test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Shores/Lostmauth/Artifact Mainhand

twitchx85twitchx85 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
Hello Everybody,

Some questions. I have searched the forums and google and cant find the answer i am looking for. For my Trickster Rogue i am at just shy of 12K gearscore. I am about to have the items to unlock either Shores of Tuern, Lair of Lostmauth, or my artifact main hand. What do you advise first? Since i havent unlocked them i cant see what the skirmish or dungeon drops and when looking on the neverwinter Wiki it lists Shores of tuern as the only place that drops Draconic gear in the epic version and the normal has jewelry that has a set bonus.

I have been having horrible luck to get any tier 2 pieces to drop. What do you advise as my next step?

1) Unlock Shores- farm jewelry, then unlock main hand artifact weapon

2) Artifact main hand before shores or lostmauth

3) Lostmauth

I would like to get to 13K the quickest to do the epic versions, just not sure which way is the best?
Post edited by twitchx85 on

Comments

• Options
    mamosetmamoset Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    twitchx85 wrote: »
    Hello Everybody,

Some questions. I have searched the forums and google and cant find the answer i am looking for. For my Trickster Rogue i am at just shy of 12K gearscore. I am about to have the items to unlock either Shores of Tuern, Lair of Lostmauth, or my artifact main hand. What do you advise first? Since i havent unlocked them i cant see what the skirmish or dungeon drops and when looking on the neverwinter Wiki it lists Shores of tuern as the only place that drops Draconic gear in the epic version and the normal has jewelry that has a set bonus.

I have been having horrible luck to get any tier 2 pieces to drop. What do you advise as my next step?

1) Unlock Shores- farm jewelry, then unlock main hand artifact weapon

2) Artifact main hand before shores or lostmauth

3) Lostmauth

I would like to get to 13K the quickest to do the epic versions, just not sure which way is the best?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBXET4COfEY watch the first 10-20mins of that video, he explains on how to get your Artifact main hand, you dont just simply unlock it because you need to run Shores to be able to obtain one of the Dragon Gem's to unlock the Artifact chest. First you need a certain key which requires you to wait 20 hours before its ready, or you could simply purchase 5 of them from the Zen store, you should only require 3 keys MAX before you get the Artifact main hand you want, unless your lucky enough to get the wep you need first time around then of course you will only need 1.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Thanks @mamoset didn't think of trying youtube, i appreciate it.
  • Options
    majnumbthumbs1majnumbthumbs1 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Main hand, think about it like this, do main hand, garrantee a main hand that u can upgrade while you farm for random drops, random being the important word. So here is your match up.
    Guaranteed main hand VS random drop.
    My money goes to the guaranteed.
  • Options
    strictlyevilstrictlyevil Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    mamoset wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBXET4COfEY watch the first 10-20mins of that video, he explains on how to get your Artifact main hand, you dont just simply unlock it because you need to run Shores to be able to obtain one of the Dragon Gem's to unlock the Artifact chest. First you need a certain key which requires you to wait 20 hours before its ready, or you could simply purchase 5 of them from the Zen store, you should only require 3 keys MAX before you get the Artifact main hand you want, unless your lucky enough to get the wep you need first time around then of course you will only need 1.

This isn't completely true.

The key opens a chest at the end of Shores or Lostmauth that only has a chance (a low one at that) to give you the gem required to open the artifact chest which will give you your artifact main hand. You don't actually need a key at all to acquire the weapon. You can simply purchase the dragon bone and gem and the dragon forged steel and then attempt to open the chest. It will however take 20 hours each time you attempt to open the chest.

Each time you open the chest you will get one of 6 random artifact weapons and a shard of dragon forged steel. In the event that you do not get the weapon you were looking for you can salvage it for 1 more shard of dragon forged steel.

This means that you only need to open a maximum of 3 chests before acquiring 6 shards of dragon forged steel allowing you to purchase the one you want from the campaign trader across from Harper Boward.

So basically what we can come up with is that if you have extra AD laying around and buying up to 3 of each dragon forged steel, dragon bone and dragon gem isn't very costly to you then you might as well get your artifact weapon first so that you can go ahead and be refining it while you farm Shores/Lostmauth.

Otherwise you'll need to unlock Shores/Lostmauth so you can farm for your materials as you must have them and there isn't any other way to acquire them outside of the skirmish/dungeon aside from buying them from other players.

As for whether you want to unlock Shores or Lostmauth first. I prefer Lostmauth but that's only because I have a group that can farm it easily. Otherwise I'd say go with Shores. It's quick and easy and has a chance to drop the book you'll need to unlock boon #4. Either way I wouldn't worry about it too much. At most it only takes 5 days to unlock one after the other and that's assuming you had used up every single campaign material unlocking the first one.
    Ancient 18.8k CW | Ancient Heals 18k DC | Ancient Tank 22.2k GF | GT: XGC Army
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    sinibytesinibyte Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Unlock shores. Farm Dragon gems (and other goodies). Complete the skirmish daily for extra AD. Save every drop. Then Unlock artifact (it may take 3 tries). While you are waiting a potential 3 days for your artifact, you can run shores. After you get your artifact, unlock lostmauth (It will take a few days to farm the unlock materials anyway).

So...

1. Shores (Day 1)
    2. Artifact (Day 2 (maybe day 3 & 4))
    3. Lostmauth
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    @majnumbthumbs1 good point, i can buy the Dragon gem and bone of AH for diamonds (not too expensive) and it wont take more than another week to unlock shores after i get the main hand.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    @sinibyte and @strictlyevil THanks! i appreciate the feed back it looks like everybody has a little bit different approach.

Does the artifact mainhand increase gearscore that much for example leveling it to blue? i think i have enough mats to get it to blue on day 1
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    You'll want to get it to blue ASAP if you plan on using it right out of the gate as the weapon enchantment slot will be locked until then. I personally advise keeping it in your inventory or in the bank and using the draconic set that drops from the skirmish/dungeon at least until you get the Artifact weapon to epic.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    @strictlyevil awesome thanks for the tips!
  • Options
    mamosetmamoset Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    What strictly and sini said, i wasnt aware you could buy them on the AH, to be honest ive not looked hah but that YouTube vid shows you the grind out way, shows you him lvl'ing it straight to rare within a couple of mins too. Like strictly said, best to wait until at least Rare so you unlcok your wep enchant slot.
  • Options
    ponyforeverponyforever Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I wouldn't call Shores "easy". Not with the GS the OP described. Be prepared to see your health drop faster than you expect. These Cult people are not made of the same stuff as the others, LOL. The assassin drakes poison does ridiculous damage. The final boss has a knife throw move that can one shot you. He'll either do it after he stands up or after he hits the ground, you'll have to watch him and see which rotation he's doing. Dodge when he does the move, in case he's aiming at you. He turns pretty fast so it's hard to tell, I've found this is the best way to avoid it.

You can queue up for the epic version at 13K, but that doesn't mean people will let you stay. Be prepared to get kicked by people who glance at your GS instead of your stats (I have an Ioun Stone) and figure you died because of that (they died too but I'm sure that was because of my GS).

Also, watch for people kicking in the epic version when they're in a guild, just like T2 dungeons.

I run the regular version now, because only one of my guildies has gotten that far in the campaign and it's not worth the hassle alone. Some good stuff drops from the regular version too, FYI, so it's worth farming while you get your GS up :)
  • Options
    silktrocitysilktrocity Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Its not even a question. Shores is a must to unlock first if you want to maximize profits. I'd unlock Lostmauth second, the artifact weapon will take A LOT of resources.. especially since you won't get what you want the first time.. you'll need 3 dragon gems, 3 dragon bones, and 60k ad. (all in all about 210k ad) and that's not even including the sigils you need from campaign.

You will have really good and profitable drop from shores. Its quick and easy to run, and you have a good chance at getting the best ring/necklace set currently. (not available in epic version)
    Lady Vayo TR - Silky OP - Lord Reven DC (retired) - Lady Luck HR (retired)
  • Options
    majnumbthumbs1majnumbthumbs1 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    sinibyte wrote: »
    Unlock shores. Farm Dragon gems (and other goodies). Complete the skirmish daily for extra AD. Save every drop. Then Unlock artifact (it may take 3 tries). While you are waiting a potential 3 days for your artifact, you can run shores. After you get your artifact, unlock lostmauth (It will take a few days to farm the unlock materials anyway).

So...

1. Shores (Day 1)
    2. Artifact (Day 2 (maybe day 3 & 4))
    3. Lostmauth
    Ty for this, I was set on weapon first. I think in two days when I am at that fork in the ladder I'm going in this exact order.
  • Options
    waffennachtwaffennacht Member Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2015
    Can u get an artifact belt from a dragon before unlocking artifacts in campaign?
    I have 3 dragon bone and one steel, should i try and buy 3 gems and two more steel before i unlock the artifact campaign to try and avoid the grind fest for the gems?
    Im kind of regretting doing dragon horde enchantment campaign this morning
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Can u get an artifact belt from a dragon before unlocking artifacts in campaign?
    I have 3 dragon bone and one steel, should i try and buy 3 gems and two more steel before i unlock the artifact campaign to try and avoid the grind fest for the gems?
    Im kind of regretting doing dragon horde enchantment campaign this morning

You definitely do not want to buy those items all at once. If you do plan on buying them, you should only buy enough to open one chest at a time and wait until the results are in from that chest before buying another set of materials. The reason for this is because the weapon it gives you is a random one out of 6. It could very well give you the exact one that you wanted on the first try and then you'll have to resell the materials you bought taking a 10% from AH posting. You'd just lose AD needlessly.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    @strictly evil, @waffennacht, yea thats exactly what i am doing now after our convo's i unlocked Shores, running it when i can. I have my first artfiact quest running, if i dont get the one that i want i will buy another gem bone and steel to try again.
  • Options
    silktrocitysilktrocity Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    1,3,2 in that order. the artifact mainhand won't boost your GS as much as other items you can already get off the auction house... You using gemmed pants and shirt yet? how about fortification kits? how about another decent companion? You will waste more resources in the long run if you don't give yourself enough time to try and farm shores and lost mauth for their potentially valuable items. Why buy a dragon bone or gem when you can farm one?? Hell I've already sold like 17 of them.
    Lady Vayo TR - Silky OP - Lord Reven DC (retired) - Lady Luck HR (retired)