test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What abilities / feats are bugged right now?

shazza53shazza53 Member Posts: 147 Arc User
edited June 2015 in The Wilds
I am confused, having read a lot about Rangers this past week. I've seen mention of some bugged abilities or feats, and I am not sure which apply to XBox, and how to tell if there is a problem.

Thank you for your patience ...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    swiftness of the fox will get permanently bugged (ranged powers will not cooldown properly) if you equip/use melee buff powers (hawk eye, oak skin, stag heart)
    21.jpg
  • birdisthemanbirdistheman Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Also, (not a bug per say but still a need to know)
    If running a stance switch build, encounters timers will get bugged out and be way behind the actual CD for the encounter.
    Thus, you can't rely on the timer itself (usually only happens when switching to melee for me)
    Just have to do it to see if it'd ready, if not use a at will or two or daily, then try again.

There's nothing that creates this on our end, I've tried all variations of enoucnters and Its just due to latency in game and the speed at which we use encounters.
  • shazza53shazza53 Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Thanks for the input. I knew about the cool down perhaps being faster than it showed. I have heard about the problem with swiftness of the fox - I have equipped oak skin previously. But, it seems to be working ok.

I am not sure about aspect of the serpent, as I am not sure how to tell if it is stacking, and I never see anything on screen about it (I am used to playing a DC where our divinity stacks show as little ticks on a bar to the left of the center of the screen).
    edited June 2015
    shazza53 wrote: »
    Thanks for the input. I knew about the cool down perhaps being faster than it showed. I have heard about the problem with swiftness of the fox - I have equipped oak skin previously. But, it seems to be working ok.

I am not sure about aspect of the serpent, as I am not sure how to tell if it is stacking, and I never see anything on screen about it (I am used to playing a DC where our divinity stacks show as little ticks on a bar to the left of the center of the screen).

Here is a video of what happens when swiftness of the fox gets bugged

[url]Http://1DRV.ms/1KNMWGS[/url]

Aspect of the serpent is a buff so it shows up under your character portrait (a bow for the ranged buff two crossed swords for the melee buff)
    21.jpg
  • shazza53shazza53 Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Face palming here. I kept searching all day yesterday for some indication of Aspect of the Serpent working, and did look at the buff bar under the character's portrait - saw nothing. Then ... I realized I should double check my selected Powers. Yep - I didn't have Aspect of the Serpent selected :(.

Good news is, it seems to work fine once I woke from my Lair of the Pirate King stupor ( too many runs to count).
  • robertdiazrobertdiaz Member Posts: 43
    edited June 2015
    Here is a video of what happens when swiftness of the fox gets bugged

[url]Http://1DRV.ms/1KNMWGS[/url]

Hmm one strange thing I noticed in the video is that you have a persistent campfire buff to the left of your Deft Strikes buff. For a good portion of the video you can see it shows you have 2 campfire buffs (that persistent one + the normal one to the right on the buff list).

That indicates an injury right? I wish I could see your gear / boons since there might be other variables out there causing that bug. Personally I can imagine a damaged Royal Guard set causing something like that since it interacts with the CDs. How are you so sure those powers caused it? Just curious
    Britney Spears Hunter Ranger

twitch.tv/xx_alucard
    edited June 2015
    robertdiaz wrote: »
    Hmm one strange thing I noticed in the video is that you have a persistent campfire buff to the left of your Deft Strikes buff. For a good portion of the video you can see it shows you have 2 campfire buffs (that persistent one + the normal one to the right on the buff list).

That indicates an injury right? I wish I could see your gear / boons since there might be other variables out there causing that bug. Personally I can imagine a damaged Royal Guard set causing something like that since it interacts with the CDs. How are you so sure those powers caused it? Just curious

The double campfire buff is always active in the enclave It does not indicate injury, Injuty is indicated by yellow, orange, or red areas on a small picture of a person. the entire enclave acts as a campfire without the ability to envoke. Yes one of them is the actual +1 to all stats but the other is just saying your standing at a campfire.

I have no 4 piece set bonus, boons are just boosts to regular stats.

I am sure that those powers caused it because I was playing with friends and we were running normal dread vault for the daily AD, we were all messing around with alternate power setups because we clear it so easily it seemed like a good time to test some stuff out. CD's were working properly, I switched powers at yshiggol, CD's stopped working properly, that is the only thing that changed there is no other variable between it working and not working.
    21.jpg
  • robertdiazrobertdiaz Member Posts: 43
    edited June 2015
    Oh I thought that was for mending wounds. That bug is pretty crazy, it's weird that your melee encounters are still getting the cd reduction especially with how you've tried respeccing feats & all that. I'm surprised the cd reduction isn't broken entirely.
    Britney Spears Hunter Ranger

twitch.tv/xx_alucard
  • ledzepp69ledzepp69 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    i dont know man i think its working find i just dont think you have enuf regen to go with the swiftness of the fox not to mention like the other guy said the power could be ready to use but it doesnt show on the encounter screen, i use mine just fine and ive had the oak skin on before and nothing happend to my character i am constantly having to use my encounters while they are blacked out sometimes with a 2 or 3 second number on them but they still work cuz they are ready. cuz its blacked out doesnt mean its not ready that is a problem but if u get your rotation down u shouldnt need the encounter power screen ne how it should flow with no problem get some bonus to your regen and see if that helps my % is 12.5 sounds like yours is around 6.4 ish because i was having a similar issue when mine lower

please dont take this post the wrong way not saying it might not be broken just trying to help out not at all trying to be mean or act like i know it all.... just mess with your regen bonus % see if that helps if not then maybe they need to address your issue.. good luck man
    edited June 2015
    ledzepp69 wrote: »
    i dont know man i think its working find i just dont think you have enuf regen to go with the swiftness of the fox not to mention like the other guy said the power could be ready to use but it doesnt show on the encounter screen, i use mine just fine and ive had the oak skin on before and nothing happend to my character i am constantly having to use my encounters while they are blacked out sometimes with a 2 or 3 second number on them but they still work cuz they are ready. cuz its blacked out doesnt mean its not ready that is a problem but if u get your rotation down u shouldnt need the encounter power screen ne how it should flow with no problem get some bonus to your regen and see if that helps my % is 12.5 sounds like yours is around 6.4 ish because i was having a similar issue when mine lower

please dont take this post the wrong way not saying it might not be broken just trying to help out not at all trying to be mean or act like i know it all.... just mess with your regen bonus % see if that helps if not then maybe they need to address your issue.. good luck man

I have 0 regen... However if you mean recovery its at 11.5 (wich was perfectly fine before my character got bugged)

watch the video again the bug is proven in the first 20 seconds when i shoot off constricting shot which has a 16 second CD, switch to melee fire off all my encounters, and upon switching back it still has 13 (actual, not lag behind) seconds left on its cooldown instead of only the 3-4 it should.

I'm not worried about my melee encounters they are fine, but look at the RANGED cooldowns you will see they are not reduced at all by using melee encounters (should be redcuced by about 9 seconds) No amount of recovery will make that feat work any better when it's not effecting my ranged abilities at all.
    21.jpg
  • ledzepp69ledzepp69 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I have 0 regen... However if you mean recovery its at 11.5 (wich was perfectly fine before my character got bugged)

watch the video again the bug is proven in the first 20 seconds when i shoot off constricting shot which has a 16 second CD, switch to melee fire off all my encounters, and upon switching back it still has 13 (actual, not lag behind) seconds left on its cooldown instead of only the 3-4 it should.

I'm not worried about my melee encounters they are fine, but look at the RANGED cooldowns you will see they are not reduced at all by using melee encounters (should be redcuced by about 9 seconds) No amount of recovery will make that feat work any better when it's not effecting my ranged abilities at all.

thats a bummer dude hopefully they get it fixed and yes i did mean recovery i was replying at 3am or so so i was a lil sleepy but im sorry to hear that man hr's are such a fun class to play its a shame yours is buggin out :\ hopefully they will fix it
  • wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Can someone tell me if Oak Skin is bugged please, according to the power it should buff defences. But when I use it the defence stat does not rise at all.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • mylyf2mylyf2 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    All,

I have just started noticing this issue as well...

even with the switch lag, I still find myself waiting for CD's after switching from melee to ranged..

I will check my regen as i have started to switch out gear but i would hope that will not be that great a factor as i sually have
    to wait 2+ seconds after switching from melee to ranged attacks..