test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

why do i have to be "3k++" to run a t1 dungeon?

rebellionstuffrebellionstuff Member Posts: 237 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2015 in PvE Discussion
ive been pretty unsuccessful with my cw trying to get into dungeons. everyone wants "3k++" to run even as little as t1's how many i supposed to raise my ilvl when i cant run t2's? i have 2.5 currently and do very decent dps yet no one wants me
Post edited by rebellionstuff on

Comments

• Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Elitists want a quick run so your 2.5iL doesn't strike them as high enough to achieve those goals. They typically want to be the first ones to sell stuff on the AH, run around PE in Orange gear and create an epeen atmosphere. I don't let them bother me and neither should you.

Two things you can do to remedy that:

1. Join NW_Legit_Channel. People in there are there to have fun and help others.
    2. Join an easy going guild that will help you gear up. Hit me up in-game or send me an in-game email and I can invite you to our Guild - Greycloaks. My handle is @silence1x (make sure to tell me your character name, not just your handle). Our founder (KVET on these forums) has three rules that work well:

1: Play however you want.
    2: Don't be a jerk
    3: When Rule #1 and Rule #2 conflict, see Rule #2.

Sad to say but a lot of people just want to rush to get the BiS gear, weapons, etc and don't stop to enjoy the journey. That's why you are having a hard time.

Enjoy the day - it will never be here again.
    I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Send a message to anyone in CA... one anyone hits 70, we take everyone through t1s and t2s.

If they are in the guild they are asked to join us. We have even dragged an inexperienced, under-geared OP tank... who does not like to run dungeons through eCC. Yes we all died 40+ times... but he got his gear and a great experience. We love runs like that because we can laugh at the situation and ourselves.

We learn new strategies when things are not optimum for a win... we adapt and overcome failures... instead of blaming others.

That will not be me, as I am off and on right now, but send me a pm and I will help you out as much as possible. Atwil@drkbodhi is my main...
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    nallifnallif Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    You can also start your own group and invite whomever you like.
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Just avoid /lfg. It's awful. Random Pug Ques are better.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    query523 wrote: »
    Just avoid /lfg. It's awful. Random Pug Ques are better.

i dont believe that... and I hate lfg. Random pug queues are full of people who do not speak english (fine, but its the most standard mmo language, so if you cant.. its hard, nothing against them otherwise) and have no clue on rotations, companions,feats or powers to be used.

Legit is still running some stuff, but its more quite lately, IWD farming is what everyone is doing and probably that is all many of us will be doing for quite awhile.
  • Options
    arakk00arakk00 Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Quick answer: They're bad players and need to be carried.

To elaborate, it's perfectly possible to complete a run with no wipes once everyone is a bit past the 2k ilvl threshold (as long as you have a healer and a tank). It's also possible to do any t1 with a party of players clad in standard blue gear (no green). HOWEVER, the problem comes down to PARTY COMPOSITION and SKILL. To get a party composition right, you have to know your class and how it interacts with others, at least vaguely. As always, problems can be overgeared into oblivion- that is why players ask for 3k+. They're lazy and lack personal skill, likely in addition to a lack of game knowledge.
    A <Friendly Dragon>!
  • Options
    quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    That's because group of 5x ~3k dpsers can clear whole dungeon a lot faster than group with a tank and healer, besides higher itemlvl usually means that you can survive more and deal more dps so instead of having 2 runs per hour you can do 3-4 or even 5.
  • Options
    hahagotyehahagotye Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ive been pretty unsuccessful with my cw trying to get into dungeons. everyone wants "3k++" to run even as little as t1's how many i supposed to raise my ilvl when i cant run t2's? i have 2.5 currently and do very decent dps yet no one wants me

You dont need, once i did a run, we were all very weak exept the GWF he was a Sentinel, really monster. We maybe did the smoothets run ever, the GF lowered treat and activated KV, most of the hit's were taken by the GWF i dont know really how.
  • Options
    suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    When I see teams that requires such high ratings for easy runs I can only assume that those people lack any skill and need someone to carry them through -- and so I avoid these groups.
  • Options
    rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Seriously they want 3k+ now? jesus. I've successfully run T1's with a group of 1800-2100's .

its just the general playerbase seems to think that High Ilvl/gearscore guarantee's success. I find skill and communication is more important.

you could always just start the parties yourself. haha. I'd be happy to run with you.
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    Join a pve guild and forget about lfg or random q. When no one in guild want to run dungeon do something else. Indeed there are little to no reasons to run dungeons these days. No guild no fun thats the point. You dont like guilds you dont like mmos
  • Options
    generaldiomedesgeneraldiomedes Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 207 Arc User
    Unless you are looking at a different LFG queue than I am, you are exaggerating. The majority of LFGs I see are in the 2.5K+ range as there simply isn't enough 3k+ players to fill their group.

Of course, you can always use the queue. But after a few fails with 1.9K players with 50K HP .. you'll be back to the LFG :smile:
  • Options
    maegmaagmaegmaag Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    @OP u dont have to. Keep queueing and crawling thru various game channels and guilds (guess every one public has a couple of representatives u can talk to), sooner or later u will most likely find someone, or a group, who/which is not as much picky.

"join legit channel" became lately (bah, for a year already) kind of an easy call. Main purpose of that channel is playing "legitimately", thus without any cheats or exploits, not to substitute "a dungeon solution". But rly, time by time, the simple random dungeon queueing may surprise u, even that its rare, and give u an opportunity to find in-game friends or a guild. Language barrier makes it harder sometimes tho, but "trying" per se to use/learn "broken english" did not kill anyone so far.

Its kind of sad that the most interaction-capable species has that much issues dealing with such...things.
    dAuGVxU.png
    A bit nosy NW-DKG7E99X6
    "Hardcore" exploration journey and dungeon crawl. Read its description prior to trying it.
  • Options
    wentriswentris Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited July 2015

You are seeing things. "3k+" requirements happen when people want speed runs, but they arent that common. If you have a 2.5k CW and cant find party for a t1 dungeon you are doing something wrong and the handful of people that want to do speedruns has nothing to do with that
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    Join legit channel and a pve guild.
    /lfg is bad. Was like this when i joined 2 years ago, is still bad or even worse.
    Find good people to play with and disable the /lfg channel.
  • Options
    beatannierbeatannier Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 692 Arc User
    I used to LFM 2.5+ because of our guild members are in majority 3+ and we can run with 2.5+ smoothly even with one "new" in our team.

Tip: Join some guild.
    Protip: "LFG t2 high damage cw" and you can bypass tier limits (but personally, I used it only a few times and made the dps so didn`t lied).
  • Options
    skitzopyroskitzopyro Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    Because the game is designed around you having all Boons, The Best Feat and a 3k gearscore... the requirements are only low because then you can force someone to carry you. Seriously the balance in this game is tipped in the wrong direction and its only sliding further...

If you take a group of 1600 players into the dungeons you are going to wipe a lot.
  • Options
    blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    skitzopyro wrote: »
    Because the game is designed around you having all Boons, The Best Feat and a 3k gearscore... the requirements are only low because then you can force someone to carry you. Seriously the balance in this game is tipped in the wrong direction and its only sliding further...

If you take a group of 1600 players into the dungeons you are going to wipe a lot.
    no actually ive made chars recently and ran into dungeons with under 2k ilvl and the whole group was under 2k also and we didnt die because we worked well together. teamwork>gear
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    I personally would like to see a group of only 1.6-1.8k do VT.. with 50% of the boons.

I think the group would be hard pressed to do it.

Its like tiamat.. show me your 1.8k 25 man group doing this. LOL.

You dont need a ton of ilevel .. and if you join legit, anyone will be accepted in places like elol (still mostly easy) and vt (though a little more dps makes it easier.

for t2s, I think a minimum to shoot for is around 2.5-2.6 to get them done, Ive seen too many failures with poeple sub that range.

Sadly, there are people who never want to help others, and there are people who dont want to put any effort in.

• Options
    quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    Itemlvl doesnt matter much, as long as you have good weapon enchant and elol set you'r good to go even with 2k.
  • Options
    jugger71jugger71 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 252 Arc User
    I agree, iLvl means nothing in this game. It never has. This game has always been about proccing feats and set bonuses. Unfortunately people equate iLevel with skill. Perhaps because you need to do a certain amount of grinding to aquire higher iLvl gear. Know your class, know how to proc your feats and use a weapon enchant and you should be good to go.
  • Options
    karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    At iLvl of 3K+ you are almost full geared or a good way to it. It means you have enchantments higher than 7. Epic Pants/Shirts, adamantite rings and at least an upgraded T1 Armor. With Artifacts beyond legendary and Artifact gear at max rank.
    With 3K+ you can easily do the dungeons and enjoy the fights in a way where you can only die because of heavy lags and less of incompetence of players.
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • Options
    dsn1118dsn1118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    arakk00 wrote: »
    Quick answer: They're bad players and need to be carried.

To elaborate, it's perfectly possible to complete a run with no wipes once everyone is a bit past the 2k ilvl threshold (as long as you have a healer and a tank). It's also possible to do any t1 with a party of players clad in standard blue gear (no green). HOWEVER, the problem comes down to PARTY COMPOSITION and SKILL. To get a party composition right, you have to know your class and how it interacts with others, at least vaguely. As always, problems can be overgeared into oblivion- that is why players ask for 3k+. They're lazy and lack personal skill, likely in addition to a lack of game knowledge.

Either you are very dumb to make this comment or trying to get an answer for 3k+ runners so let me answer you.You need to run hell lot of dungeons with this current drop rates.I am 2.9 GF and always run because with 3k+runners not many tank GFs around.First of all
    To elaborate, it's perfectly possible to complete a run with no wipes once everyone is a bit past the 2k ilvl threshold (as long as you have a healer and a tank

Yes it is possible but for how long does it take?Most of 3k+ players I know have jobs and can't run dungeons whole day so running eLoL 8 times in 1 hour is only possible way for them and sorry this is not possible while carrying along 2k+s
    HOWEVER, the problem comes down to PARTY COMPOSITION and SKILL. To get a party composition right, you have to know your class and how it interacts with others, at least vaguely

PARTY COMPOSITION you said.Well with current bugs most of this party composions are junk.We have tanks can not tank because always something screws our shields or how much the bosses hit(Eiher too much or too low).There are DCs who think cant heal while using debuff skill(Yes it happened in PUG group she said I cant heal because I am debuff)
    Also new player doesn't want to play either Dc or tank classes because leveling them is painfully hard now and they will get rarer(Maybe not paladins for a while)
    By the way do you know Paladin's sanctuary lowers GFs shield.Again PARTY COMPOSITION my <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>
    As always, problems can be overgeared into oblivion- that is why players ask for 3k+. They're lazy and lack personal skill, likely in addition to a lack of game knowledge.

Well this is true for every GS bracket in this game or others.Some people are plain stupid or lazy or maybe both of them. Could not decide which group you are in.

NOTE:YES RUNNING DUNGEONS ARE POSSIBLE WITH 2K+ ILEVEL SO KEEP TRYING AND STAY AWAY FROM OUR 3K+ DUNGEON RUNS