test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bear your sins feat + DoTs

tommybostictommybostic Member Posts: 111 Arc User
edited June 2015 in The Temple
I was wondering how this feat works with skills like Break the spirit or so.

Feat: Targets under effect of a DoT-effect take 2-10% more damage from all sources.

So if I cast BtS without any divine or empmode it gives the DoT and the target takes 10% more dmg. But if I use 3x divine mode on BtS and then use it as empmode it gives +10% dmg for each stack consumed,but does it also put DoT on the target?

Or DoT is only if I use the base cast, not empmode one? Same goes with FMaster's Flame, does it proc DoTs only on the basic mode?
Post edited by tommybostic on

Comments

• tommybostictommybostic Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Really noone knows? :o
  • tsokushintsokushin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I was wondering how this feat works with skills like Break the spirit or so.

Feat: Targets under effect of a DoT-effect take 2-10% more damage from all sources.

So if I cast BtS without any divine or empmode it gives the DoT and the target takes 10% more dmg. But if I use 3x divine mode on BtS and then use it as empmode it gives +10% dmg for each stack consumed,but does it also put DoT on the target?

Or DoT is only if I use the base cast, not empmode one? Same goes with FMaster's Flame, does it proc DoTs only on the basic mode?

It's different in the sense that it works as a debuff. You don't actually see the damage increase from the tooltip, but you'll notice a damage increase from your actual abilities. It affects any damaging abilities done to the target.

Break the spirit puts a dot on them so yes it will trigger that feat. For encounters, it only affect normal/empowered modes.
  • tommybostictommybostic Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    But it will trigger the feat only when used on basic, without using TAB? Or if I use it in empowered mode it will also trigger the feat? thats my general problem ^^
  • lilhamletlilhamlet Member Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Bear Your Sins feat only triggers on damage over time. Only normal and empowered Break the Spirit leaves a DoT. The Divine mode does not, rather, it is a single attack with a stun.
  • kacsaneverkacsanever Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    But it will trigger the feat only when used on basic, without using TAB? Or if I use it in empowered mode it will also trigger the feat? thats my general problem ^^
    BtS and FF does not have DoT effect in divine mode. Both have DoT effect in Normal and Empowered mode. The E effect is on top of the N effect (additional effect). So yes, both N and E BtS/FF activates ByS w/ their DoT. So do BotS (at-will) and Fire of the Gods feat. As far as I remember D-Sunburst does NOT activate ByS even though it grants DoT (but I am not sure in it and too late to test it).