test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Someone please motivate me!

ancojoancojo Member Posts: 253 Arc User
Dont know whats happened as I love the game but was just chilling leveling up my new characters slot CW but I just started thinking why? I've done all this twice already! I'm already level 60 on 2 characters and done all of the T1 dungeons but then realised that the T2 dungeons are just the same except alot harder so all I'm doing is trying to get better gear to do the same dungeons! Ok so there CN and LoL but is that really it?

Don't get me wrong I really do like the game and don't mind grinding, I got every single materia on FF7! Also played Minecraft in survival only and built some massive things! Point being I can redo things over and over if theres a good end point but the end point for NW seems to be the challenge of T2 dungeons and then CN. Please someone give me a shake and tell me whats all of a sudden wrong with my thinking!

Is the PC version much different? What more does it offer over the XB1 version that should make me want to continue to gear up ready for the next mod update!

Thanks

P.S I'm still playing it later as I'm in the process of levelling my CW!
Post edited by ancojo on

Comments

• Options
    silktrocitysilktrocity Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    1. don't grind to hit t2.. grind to max campaigns.
    2. use other characters to purchase armor for your new guy.
    3. you can actually make money playing this game by playing the markets right.
    4. farm ad so you can do step reason 3.
    5. know that there is TONS of content coming out for this game.
    6. be prepared for said content.
    7. have fun? hopefully.
    Lady Vayo TR - Silky OP - Lord Reven DC (retired) - Lady Luck HR (retired)
  • Options
    melychathmelychath Member Posts: 45
    edited June 2015
    I can't motivate you as I feel somehwat similarly. I've enjoyed the game, but have gotten to a place where I ask myself the same question. I've considered building a CW as I've really enjoyed my SW, and would like a toon that isn't crippled in PvP, but I haven't hit a 20k GS with my Scourge yet and don't want to turn my attention elsewhere. I'm a bit of a perfectionist, so that's what's kept me motivated. How are you liking your Wizard? Do you PvP?
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    I dont PvP much even though its quite good, just wish there were more maps! I'm only level 10 on my CW though so cant say if its good or bad yet but seems ok, my free illusionist companion for linking to Arc is playing along side me (Yeah this is free wish I knew this from the start!)

I forgot about the campaigns which is a bad thing as I understand the amount of grinding needed to get to the top!

When you say tons of content, what content is that? Genuine question not sarcasm!

Thanks for replying

P.S Love the idea of the Foundry!
  • Options
    waffennachtwaffennacht Member Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2015
    Foundry, guild houses, some monster areas, new classes and more campaigns at least
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    I'm hoping ESO is as bad as some say the PC version is! I dont want a reason to wander over to another game! Maybe I'm just having one of them days!
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Eso was really bad when released, heard thats why they delayed xbox version. I wont have the money to try it. I also doubt itll have any means of getting money based currency like neverwinter.
    I love first person, a big call to me, but i love hording money which neverwinter calls to me
  • Options
    monktoastymonktoasty Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ancojo wrote: »
    Dont know whats happened as I love the game but was just chilling leveling up my new characters slot CW but I just started thinking why? I've done all this twice already! I'm already level 60 on 2 characters and done all of the T1 dungeons but then realised that the T2 dungeons are just the same except alot harder so all I'm doing is trying to get better gear to do the same dungeons! Ok so there CN and LoL but is that really it?

Don't get me wrong I really do like the game and don't mind grinding, I got every single materia on FF7! Also played Minecraft in survival only and built some massive things! Point being I can redo things over and over if theres a good end point but the end point for NW seems to be the challenge of T2 dungeons and then CN. Please someone give me a shake and tell me whats all of a sudden wrong with my thinking!

Is the PC version much different? What more does it offer over the XB1 version that should make me want to continue to gear up ready for the next mod update!

Thanks

P.S I'm still playing it later as I'm in the process of levelling my CW!

This is the problem with most modern mmos, they are shallow with very little to do, and very little reason to keep doing it.

I prefer sabd box style mmos, such as ultima online or star wars galaxies.

Sadly nearly all mmos have copied the boring everquest style, and wiw exlemplified this shallow style thus most are copies of that game.

I want housing, player cities, deep crafting classes, player economy, different looks and styles..the all rogues/wizards etc look a like is boring, I want exploration taming, deep magic system, jousting, bar fights lol, so much can be done but most just focus on combat and gear..where the gear is extremely limited and boring

But alas we are stuck with these treadmill types
  • Options
    majnumbthumbs1majnumbthumbs1 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I don't want to leave either, and I wont. You see I don't get kicked, I'm a tank who only runs with my guild. I make close to 100k ad per day with only one character. I'm concerned that the community might not bounce back if it falls apart with the new releases coming out due to the lack of content and the kick system that, let's face it, extends our in game time because solo, you have to run it five times just to make it to the end for an rng chest. I love this game, actually just bought the stone of allure last night, awesome btw.
  • Options
    monktoastymonktoasty Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    If we get any of the pc mods, its going to ruin this game like it did the pc

Menzoberanzan looks cool though, fighting with drizzt...be funny to see all the drizzt names fighting with drizzt
  • Options
    werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    monktoasty wrote: »
    This is the problem with most modern mmos, they are shallow with very little to do, and very little reason to keep doing it.

Sadly nearly all mmos have copied the boring everquest style, and wiw exlemplified this shallow style thus most are copies of that game.

I want housing, player cities, deep crafting classes, player economy, different looks and styles..the all rogues/wizards etc look a like is boring, I want exploration taming, deep magic system, jousting, bar fights lol, so much can be done but most just focus on combat and gear..where the gear is extremely limited and boring

From what I've seen ESO is sandbox (Yay!) it had better live up to Elder scrolls standards

The character I've been working on for the last two months now is unplayable due to a character breaking bug so unless they fix that bug before the 9th I'll be finding out if ESO is as good as i hope it is.

Also ESO gets an automatic +100 for having a justice system (according to the dev notes it will eventually have PvP incorporated into it) so there's actually a penalty for stealing and murdering d(^.^)b
    21.jpg
  • Options
    theungodlytheungodly Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I read somewhere that they will release five expansions for the xbox this year, which is nice, but considering how this company seems to be totally deaf to logical changes/improvements and that not much has happened the last two months when it comes to the terrible framedrops, lag, freezing, dc, and so on, i don't have high hopes for improvement. This seems to apply to the PC side also, so why should anything change for us?

I keep b*tching about this but, for example; how can the devs actually play this game themselves and watch the awful loot pop-ups and say "Well this looks awesome! It covers the whole screen in the exact worse moments and disrupts the gameplay totally! Who designed this? Was it you, John? You get an extra lollipop this friday 'cause this was great logical design really! Let's never change that!!!1"

I've already pre ordered ESO, so i'll see if i stick around. It already feels like people are deserting this game.
    HR - "The Ungodly"
    DC - "The Unholy"
    Guild: Ruthless
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Seems like the devs read my post :p! Rise of Tiamat is incoming along with some changes we have all be wanting including den den derrrrrrr a vote to kick resolution! No details on what yet but all supposed to be out tomorrow!
  • Options
    lvlkarmalvllvlkarmalvl Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ancojo wrote: »
    ...No details on what yet but all supposed to be out tomorrow!

Whoooooooaaaaa there, just so as you don't get too excited I'm pretty sure everything in the News post will be spread out over the month. The only thing it looked like was confirmed for tomorrow was a new event, Seige of Neverwinter. They merely indicated Rise of Tiamat is coming out later in June, and a blog that will go further into details about fixes being worked on such as the VTK.

Please don't expect all of those things tomorrow.

Sorry to crush any dreams out there. #voiceofreason
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Oh sorry must of read it wrong! Still good to see some new things coming now but I feel if they haven't sorted some of the problems correctly many will complain and ask why add new things before fixing current! Fingers crossed they do a good job on the fixes first.

Also got my mojo back a bit for the game today, yesterday must have just been an off day and ESO looks pants in the videos I was watching! Lots of peeps gonna be upset if its as bad as the PC version is made out to be!
  • Options
    therealshakur70therealshakur70 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    you won't get any motivation from me, i'm bored as hell and find myself spending most of my time standing in the enclave afk.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    I keep,learning ways to improve. You can makeur char better with active companion bonuses and some,can be very expensive. Champ,of north and dragon pack are expensive (this matters to me as i attempt to purchase without spending money) refining enchants, trying to earn drops, crafting, being a merchant on trade house.
    Im stilling working on campaign and maxing out artifacts. Hording gold and other sparkly treasures is always keen to me.
    Once i improve i then pvp for some extra butt kicking. There are subtle ways to improve and keep busy. Buying itemsfor things to be released...
    Only problem is xbox keeps releasing stuff i wanna play too lol witcher, eso and neverwinter all fight for my attention, eso calls me hard as first person view is like my bread and butter, not once did i go into 3rd person in skyrim. However i really doubt eso will offer a way to earn money currency like neverwinter
  • Options
    seriphim7408seriphim7408 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Exactly what I am talking about.
  • Options
    seriphim7408seriphim7408 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    monktoasty wrote: »

You took the words out of my mouth. That's what I want. A world where you can get lost in. Cities were you don't have to leave and still have quests and level up. A crafting system that players would only want to do and hire other players to guard them as they travel from city to city from players who just want to be bandits. If I had the knowledge and equipment I swear I would make that game myself.