test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

epic hero earns 250k XP

majnumbthumbs1majnumbthumbs1 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
I did again, now I'm used to lame drops, but this took the cake. Never winter says hey, let's reward our level 60 with a 250k xp chest. OK ty. So I open it, OH YEAH BABY, I EARNED 250K xp I hope this one has something good in it.
Open, One peridot.
Really, one peridot.
500refinement points for 250000 xp.
Thanks
Post edited by majnumbthumbs1 on

Comments

• Options
    strictlyevilstrictlyevil Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Most games give you nothing after hitting the level cap. Also if you're playing the game and doing your dailies like most of us that 250k xp isn't a lot at all. I generally get my 250k every week or two.

I think the small drops it gives you are plenty. That prize you get for hitting 250k xp isn't supposed to be very rewarding. It's just a little gift for doing a very small task. It's not right to expect a big prize for such a small achievement.
    Ancient 18.8k CW | Ancient Heals 18k DC | Ancient Tank 22.2k GF | GT: XGC Army
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    fluffyr00fluffyr00 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Don't worry thats not the worst reward out of them. I have got 3 rank 3 enchantments numerous times. I find better enchantments on the floor
    "Patching the patch that patched the patch"
  • Options
    kestrelhawkerkestrelhawker Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Sorry no cookie for you.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Right, I get it, do the same thing five days in a row, get rewarded like you fought a hulk in spell plague. Got it. Seriously though, my rank 5 chest had more value, at least give us a couple heals and an injury kit or two. I guess my need for gratification in loo of my time in game is too high? I'm not mad, I'm just dissapointed. Let stand be honest, it's we the level 60 players that have proved our devotion and we get a lesser reward than a day one player for our continued support
  • Options
    awrex1977awrex1977 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Power points drop from them quite frequently (at least in my experience).
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    They're random drops. You're not going to get the best one possible every time. I've gotten 5k diamonds out of them quite a few times. As well as the power points which are always appreciated.

If you ask me it gives plenty since it's only rewarding you for something you were going to do anyway. It's not a reward for all your hard work it's just a reward for the sake of giving you something free for no reason.
  • Options
    fancytuna8fancytuna8 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I have gotten 3 power points, as well as the disappointing refinements. And some AD once, too. I thought there was a progression, though, not random. Is there a point where you unlock getting to put a fourth power point into your powers? I've saved my power points so far.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    You can put 4 points into abilities starting on Mod 6. This hasn't been announced for Xbox yet and wasn't included in the 2015 calendar of releases so I wouldn't hold onto them for that reason. Besides once mod 6 hits we'll all get a free respec token and you'll get all of those wonderful points back to spend all over again.
  • Options
    upinyaslayinupinyaslayin Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    You can put 4 points into abilities starting on Mod 6. This hasn't been announced for Xbox yet and wasn't included in the 2015 calendar of releases so I wouldn't hold onto them for that reason. Besides once mod 6 hits we'll all get a free respec token and you'll get all of those wonderful points back to spend all over again.

I didn't know about the free respec. thanks for the info. I've been holding onto points to spend for mod 6 lol I also didn't know it increases for 4. +1 to you sir
  • Options
    monktoastymonktoasty Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Why does everything have to be random?

And if its going to be random.why does it always have to involve useless stuff?

I prefer game devs that dont try so hard to make their game mediocre

Get people excited!

Like yay im about to get 250k, cant wait to see what cool.thing ive earned..instead of meh itll probably suck
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    I actually enjoy the prizes they give and find them adequate for what is being done. Most games don't give you anything for going past the level cap. If everything you did that had the chance of giving you some prize gave you something great there wouldn't be any excitement in it.

Getting 250k XP isn't something you had to work at much less even pay attention to. It just happens while you're playing. You didn't work towards it and it shouldn't be the reason you're playing the game. It's just a free gift for a very... VERY small achievement. The fact that it gives you power points fairly often should excite you more than enough for what you've accomplished. If they gave nothing but the power points I'd still say they're giving you plenty.

It's not like any of us get on and come up with a plan to hit that next 250k xp and that's the way it should be. By all accounts you shouldn't be getting anything at all after hitting the level cap.

Complaining about getting free stuff for doing basically nothing is like complaining about getting a $100 bill because it's got a crease in it.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Nobody gave me a hundred dollar bill, what are you talking about?
    Never winter doesn't give you money...
    Freedom isn't free my friend. But dumb, oh I'll give you freedumb all day....haha
  • Options
    telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    This hasn't been announced for Xbox yet and wasn't included in the 2015 calendar of releases so I wouldn't hold onto them for that reason.
    I feel like the "2015 calendar of releases" is something you just made up.
    Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Nobody gave me a hundred dollar bill, what are you talking about?
    Never winter doesn't give you money...
    Freedom isn't free my friend. But dumb, oh I'll give you freedumb all day....haha

That was just an analogy. Not an actual scenario. Not sure how you didn't see that.
  • Options
    seriphim7408seriphim7408 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I did again, now I'm used to lame drops, but this took the cake. Never winter says hey, let's reward our level 60 with a 250k xp chest. OK ty. So I open it, OH YEAH BABY, I EARNED 250K xp I hope this one has something good in it.
    Open, One peridot.
    Really, one peridot.
    500refinement points for 250000 xp.
    Thanks
    I've gotten at least two power points to add to either max out a power or use on a power I skipped over also.
  • Options
    highlyunstablehighlyunstable Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I have received 30k Rough AD 3 times straight for rewards, and I level about, every two weeks or so. I have also received a Black Opal and Flawless Saphire. THe last reward was (3) rank 4's and a Power point. I have "0" complaints.
  • Options
    kestrelhawkerkestrelhawker Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Ive gotten Power points nearly every time .... wish they alos gave feat or paragon points. but im not complaining .
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Ive gotten Power points nearly every time .... wish they alos gave feat or paragon points. but im not complaining .

That wouldn't work out. Being able to apply all of your feats would make you so overpowered that the game wouldn't even be considered a game anymore. If you could eventually put points into all of your feats you could just walk into an area tap one of your encounters and watch the world tremble at your feet. Overpowered would be a big understatement.