test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Breyer's Draconic Investigations

greatg1gintheskygreatg1ginthesky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Soooo... I've ran Epic Shores about 6,000,001 times now (a rough guess), and I haven't seen it drop once. Not once, for me or anyone else. I couldn't even tell you if it drops from mobs, the boss, or if it comes in the chest at the end.

I can handle having to grind for an item, (Keep in mind, I did the grind for the dragon gems, dragon bones and Haarl's Treatise on Dragonkind) but this is just ridiculous. And I have to get 3 of them? hmm

I'm actually starting to wonder if the drop rate is just broken.
Post edited by greatg1ginthesky on

Comments

• Options
    zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Soooo... I've ran Epic Shores about 6,000,001 times now (a rough guess), and I haven't seen it drop once. Not once, for me or anyone else. I couldn't even tell you if it drops from mobs, the boss, or if it comes in the chest at the end.

And you never will see one drop there. It only drops on LOL or eLOL.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    zephyriah wrote: »
    And you never will see one drop there. It only drops on LOL or eLOL.

Description on the item itself reads:
    "Breyers Draconic Investigations can be obtained by completing the Epic Skirmish on Tuern"

That tells me it drops in the Epic Shores of Tuern like i said.
    So, who's right.. you? If it turns out the description is wrong, i'm gonna be pretty p****d!
  • Options
    waffennachtwaffennacht Member Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2015
    On wiki it says Lol
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Just googled it, and on WIKI it does say LoL. Yet if you go to your campaign window, and hover over the item (the only one I need) for the last Boon, it says Epic Shores, hence the reason I've been running it like crazy.

Can a mod or someone who has actually had the drop confirm please? If it turns out to be Lol, can you please return several million hours of my life back to me?
    Cheers!
  • Options
    therealshakur70therealshakur70 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    why not look on the AH and when you find one, write down the name of the seller and message/email them and ask where they got it.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    why not look on the AH and when you find one, write down the name of the seller and message/email them and ask where they got it.

Because I figured reading the description of the actual item would suffice. Obviously that wasn't the case. Your suggestion is a slightly long winded way of going about things when I can just ask in the forums, wouldn't you agree?
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    have you got an answer yet ? ya didn't think so.

while it probably isn't normally the fastest solution, it might just be worth it to send a mail or two seeing as your original plan doesn't seem to be going as intended.
  • Options
    waffennachtwaffennacht Member Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2015
    I would say the first response sounded likehe has personal experience.

Dude if you can it that many times and haven't got it, dont see anyone else getting it, the wiki says LoL, its probably LoL and you found a bug.
    The reason why u are getting such a low response is im guessing very few people on xbox and on forums actually have got that far? I know i haven't
  • Options
    brandonv516brandonv516 Member Posts: 89
    edited June 2015
    It also says that you can get Glimmering Dragon Marks (or something similar) from either Shores or LoL and I've never heard of anyone getting them. And you can also get Inferal gear from Shores, but I'm not sure what that is either because all I keep getting is Infernal gear! ;)

Point is player advice is often more reliable.
  • Options
    shatodshatod Member Posts: 56
    edited June 2015

Dude if you can it that many times and haven't got it, dont see anyone else getting it, the wiki says LoL, its probably LoL and you found a bug.
    The reason why u are getting such a low response is im guessing very few people on xbox and on forums actually have got that far? I know i haven't

They change it the the epic shore I guess when they temp took LOL offline....since LOL is back, I guess it is back there but they never change the description back...
  • Options
    edited June 2015

just because he hasn't gotten it from shores doesn't mean it doesn't drop. I have done a million dungeons and have never seen an artifact drop. so I should assume they don't drop I guess.
  • Options
    edited June 2015

Point is player advice is often more reliable.

I'm asking player advice, that is why I posted in the forum my friend.
  • Options
    edited June 2015

Yeah, it's looking that way :( I'd just rather get a 100% confirmation before I now switch to running LoL, I've already wasted enough time if it turns out the description is wrong.
  • Options
    namebrandnamebrand Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    just because he hasn't gotten it from shores doesn't mean it doesn't drop. I have done a million dungeons and have never seen an artifact drop. so I should assume they don't drop I guess.

I personally got a green Lantern of Revelation in my reward chest for the level 55ish skirmish. Granted, its not a dungeon but its close-ish lol.
  • Options
    chromedfishchromedfish Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    http://xboxclips.com/Chromed+fish/c15188fb-30dd-430f-bc15-d313eb0de6b2

Artifacts do drop but its really rare. I got the green catalogue from lvl 24 cragmire crypt i recorded it because it shocked me lol
    15k Healock
    13k Virtuos Cleric
    13k Destroyed Gwf
    12k SS Control Wizard
  • Options
    enigma69gamesenigma69games Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I had it drop from Epic Shores today. I've run it 40+ times & the 1 time it dropped was from the boss. Now I wonder if I should be running LoL instead...