    atlas77777atlas77777 Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ancojo wrote: »
    If they take away that effing loot screen it might help, I'm sick of needing and greeding mid fight so I can see what I'm doing again, how in the world has it not be resized yet?

+1

Also the "Legolas has received an Imperial Rage Drake Mount from a lockbox" propaganda. Super stressful when trying to tank...

I will give them this, though. The first couple weeks fighting the Dracolich was nearly impossible due to the lag. They improved the performance significantly, so this gives me hope.
    -Rex, the Mad King of [Legendary Outlaws]

"I saw you out there. I don't know what came over me, but I couldn't let you die. I found something inside of myself, something incredibly heroic. I mean, not to brag, but objectively..." -Peter Quill

Rex IV Tact GF | tRex SS Rene CW | GT: G3TxxS0M3
  • Options
    strictlyevilstrictlyevil Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ancojo wrote: »
    If they take away that ****** loot screen it might help, I'm sick of needing and greeding mid fight so I can see what I'm doing again, how in the world has it not be resized yet?
    Scarabman wrote: »
    We've spent a lot of development cycles working on Tiamat performance - and performance in general. We've fixed some of the most egregious performance issues in this coming update.

A note on something I see from time-to-time is the expectation that our weekly maintenance will fix X or Y problem. While it is possible that we are fixing an issue during our standard weekly maintenance, it may be helpful to understand that we cannot update the Xbox build as frequently as we can update the PC build. Once we have a build ready to release, it can take two more weeks to get it through Microsoft's certification. This is potentially much longer if they want us to change something to adhere to Xbox policies.

Most commonly, the weekly maintenance is preventative. If we keep the servers running for extended periods of time (greater than 9-10 days), we start to see all sorts of odd behavior. In rare circumstances, we will restart the server mid-cycle when we notice problems that have their root cause there.

You've commented on nearly every issue that has been heavily complained about accept the one I quoted above (Which I think is great by the way and hope you don't take the rest of this to heart)

Is there any way we could get some type of input on this? Without the option to zoom out or adjust our UI this alone contributes to countless wipes and deaths. It was also a large complaint on PC at one point and time and now we're complaining just as heavily about the exact same issue. I'd say it's most definitely a problem especially when it appears to be a largely complained about problem on not just one but now two platforms. This problem has been pushed aside from all the talk of new content and fixes to chat and kicking but it doesn't change the fact that when the dust settles it will be right back on top of the list. I'm sure we would just like to know if this is going to stay like this as if it were intentional or if it was just an oversight to the UI not having any features allowing it to be adjusted. Don't need any mention of a fix or anything.
    Ancient 18.8k CW | Ancient Heals 18k DC | Ancient Tank 22.2k GF | GT: XGC Army
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    To be fair, the stuff that they are focusing on are currently the bigger issues.
    I'm keen to see a fix too, but would rather we deal with the game-breakers first.
    Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.
  • Options
    nervusbreakd0wnnervusbreakd0wn Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited June 2015

I have faith in you guys, i am already happy with this game, we be right here waiting waiting.
  • Options
    parsidinoparsidino Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I will never spend money while this game is only a simple porting from PC game.
    In the last event: Siege of Neverwinter, in the main menu of works, there was written "PRESS 'N' TO OPEN MAIN MENU". Where is key 'N' on may Xbox Pad? :)
    They never correctly translate numbers, infact to obtain rewards you must find 2 (or 1 i don't correctly remember), 6 or 12 supplies, but on the quest menu was written to find 1,5 or 10... :(
    Finally, no one lag issue has been solved from D1.

So, for these, I think it is a good Free Game.
    But, if you want my money, you must add somethings, or solve some issues, otherwise I will continue to play forr free... :D
  • Options
    draven165draven165 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I still stand behind the following "fixes" for performance issues:

~Allow for turning off spell graphics (As long as they work I do not need them to be "pretty and colorful"
    ~Allow to turn off the red health bars above Mob heads. (I main a Cleric and much rather have only my players health bars visible. I dont care how much health the mobs have left but I do care about my players)
    ~Allow the ability to turn off or turn down things like shadows and terrain details. The world is pretty yes but I dont need to see each blade of grass for example

These are just basic options most PC games have to allow players with less than stellar gaming PC's to be able to play the games. This can do nothing but improve performance on a console as well.
  • Options
    strictlyevilstrictlyevil Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    telprydain wrote: »
    To be fair, the stuff that they are focusing on are currently the bigger issues.
    I'm keen to see a fix too, but would rather we deal with the game-breakers first.

You'll notice I never said anything about fixing it or placing it ahead of the current issues. I said a statement about the matter was warranted and that it would still be a problem after the current big bugs are fixed. Never said anything about placing this over those.
    Ancient 18.8k CW | Ancient Heals 18k DC | Ancient Tank 22.2k GF | GT: XGC Army
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    trappy1026trappy1026 Member Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2015
    This game would be such a gem without the lag, freezes, and disconnects, but hey, this isn't a Perfect World.

Something utterly infuriating; I mainly play PvP. In groups. For the last week, every time I'm group leader after a match, I cannot Q. I get the instance bug EVERY time. I have to log out, quit game, restart, etc. It comes back every day. It's things like that that make me eyes wander to youtube to see what ESO is all about; although I'm probably not going there because first person POV isn't really my thing.. This is just my two cents, and one of many things that hampers my experience.
  • Options
    silktrocitysilktrocity Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited June 2015

I understand the process that you guys must go through to submit updates. I'm curious as to why you haven't elaborated any details for the upcoming patch (which is most likely done or close to being done already) Why is your company so secretive?
    Lady Vayo TR - Silky OP - Lord Reven DC (retired) - Lady Luck HR (retired)