test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Any builds, out there?

sylnerasylnera Member Posts: 7 Arc User
edited June 2015 in The Thieves' Den
Hello,

Pretty new to the game so I am looking for builds (mostly interested in PvP, but any will do to start with) and informations about what different stats do, and such. But I just can't find any build or any explaination which is not outdated. And it looks like a lot of things have happened for TR from mod 5 to mod 6, so it looks like the outdated builds are close to useless.

Anyone knows where I could find some recent builds and informations?

Thank you.

Syl
Regards,

Sylnera
Post edited by sylnera on

Comments

• Options
    drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    There are 3 viable builds right now... with a couple more experimental ones coming up. MI/Sab, which is a cookie-cutter perma-stealth build... or the Sab build that my mentor and I use. He is a MI/Sab and I am a Wk/Sab... very different play dynamics. Then there is a MI/Exec build that is showing really good promise.

In this forum there are players with very obscure builds that to master will require lots of work and fine-tuning.

The build is based on the style of play you want to experience... who you are as a person and how much work you want to do.

TR's are not as easy as some people believe they are... especially in M6. Many of us spent a lot of time rediscovering how to play on the journey to 70.

The best build for you... is the build that you enjoy playing. My build, and play style works well for me in PvP... as do many of the experimental TR builds. So, my suggestion is this... experiment. Find out what works for you... what doesn't and go from there.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    drkbodhi wrote: »
    There are 3 viable builds right now... with a couple more experimental ones coming up. MI/Sab, which is a cookie-cutter perma-stealth build... or the Sab build that my mentor and I use. He is a MI/Sab and I am a Wk/Sab... very different play dynamics. Then there is a MI/Exec build that is showing really good promise.

In this forum there are players with very obscure builds that to master will require lots of work and fine-tuning.

The build is based on the style of play you want to experience... who you are as a person and how much work you want to do.

TR's are not as easy as some people believe they are... especially in M6. Many of us spent a lot of time rediscovering how to play on the journey to 70.

The best build for you... is the build that you enjoy playing. My build, and play style works well for me in PvP... as do many of the experimental TR builds. So, my suggestion is this... experiment. Find out what works for you... what doesn't and go from there.

What's the difference between the "MI/Sab/cookie-permacutter" and the "MI/Sab" your friend is running? Aren't they practically the same SO/CoS/LM type?
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    rustlord wrote: »
    What's the difference between the "MI/Sab/cookie-permacutter" and the "MI/Sab" your friend is running? Aren't they practically the same SO/CoS/LM type?

My mentor is not perma... he sees it as I do... an easy choice. We are not players who want easy.

He does not use CoS and neither do I. I will say this much... he used to be a MI/Scoundrel. Our builds are as identical as you can get... though he is MI and human... I am Wk and Drow. I would say that out of the 2 of us I am more range than he is... and we are really good bookends for a group.

We are contemplating running a pre-made with the 5 unconventionally built TRs in CA.

You have to really investigate your class and the build options available. If you want to play with free respecs I suggest hitting the preview server. Fiddle around with your build there... and move it to your TR.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    sylnerasylnera Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Hello,

Thank you for your answer.

Is there any place where I can see what these builds are made of? So I kind of have some starting point to experiment from?

Regards,

Syl
    Regards,

Sylnera
  • Options
    rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    My mentor is not perma... he sees it as I do... an easy choice. We are not players who want easy.

He does not use CoS and neither do I. I will say this much... he used to be a MI/Scoundrel. Our builds are as identical as you can get... though he is MI and human... I am Wk and Drow. I would say that out of the 2 of us I am more range than he is... and we are really good bookends for a group.

We are contemplating running a pre-made with the 5 unconventionally built TRs in CA.

You have to really investigate your class and the build options available. If you want to play with free respecs I suggest hitting the preview server. Fiddle around with your build there... and move it to your TR.

Thanks for satisfying my curiosity! A lot of the new players here could use the latter advice. A lot of players here now don't know me or don't remember me from the earlier modules before I left the game to pursue other less boring stuff ;P
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    sylnera wrote: »
    Is there any place where I can see what these builds are made of? So I kind of have some starting point to experiment from?

Regards,

Syl

See my last post and you will have your answers. You can transfer a copy of your TR to the preview server... and then play all you want with your build. I am currently contemplating dumping my GWF and making an experimental TR.
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    jumbohammer1jumbohammer1 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Can u show the Feats and Powers for the MI/Sab build?
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Since I do not play a MI/Sab I cannot. There is the perma build, which is posted somewhere in here... then there is the "working man's" Sab build.

Which I would share with you if I could stay in game for long enough to transcribe it.
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance