test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

EDGEY’s PvE DPS Build

sinibytesinibyte Member Posts: 61 Arc User
edited June 2015 in The Thieves' Den
EDGEY'’s PvE Trickster Rogue Build for T2 AOE Dungeon Clearing

I originally posted this build as a request to find out where I went wrong, and how I can improve during a respec. Turns out after topping **** near every single scoreboard I’ve ever had the pleasure of seeing, I don’t think I need a respec, or to change the build. To be fair, I rarely, if ever swap skills out, but feel free to put points wherever you want past the core skills listed below (Duelist Flurry, Cloud of Steel, Dazing Strike, Lashing Blade, Smoke Bomb) because that’s all you’ll ever need (maybe drop extra points into PvP oriented skills (Shadow Strike, Impossible to catch, Bloodbath, Sneak Attack), so you can swap abilities for PvP). There’s enough points to spec out for both. I recognize the rogue brings very little utility to the party, so they **** well better bring the damage – so that’s my goal, damage, damage, damage.

Top every single board you can.

This is a great build for dungeon clearing and skirmishes. Most pulls are the same - a half a dozen or so light enemies, with a couple heavies. And the loadout (dazing strike, smoke bomb, lashing blade) is built just for that (2 AOE's and a heavy single target). Double stealth from Saboteur every 15 seconds makes it all gel.

GT: THOUGHTBLUDGEON
https://account.xbox.com/en-us/Profile?Gamertag=THOUGHTBLUDGEON

KKfx6du.png

Here’s the build:

Trickster Rogue Build - Master Infiltrator Saboteur

http://nwcalc.com/index.html#/x/tr?b=2xhq:zbtm9t:a3fr:45b,19i3iei:1uu0uv:100000:15u000&h=0&p=min
  • At-Wills: Duelist Flurry, Cloud of Steel
  • Encounters: Dazing Strike, Lashing Blade, Smoke Bomb
  • Class Features: First Strike, Skillful Infiltrator
  • Daily: Courage Breaker, Whirlwind of Blades
  • Gear: Artifact weapon (Duelist flurry), 4pc Swashbuckling Captain
  • Stats: +1 DEX, +1 STR every 10 levels
  • Race: hOrc, +2 Dex, +2 Str

One with the Shadows is the key to double stealth crit AOE. It gives you an out if you need to stealth and run as well.

5000+power, 2500 crit, 2500 armpen, 1500 lifesteal, 1500 recovery, then stack deflection (I’m personally overstat on some, and understat on others). I would recommend specific enchantments, but you’ll need to swap them to get the optimal stats – how you arrive at those numbers is up to you. But get a vorpal, you defiantly want a vorpal. Crits are your friend. The bigger, the better (but the core of the DPS comes from DF and SB), but who doesn't love seeing those big numbers flash across the screen? I also use soulforged - it allows for a single mistake every 90 seconds - or the ability to just stand there and take a sword to the face without dodging, allowing you to continue DPS even through an epic golem's one-shot.

A9NKxBj.png

Please note the screenshot below shows 5 points in Sneaky Stabber (Second Saboteur Paragon feat) - don't do that. Put 5 in Knifes Edge, it was a mistake early in the build, and I won't waste a respec token for 5 points.

R1InUeX.png

If you don’t have the gear above, here’s your rotation for AOE: round up enemies, whirlwind (if available), stealth, smoke bomb, step back, stealth, dazing strike, lashing blade any heavies. Rinse repeat until dead.

If you don’t have the gear above, here’s your rotation for single target: courage breaker (if available), stealth, lashing blade, dazing strike, stealth, smoke bomb. Rinse repeat until dead.

If you have the gear, use the same rotation above, but open with a single duelist flurry to get 4pc bonus to proc and get your extra 1,000 power.

Use Duelist Flurry when your encounters are down - never take your finger off the trigger - burn burn burn. If you find yourself dogding out of an AOE - Cloud of Steel to make up the downtime of not being directly on your target.

That’s really it – super simple. Positioning can make or break your DPS on AOE pulls, so get comfortable with smoke bomb range, and dazing strike cone. I’ve been putting up numbers on boards before my GS even broke 10k – it’s only gone up from there. I use regular SoT as my metric – there’s a set number of enemies, a set number of enemy hit points to burn through. If we run 5 DPS, I’ll put 2.8M+ on the meter. Less than 5 DPS: 3.2M to 5.5M regularly.

Any questions or if I missed something important, let me know, and I’ll update.

So, stop teh kicks and l2p rouge!

bdZ9lyW.png

And never forget, the real PVP takes place on the forums.
Post edited by sinibyte on

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2015
    pics or it didn't happen post.

dVTIOSy.png

IFGpsU3.png

HRifL6U.png

And hey, it even works in teh pvp (don't try this at home)

NEdvzTC.png
  • Options
    kaspa6kaspa6 Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2015
    not bad but the timer must be broke no way cn takes 7h or epic shores takes 13h
  • Options
    thezer0fluxthezer0flux Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    kaspa6 wrote: »
    not bad but the timer must be broke no way cn takes 7h or epic shores takes 13h
    Yeah, the timer is broken. It's been off since before the 1.1 patch.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Yeah, the timer is broken. It's been off since before the 1.1 patch.

Could you imagine? 7 hours in SoT?

That would go beyond dedication - that's fanaticism, might as well join the cult of the dragon.
  • Options
    iceviper220iceviper220 Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Im starting to make my 4th 60 character was gonna look at the build but the link you posted @sini doesnt work dont show no build think they need to update the website

So kind clueless this will be my first trickster just looking for a build
    Characters~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    IGN:Ryuke-GWF-lvl 43
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Im starting to make my 4th 60 character was gonna look at the build but the link you posted @sini doesnt work dont show no build think they need to update the website

So kind clueless this will be my first trickster just looking for a build

The feats you can see from the screenshots above - take the skills listed in the order that they come (use Path of the Blade until you get Smoke bomb / Use Sly Flourish until you get Duelist Flurry). Otherwise, just put points where you need to get the core skillset below. You'll have to invest in skills that you will eventually swap out and you'll use in the early game to get to the good ones for the build.
    • At-Wills: Duelist Flurry, Cloud of Steel
    • Encounters: Dazing Strike, Lashing Blade, Smoke Bomb
    • Class Features: First Strike, Skillful Infiltrator
    • Daily: Courage Breaker, Whirlwind of Blades
  • Options
    tan22tan22 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    which companion do you use?

or which ones should i start and work towards getting.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Right now, I'm using the red ioun stone. Can't die and provides full stats (not in PVP though). Makes it easy to tweak stats to obtain optimal balance. I've managed to get 6k power, 2600 crit/armpen, 2k lifesteal, 1500 recovery, 1k defense & deflect.

Prior I was using the Drow Mercenary or MEDPAC the free healer companion.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Normally I completely trounce anyone that comes into a dungeon with me (I'm typically not one for bragging, but it's rare anyone touches me on a meter). But that’s my goal – work my character as hard as I can, put out as much DPS as I possibly can. Sometimes the damage meters are comically lopsided.

DH2MlE2.png

Gearscore be damned. Some guys finally provided a challenge. 17.5k and 16.5 respectively, to my pitiful 14.2k. Gearscore is a borderline useless metric. Not completely useless as it shows how much time, effort and energy someone has put into their toon, but oftentimes a higher gearscore does not necessarily mean your character is more optimal. These guys made me work for it.

19BD6Wg.png

Just having fun with buffs and rotations. Hard to get a screenshot, but I’ve managed to push 17k power, it’s fun, it hits hard. I’ve come closer to my optimal stats after juggling gear for a few hours. Always a work in progress.

pmHHsON.png
  • Options
    grabmooregrabmoore Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    OP I don't get you. You say "Crits are all you need", yet you take the Saboteur tree. Executioner tree is made for PvE. You could get the executioner capstone and still have access to the good sabo feats.

Good build otherwise :)
    @grabmoore

Heroes of Darkness

Retired since 02/15
    My opinions are my own. Please do not judge my friends nor guild for my statements.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    grabmoore wrote: »
    OP I don't get you. You say "Crits are all you need", yet you take the Saboteur tree. Executioner tree is made for PvE. You could get the executioner capstone and still have access to the good sabo feats.

Good build otherwise :)

Not sure I said that, but yes, crits are amazing - and being able to double stealth (auto-crit) with a 20% raw damage increase on top puts me over executioner rogues every single time. I know everyone keeps saying executioner is best (and double dot bug or whatever), but I've run with executioners, they can't touch me (In PvE anyway - I concede when it comes to PvP). I think it might be time we revisit the cookie cutter executioner spec and test the waters in other paths. "That's the way we've always done things around here" is lazy and leaves a lot of room for improvement. :)
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    We should run a skirmish or two, sinibyte. For experimentation, not competition. I ran with a Sabo TR for a couple weeks (he's now a guildie) and he did a full respec into executioner based on my build because he couldn't match my damage numbers. He still kind of misses the extra-long stealth, but we're now trading time at the top of Paingiver after each run.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    We should run a skirmish or two, sinibyte. For experimentation, not competition. I ran with a Sabo TR for a couple weeks (he's now a guildie) and he did a full respec into executioner based on my build because he couldn't match my damage numbers. He still kind of misses the extra-long stealth, but we're now trading time at the top of Paingiver after each run.

Absolutely. I'm sure I can line up some solid heals - a consistent 5 man running normal shores is a good gauge. Friendly competition is a sure way to find strengths, weakness and synergies between classes. Some guildies were experimenting last night, twitch streaming a two-man pirate for fun.
  • Options
    lemonknuckleslemonknuckles Member Posts: 62
    edited June 2015
    sinibyte wrote: »
    Absolutely. I'm sure I can line up some solid heals - a consistent 5 man running normal shores is a good gauge. Friendly competition is a sure way to find strengths, weakness and synergies between classes. Some guildies were experimenting last night, twitch streaming a two-man pirate for fun.

Did you guys have a chance to do this yet? Curious as to the result!
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Unfortunately, no. I was serious about it... but I haven't had much time to play the last couple days. Sinibyte, send me a PM if you're still interested and let's set something up.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Unfortunately, no. I was serious about it... but I haven't had much time to play the last couple days. Sinibyte, send me a PM if you're still interested and let's set something up.

Add me on XBL: GT: THOUGHTBLUDGEON

Shoot me an invite tonight. Let's get a solid 5 man and send Garakas packing.
  • Options
    mordant61mordant61 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'd Also like to test this build against my own. I have been running shores with people whoe are all surprised at the dmg im doing with only having 1500 Armor pen. I dump out about 60mil in cn and about 9-12 mill ever run through shores. I wouldn't mind comparing how well we both operate and then try to find a way to maybe merge the two builds into a kinda hybrid. I sure we can find ways to improve upon one another.

My xbox live gamertag is : MetMarius

Feel free to add me and we can see about getting a party running to compare.