test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

swiftness of the fox (hunter feat) not working properly

werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2015 in Bug Reports (Xbox One)
Swiftness of the Fox hunter feat not working properly after using certain abilities
(ranged encounters still cooldown melee powers but melee encounters no longer cool down ranged powers)

Permanent Character Affecting Bug:
Character currently unplayable.

switched abilities to
commanding shot/stag heart,
hawk shot/hawkeye,
binding arrow/oak skin

used a full rotation several times. melee buffs do not reduce ranged encounter cooldowns.

after changing them back
fox cunning/fox shift,
constricting arrow/steel breeze,
hindering shot/hindering strike

powers that normally reduce ranged CD times no longer do.

-problem refreshes after switching zones, logging out, changing characters
-going down in combat temporarily fixes the problem
-any death (falling off a cliff etc.) also temporarily fixes the problem
-full respec also only temporarily fixes the problem... I feel i am owed a 500 zen refund.
21.jpg
Post edited by werealchemist on

Comments

• trappy1026trappy1026 Member Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    Sucks that it doesn't always work as intended, but it's never caused an issue for me. If they fixed it HR would be even more OP :)
  • wanderingkyngwanderingkyng Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Watching this video will fix the problem with Swiftness of the Fox:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jofNR_WkoCE
  • werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    trappy1026 wrote: »
    Sucks that it doesn't always work as intended, but it's never caused an issue for me. If they fixed it HR would be even more OP :)

You may not understand, its not that it doesn't always work as intended, it's that it only works as intended after a death. you have obviously not had this problem because if you had it would always be happening this is not a problem that is just occasionaly happening it is a PERMANENTLY character breaking bug.
    21.jpg
  • iowastatecycloneiowastatecyclone Member Posts: 18
    edited May 2015
    I agree... once i incremented the swiftness of the fox feat the first time, all the cooldowns on my encounter powers are messed up... Not cool as it makes battle a huge frustration as my powers are not recharging properly!!
    edited June 2015
    basically they've got til june 9th to at least acknowledge that the character I've been working on since this game came out is not even playable right now. There are other games to play, I'm not going to waste my time on this anymore.
    21.jpg
  • waffennachtwaffennacht Member Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2015
    This thread worries me, i really hope my hr is not gonna be all screwy when i get to play
    edited June 2015
    This thread worries me, i really hope my hr is not gonna be all screwy when i get to play

I had no problems with this character until i decided to paly around with a group of friends and see if a ranged/buff trapper was even remotley viable to increase party surviveability (via oak skin and stag heart)

as far as i can tell melee buff abilities are what can break this feat, just don't equip them and you should be fine (as far as i can tell)
    21.jpg
    edited June 2015
    Proof that this feat is broken (for me)

[url]Http://1DRV.ms/1KNMWGS[/url]
    21.jpg
  • ledzepp69ledzepp69 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Proof that this feat is broken (for me)

[url]Http://1DRV.ms/1KNMWGS[/url]

whats your regen... what gear are you wearing and try shooting another hindering shot that should rebuff your other encounters, your video looks like your not using your rotation right from 22 seconds in your video to 38 it looks like its working properly and then you forget to hit the hindering arrow again thats the only encounter available by hitting it it should cool down your melee attacks... atleast thats what i knowticed with my ranger, i have a 12.5 regen i dont know what yours is but if ur unhappy with ur cool downs get the royal guard full set i dont think this is a bug though....
    edited June 2015
    ledzepp69 wrote: »
    whats your regen... what gear are you wearing and try shooting another hindering shot that should rebuff your other encounters, your video looks like your not using your rotation right from 22 seconds in your video to 38 it looks like its working properly and then you forget to hit the hindering arrow again thats the only encounter available by hitting it it should cool down your melee attacks... atleast thats what i knowticed with my ranger, i have a 12.5 regen i dont know what yours is but if ur unhappy with ur cool downs get the royal guard full set i dont think this is a bug though....

First off I have 0 regen...However if you're talking about recovery I have 11.5 recharge speed increase. which is almost exactly where I would normally need it to be.

Secondly if you would take a second to read the initial post my melee cooldowns are fine the ranged ones are not cooling properly, hitting hindering shot would do exactly nothing to affect my ranged cooldowns.

The bug is shown in the first 20 seconds when i switch back to ranged stance and constricting shot still has 13 seconds left on its CD instead if the 3-4 it should.

Each MELEE encounter should take about 3 seconds off the cooldown of my RANGED attacks which they do not.

I know how it worked before the bug and i know how it doesn't work after the bug i know how my guy is SUPPOSED to play. It's not like i just magicly hit lvl60.
    21.jpg
  • monstah#4810 monstah Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Anyone found a fix to this? I have not gotten a response from arcganes regarding this issue. I spent 15 USD respec'ing to see if it would fix the issue. Help?
  • monstah#4810 monstah Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    My Hunter Ranger is trapper and after equipping stormstep action my cooldowns went to s***. Respec'ed (x3) and still no cooldown reduction. Toby@Big Ditches on Xbox One.
  • wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    I have been playing HR for over a year and I have never noticed this problem before, in fact I use/used Oak Skin 80-90% of that time and I never had any problems with cooldowns. Weird.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • llegion7llegion7 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Just broke on mine tonight. No one heard of a fix yet? Wasn't even messing with skills. Did Icewind dailies, joined a guild, went to stronghold and noticed while fighting stuff there it wasn't working.

I also have always used oak skin.
  • wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    Same, for some reason I have lots of cool-down times where they were not there before. Melee does not seem to cool down ranged like it used to.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe