test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lostmauth set and the Oathbound Paladin: Son, I am disappoint.

jaegernljaegernl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 455 Arc User
edited June 2015 in The Citadel
Hey folks,

I scrapped together some cash today and decided to join the gravy train that is the Lostmauth set. As a Devotion healer, I'm currently sitting at a comfortable 55% crit rate without BiS gear or +crit artifacts. I'm fairly confident in my healing abilities, and I usually run Burning Light in T2's outside of boss fights for the added heal/damage/CC.

As some of you might know, Burning Light chain crits, meaning that if the first hit crits, every hit crits. Having this in mind, I opted to grab the Lostmauth set, and the combination of the chain crits of Burning Light and the extra weapon damage on crit from the Lostmauth set sounded like DPS Sexy Fun Time. But alas! Unlike with, for example, a CW under the effect of Eye of the Storm, the Lostmauth set does not proc on every crit hit of Burning Light, but only on the first one. This makes it wholly underwhelming, coming in at roughly 3-6% of my DPS, depending on whether I was running Burning Guidance with or without Prism.

So, in case any other Paladin had this in mind, I wanted to warn you in advance. This was the primary point of this thread. However, I've noticed some weird behaviour from Lostmauth set too. Often enough, the Lostmauth set would trigger when placing something like Vow of Enmity on a target. This made me scratch my head a little, as Vow has no damage component, and Aura of Courage cannot crit. Anyone have any idea on that?

To further the relevance of this post: Has any other Oathbound Paladin experimented with the Lostmauth set? Am I looking at the wrong skills to make this set worth my while? Does Binding Oath crit in an AoE and do all those hits trigger Lost set?
Isaac the Adequate - Level 70 Oath of Protection Paladin
Aurelius the Awkward - Level 70 Pathfinder Ranger
We have looked into reports of players experiencing connection problems and have been unable to identify any server, data center, or client-side issues. We believe this may be ISP related.
Post edited by jaegernl on

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2015
    Actually, a bit of an addendum:

Lostmauth set DOES proc on the second crit of Burning Light, but the log shows something like this:

Critical Hit! Lostmauth's Vengeance does 0 (0) damage to X
    We have looked into reports of players experiencing connection problems and have been unable to identify any server, data center, or client-side issues. We believe this may be ISP related.
  • Options
    alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Vow actually has an unstated damage component when applied. I haven't seen how much it is but I can throw it on a target that is about to die and it will finish it off. It can be a weak ranged attack for OP.

I'm guessing it was made as a ranged pulling mechanism, as the seal or "vow" itself without damage might not aggro but add damage to it and it'll come running.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    alkemist80 wrote: »
    Vow actually has an unstated damage component when applied. I haven't seen how much it is but I can throw it on a target that is about to die and it will finish it off. It can be a weak ranged attack for OP.

I'm guessing it was made as a ranged pulling mechanism, as the seal or "vow" itself without damage might not aggro but add damage to it and it'll come running.

Are you sure thats not just you applying Vow while Aura of Courage is active? Because I remember running Kessells without Courage active - or Courage active on another OBP that was out of range - and Vow doing nothing. It didn't even pull the mob.
  • Options
    alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    jaegernl wrote: »
    Are you sure thats not just you applying Vow while Aura of Courage is active?

Could be a possibility, didn't think of that.

Edit: Yeah, it was my derp. Just tested on preview and the damage component was from aura of courage. I always run with it so it slipped my mind.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • Options
    dominious12dominious12 Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Re: the Vow of Enmity crit situation. I've actually seen some odd behaviour like that on my CW with Shield, occasionally when I first put it up I get Critical Power and Uncertain Allegiance to proc, both of which only proc on crits, so I can only assume the shield is somehow able to crit even though the first part is non-damaging. It'd be interesting to see if any other non-damaging power like Bane would be able to proc on-crit things too, if only for curiosity's sake.