test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Option to Block People Ingame

rhapsodicalrhapsodical Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited June 2015 in Player Feedback (Xbox One)
Seriously this is like MMO 101 here. We should have the option to click a name and block their talking. Some people just spam the same garbage trash talking each and every day with nothing being done to them.
Post edited by rhapsodical on

Comments

• aishiiteruaishiiteru Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    i would like to block all those little kids that just start kick voting ppl for no reason ;)
  • quaffliciousquafflicious Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    For the love of God this needs to be put in.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    Players can ignore other people in the PC version. I would be surprised if there wasn't a way in the Xbox version.

You should at the very least be able to turn off zone and trade channels like most every PC player does.
  • quaffliciousquafflicious Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Players can ignore other people in the PC version. I would be surprised if there wasn't a way in the Xbox version.

You should at the very least be able to turn off zone and trade channels like most every PC player does.

Only way I can think of is to block them on Xbox Live itself. But I don't know if that will also block them in the game as well. And there is no option to turn off Zone, LFG, etc. Or if there is, I have yet to find it.
  • firesforever2firesforever2 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2015

You cannot do any of that on xbox version
  • draven165draven165 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Only way I can think of is to block them on Xbox Live itself. But I don't know if that will also block them in the game as well. And there is no option to turn off Zone, LFG, etc. Or if there is, I have yet to find it.

This doesn't work unfortunately. In the 8 years I have had xbox Live I have never felt the need to block anyone until this game. Now my block list is getting pretty large but I can still see these people in game and see their chat spam. I guess the only thing the Xbox blocking does is prevent you from grouping through matchmaking?
  • wanderingkyngwanderingkyng Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Well... SURPRISE! Yes you should at the very least be able to do that...

... but on Xbox we can't. Please go make some noise with whatever employee interfaces with community moderators.
  • aishiiteruaishiiteru Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    untill they add a block option in game i will block everyone who kicks me for no reason true xbox live
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    When I get back to NY I'll try to get to my brothers house just to test what the Xbox live interfaces look like. I do not own an Xbox to check myself.

I can't fathom why those features were not carried over but of course if they are not there they should be added.
  • mrdurvamrdurva Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    When I get back to NY I'll try to get to my brothers house just to test what the Xbox live interfaces look like. I do not own an Xbox to check myself.

I can't fathom why those features were not carried over but of course if they are not there they should be added.

We can filter our chat as much as we want yet will always see trade chat or zone chat even if we want to ignore it. Also avoiding players only makes it where they can't send us a message through the xbox message system. This however does not take affect in-game :/
  • nem3slsnem3sls Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    We need the block feature badly, besides pe being flooded with spam, I wrote in the chat box they should stop spamming and just sell their <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in AH and resulted in one idiot pm spamming the hell out of me. Dingdingdingdingdingdingdingdingdingdingding... Oh boy...
    The Legendary Outlaws

maintaining HR, DC, GWF, TR, SW, CW, OP, 4 Kids and 1 wife :p Dungeon runs anyone?

Tweet me @ nem3sis_AUT
    Streaming NWXbox daily @ 7PM CEST My Twitch
    When is this for you? Worldtime Buddy

I miss you Boo :(
    edited May 2015
    I just got word from Strumslinger that the developers are actively looking into fixing the chat system.
  • bkthomsonbkthomson Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Please, a mute system would be wonderful for in game groups. I just got out of a queue daily dungeon where the person ignoring the fact his Kinect mic is on just throwing f-bombs and such, which his wife (assume) as his kids (assume). None had to do with the game but it was just normal day a Bubba Joe Bob's House.
  • eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This feature would make going into Epic Dungeons much better, especially last night when a trio of morons basically kept Grey Wolf Den to themselves for about twenty minutes unless you did a guild/friend run. I got booted four times by this bunch when I qued for the dungeon.
  • deiracheldeirachel Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Just a head's up, using the "mute in chat" option through the XBL profile does mute the person in game VOICE chat. I do it all the time.
  • telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Apparently tools are in the next patch.
    Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.