test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

rogues in pvp

terrell396terrell396 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
rogues one shot people in pvp how is that fair to everyone in pvp everyone knows rogue is a cheese class that takes no skill to play but one shotting people come on really smh
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    akapoloakapolo Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    There's multiple classes that can one shot if you didn't know... And if you're getting one shot get your def up. All these people complaining about a dps class but they have 100 def. either one shot them back or build so you don't get one shotted.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    ok so excuse for rogues one shooting people is i dont have enough defense u must main a rouge there complaining because rogues are op all those people arent complaining for nothing only people who main rogues try come up with excuses oh u dont have enough defense oh u dont have enough deflect rogues will one shot u regardless
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    They won't. And I main a hunter ranger lol.

I one shot people on my rogue. I one shot on my gwf. I two shot on my ranger. I two shot on my scourge.

Go back to destiny with all your crying, the things you're getting killed by you can avoid with abilities, encounters, artifacts, defense, deflect, hell just dodging.

Low def against ANY high dps char= 1 to 2 shot. Especially if you're inept at moving.
  • Options
    skeld11skeld11 Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    akapolo wrote: »
    There's multiple classes that can one shot if you didn't know... And if you're getting one shot get your def up. All these people complaining about a dps class but they have 100 def. either one shot them back or build so you don't get one shotted.

K.

http://xboxclips.com/Skeld1/b35dbe54-015a-424c-8a1b-e64306d3b904

http://xboxclips.com/Skeld1/74eb83a5-90c3-4adb-8ef7-fb66861cb321
    GWF
    -ASYLUM-
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    skeld11 wrote: »

Not saying it never happens, but for the instance you recorded, I'm sure there's just as many that's opposite. Like I said I one hit people. There's plenty that I don't one hit as well.
  • Options
    trappy1026trappy1026 Member Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2015
    DEFlect>DEF
  • Options
    thezer0fluxthezer0flux Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    terrell396 wrote: »
    rogues one shot people in pvp how is that fair to everyone in pvp everyone knows rogue is a cheese class that takes no skill to play but one shotting people come on really smh
    The problem isn't rogues. The problem is your incorrect assumption that all the classes are (or should be) identical in every way. They're not, and they shouldn't ever be; each class in NW is intentionally different. This isn't CoD or BF where each player plays the exact same guy and only the weapon types change. PvP in NW is a team-based game where success requires coordination amongst the various classes and their unique powers and abilities. Rogues do a lot of damage because that's what the class is designed to do. If you want to be able to deal damage like a TR, play a TR. Otherwise, play to the strengths of your class and play as a team. Play the game as it is -- the way it's supposed to be played -- and stop whining for the devs to create parity between all the awesome classes because you're worried about your meaningless K/D ratio.
  • Options
    strictlyevilstrictlyevil Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I don't think that's even the problem. The problem is people coming in with PVE stat distribution expecting to get PVP results. Stat allocation for PVP is completely different from PVE. If you slot yourself as a glass cannon then be expected to get one shot. People who think they can come into PVP with only 21k health, 500 defense and 500 deflect are just ignorant and one hitting them isn't some game breaking feat it should be expected.
    Ancient 18.8k CW | Ancient Heals 18k DC | Ancient Tank 22.2k GF | GT: XGC Army
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    thezer0fluxthezer0flux Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Yeah, there's that too.
  • Options
    lemonknuckleslemonknuckles Member Posts: 62
    edited June 2015
    Man, spend enough time in these forums and everyday starts to seem like Groundhog day...
  • Options
    lazyaxus111lazyaxus111 Member Posts: 65
    edited June 2015
    Man, spend enough time in these forums and everyday starts to seem like Groundhog day...

Too bad "1-shot" rogue specs aren't even the best spec for a rogue. Sure its funny when you 1 shot unlucky (under geared) people, but good players know how to get away or around this spec pretty well.

I haven't run lashing blade in months. I can also count on one hand the amount of times I've been 1 shot, or even close to one shot by a rogue.

As a rogue, I fear other rogues way less than a really good HR...

sounds like op just needs to git gud

GWF's and SW do really lack in the rogue 1v1 defense department though. They're really just free kills 99 percent of the time for a rogue.

EDIT: What's your defense, deflection, and Tenacity at Mr. OP?
    Aeneas/Einherjar/No Skill
    (Iron Lotus)
    Dragon Born Rouge GS 17.6k in Profound

Not to be confused with Rogue, I truly am the red makeup women put on their cheeks.
  • Options
    koloblikolobli Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I don't think that's even the problem. The problem is people coming in with PVE stat distribution expecting to get PVP results. Stat allocation for PVP is completely different from PVE. If you slot yourself as a glass cannon then be expected to get one shot. People who think they can come into PVP with only 21k health, 500 defense and 500 deflect are just ignorant and one hitting them isn't some game breaking feat it should be expected.

When it comes to PVP (especially higher levels) it's very much about the gear and being min/maxxed.

My devoted cleric has encountered some rogues who take more damage than some GFs I've run into. On the same token I've sat and taken shots from rogues/rangers/warlocks countless times and they could hardly keep up with my HOTs.

That being said, as a cleric, I hate control wizards. :)
    You'd think my cleric's boots were made of glue the amount of time I'm rooted,stunned, or dazed from the fumes.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Too bad "1-shot" rogue specs aren't even the best spec for a rogue. Sure its funny when you 1 shot unlucky (under geared) people, but good players know how to get away or around this spec pretty well.

QFT. 1-Shot TRs perform at god-tier in undergeared and disorganized PUGs. In matches where teams are better organized, geared and experienced, they are the least dangerous of the 3 trees, IMO.
  • Options
    jrourkejrourke Member Posts: 60
    edited June 2015
    Cannot believe some people say that the classes are finely tuned and in every way balanced to perfection......
  • Options
    koloblikolobli Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    jrourke wrote: »
    Cannot believe some people say that the classes are finely tuned and in every way balanced to perfection......

Not sure anyone is saying that but there is a difference between "balanced to perfection" and "broken or unplayable". I don't believe I've ever played a game where everyone agreed universally that one class wasn't dominating other classes most of the time. The people who standout are the ones who find ways to overcome the "convenient" class if that makes sense?

Anyway best of luck! I know it's rough for us non-dpser types sometimes.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    kolobli wrote: »
    Not sure anyone is saying that but there is a difference between "balanced to perfection" and "broken or unplayable". I don't believe I've ever played a game where everyone agreed universally that one class wasn't dominating other classes most of the time. The people who standout are the ones who find ways to overcome the "convenient" class if that makes sense?

Anyway best of luck! I know it's rough for us non-dpser types sometimes.

Of course no one said that. But in idiot-land, everything is a cartoon parody: TRs are game-breakingly OP and everyone who plays them is a cheating baby. Evidence, facts, experience and responsible discussion be damned!
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    K/D ratio is what i care about in a pvp team based match K........ i play a gwf its not like cant dodge roll or teleport or slide away i dont stand in one place still get hit lash blade or shocking execution dude u play gwf ? if u so should now we have no way to defend against those attacks were sitting ducks for u to assume i care about my K/D u can have all the kills u
    want in pvp wont win u games all the time
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    terrell396 wrote: »
    K/D ratio is what i care about in a pvp team based match K........ i play a gwf its not like cant dodge roll or teleport or slide away i dont stand in one place still get hit lash blade or shocking execution dude u play gwf ? if u so should now we have no way to defend against those attacks were sitting ducks for u to assume i care about my K/D u can have all the kills u
    want in pvp wont win u games all the time

I honestly have no idea what you just said.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    sorry replyed to the wrong person XD
  • Options
    vidyanvidyan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I hope they never change the rogue. They really are not that hard to handle/kill. And it always gives me a good laugh when they are about to die and go running home to momma just to die from a ranged attack lol.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    gwf dont have no dodge we have sit there and take it we cant roll or teleport or slide away from damage were sitting ducks mean while rogues can be immune to our stuns and roll away with unlimted stamina smh