test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Does the Boar's active crit sev bonus pass through the Ioun to me???

opalsunsopalsuns Member Posts: 124 Arc User
In the Zen market there is a companion called the Boar.

It's active bonus says it gives 50% crit severity to my currently summoned companion.

Does that apply to the Ioun Stone of Allure and pass to me since the Ioun gives 100% of all it's attributes to the player?

If the answer is yes then hypothetical would suggest buying the Ioun of Allure or Radiance with the Boar would provide the same benefit as a Perfect Vorpal and essentially be cheaper. Combined with a Perfect Vorpal would also mean 100% Critical Severity.
CW SS
opalsuns
Paragon Gaming

Post edited by opalsuns on

Comments

• thezer0fluxthezer0flux Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    No, I'm pretty certain it doesn't. The way I read it, the Boar's bonus applies to itself only.
  • strictlyevilstrictlyevil Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It will only apply to the boar itself.
    Ancient 18.8k CW | Ancient Heals 18k DC | Ancient Tank 22.2k GF | GT: XGC Army
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    No it does not.
  • opalsunsopalsuns Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yeah but I am talking about the active bonus, not the summoned bonus.

Active bonus clearly states it applies to your current summoned companion.
    CW SS
    opalsuns
    Paragon Gaming

• opalsunsopalsuns Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    No it does not.
    Ok.
    Thanks for clearing that up.

Sounded too good to be true :)
    CW SS
    opalsuns
    Paragon Gaming

• strictlyevilstrictlyevil Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Unfortunately either way it wouldn't have mattered. Crit Severity isn't a stat that is carried over from an augment companion as far as I know.
    Ancient 18.8k CW | Ancient Heals 18k DC | Ancient Tank 22.2k GF | GT: XGC Army
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • csk41csk41 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I was in a random party, and one guy that was running said his friend sent in a ticket to inquiry more detail about the Boar's active skill. He said his friend got a response form the ticket he submitted and it stated that the active skill applied to the player, so in it was basically like a vorpal to critical. I didn't believe him, and I expressed it, cause to me it clearly states to summoned companion, but he swore up and down that support told his friend this was true. So, there may be a off chance that that it does apply to the player.
  • legendraystr3legendraystr3 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Your friend is wrong. I bought the shepherd thinking the active bonus went towards me. When I put the shepherd in my active slot. It only listed 4 active bonuses on the top left and my critical chance didn't go up. The shepherd adds 2% critical chance. I submitted a ticket and they explained it only affects the companion and gave me a refund since I was confused since it says it under active bonus which is for the player and I didn't understand why anyone would buy a companion to only give bonus stats to that companion. When it says affects companion, it means only the companion, NOT you and the companion.
  • thezer0fluxthezer0flux Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I submitted a ticket and they explained it only affects the companion and gave me a refund since I was confused since it says it under active bonus which is for the player and I didn't understand why anyone would buy a companion to only give bonus stats to that companion.
    I wish I could get a refund for my Boar. I misunderstood the active bonus as well, otherwise I wouldn't have purchased him.
  • jahck37jahck37 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Screenshot%2020.png

From support direct screenshot...