test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Solo AoE grinding?

tojoptojop Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2015 in The Library
So, I just got my artifact weapon and am not really looking forward to the massive amount of refining it will take to get it purple. I have 3 Dragon Hoard enchantments that give 2% each, and I'm happy with the amount of bonus stuff I get when doing dungeons.

My question: is there a place that makes for good solo AoE grinding? I don't want to be th guy picking up green drops during a dungeon, but it's hard to pass up those unidentified weapons when I know they're basically a Rank 4 enchantment for my artifact weapon. Any thoughts?
Post edited by tojop on

Comments

• Options
    therealshakur70therealshakur70 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    go to the Chasm and enter the spellplague caverns. make your way to the first boss, kill him but DO NOT kill the add spawn generators on the outside of the circle platform. stand in the middle and just let the adds spawn killing them without moving. the good stuff will fall at your feet and the useless items will bounce away from you. do this for a little bit and you will have a good supply of refinement items.

if you want, save these for double refinement and get more out of them. only downfall to this is that nobody knows when double refinement will be back.
  • Options
    strictlyevilstrictlyevil Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    go to the Chasm and enter the spellplague caverns. make your way to the first boss, kill him but DO NOT kill the add spawn generators on the outside of the circle platform. stand in the middle and just let the adds spawn killing them without moving. the good stuff will fall at your feet and the useless items will bounce away from you. do this for a little bit and you will have a good supply of refinement items.

if you want, save these for double refinement and get more out of them. only downfall to this is that nobody knows when double refinement will be back.

Great option right here, it's how I farm my stones. After about 2 hours of farming I can come away with about about 200 refinement stones which usually gets me really close to epic quality. I have 10% on my enchantments though so you might not get as much. Either way you can get to epic in a couple days very easily doing this. One day is enough if you don't mind the grind.
    Ancient 18.8k CW | Ancient Heals 18k DC | Ancient Tank 22.2k GF | GT: XGC Army
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    nvm. didn't check the forum section.

Yes - SP is a good place to do this.
    I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Great option right here, it's how I farm my stones. After about 2 hours of farming I can come away with about about 200 refinement stones which usually gets me really close to epic quality. I have 10% on my enchantments though so you might not get as much. Either way you can get to epic in a couple days very easily doing this. One day is enough if you don't mind the grind.

I'm at 7% on my enchantments so the OP should be very close to me and they drop like crazy, mostly peridots but those are still pretty good. I've saved up almost 700k worth of refinement points in the last week or 2.
  • Options
    tojoptojop Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Awesome info! Thanks for the help, guys :)
  • Options
    originalkrendororiginalkrendor Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    did it, sp killed first boss fight for hour got good refine items

Then, I couldn't get out of the dungeon.

How do you get out?
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    There are two ways to do it. Either you have to complete the dungeon or you have to get a friend to join the dungeon with you after which you each can leave the group manually which will kick you both out of the dungeon.

Don't know if my game was just bugging but Protectors Enclave teleport scrolls would not work in the dungeon for me.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    There are two ways to do it. Either you have to complete the dungeon or you have to get a friend to join the dungeon with you after which you each can leave the group manually which will kick you both out of the dungeon.

Don't know if my game was just bugging but Protectors Enclave teleport scrolls would not work in the dungeon for me.

you can also log off that character for about 10-15 minutes and it should reset the instance and kick you out.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    you can also log off that character for about 10-15 minutes and it should reset the instance and kick you out.

That too, just takes soooo long lol. You can just solo the dungeon in half that time.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    That too, just takes soooo long lol. You can just solo the dungeon in half that time.

it's 15 minutes max, lol

I usualy just log on other toons and deal with professions and random other things while I wait. not a big deal to me.

if you don't like the waiting time you just just farm the first spawn after you load in to the dungeon. it's a little slower but then you are free to just leave whenever you want.