Server Disconnect, Kicked and Penalized

zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
edited June 2015 in PvP Discussion
"Server Not Responding"
DISCONNECTED.
Relog into PvP match quickly.
"You are no longer with your party. Exiting map in 2..1.."
Penalized for 30 minutes.

This has happened 3x times now and it is frustrating because there is absolutely nothing players did wrong or can do about it. I have high speed Comcast and it happens while my connection is running smoothly - penalized for external server connection failing, not mine.

Needs to change
+

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPzQZO_qG9o
Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

Post edited by zeusom on

Comments

• Options
    samothrace22samothrace22 Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    this is so dumb O.O i have no idea what they were thinking
    ────────────────────────────
    SAMOTHRACE
    Trickster Rogue
    ────────────────────────────
  • Options
    mookstyrmookstyr Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Agreed. This is 100% unacceptable. I got disconnected for whatever reason, quickly relog back into game after like 1.5 seconds and BANNED for 30 minutes. Not only does this screw me over, but the other 4 guys on my team get an automatic loss. I got screwed out of 3 wins today because of this and 2 rewards. It takes FOREVER for q's to pop in the 61-69 bracket as it is, like 20 minutes+, so getting booted and banned out of a domination when you FINALLY get in one is just brutal.
  • Options
    drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have had this issue happen... during 4 seriously epic matches where my team was kicking butt and one horribly epic failure. The funny thing is... during the failure I was not penalized nor was I kicked from the arena.

I have sent a few tickets regarding this to the devs... time will tell if this will change.
    Not only does this screw me over, but the other 4 guys on my team get an automatic loss. I got screwed out of 3 wins today because of this and 2 rewards.

Is this the truth?

Also, unless it is during the Domination highlighted time, the times are the same for 70 Domination. More than once, I have had the 'click to join' window appear a number of times and one person does not click... so back to waiting.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yes, a new nice change from devs. Honestly, I feel like PvP is dead.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Edit: happened 5x now. Last time was a sudden disconnect/kick in gauntylgrym just before end of winning match thus robbing me of near 1st place and 1000+ Glory... 0 reward and 30 minute queue ban instead.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    That was where I got my first DC, zeusom. The first of 4 for that day. It is almost like I was being dc'd for doing well. It never dc's me when I am sitting at the spawn point... because we are being camped.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Autokick if player has been disconnected only after 2 minute grace period where player is allowed time to log back in. Grace period cannot happen more than twice in 10 minutes. Problem solved.

Maybe Cryptic can do little to nothing about random server disconnects. From what I have heard & understand how server works, this is the honest truth.

But Cryptic can change the code that autokicks players when spontaneous server disconnect happens. Cryptic was intending to solve the problem of players disconnecting intentionally, but the solution is wrong - it punishes many more honest players that get already annoying unwanted spontaneous dc.

• Options
    overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    magenubbie wrote: »
    The issue here is that the server can't tell the difference between a disconnect caused by a router on the way to the server or a deliberate log out. Basically the message is this: If you don't have a decent connection and pc hardware, don't come here grieving your fellow players with your disconnects. And I completely agree with the sentiment.

However, with the current issues some players appear to have with the server (I have no issues at all from Europe apart from a small drop in framerate now and then, even when I'm forced to run through some Cogent routers on occasion), the punishment seems unfair, while the server only does what it's being told: If a player leaves, apply penalty.

The real question is, what's causing the problems? People automatically blame Cryptic if there's a bad connection, but that's not necessarily the case, as anyone who knows a little bit about networks can tell you. That said, with so many people claiming to have issues, it would suit Cryptic to at least investigate the matter on their end. But if the problem is not at their end, there's little they can do about it and I certainly don't want to see the penalty removed because some people can't keep their connection to a game server. That is, provided that the issues are not with the server itself and its available bandwidth.

The server can't **** cause its a server. OBVIOUSLY. No one is saying the server should distinguish between an intended dc and a accidental one.

However, happily, live human beings who somehow made it through college and have gainful employment hopefully can discern that someone who leaves for 30 seconds and reconnects and immediately tries to re-enter the pvp map did not disconnect on purpose. These same educated professionals writing the software for a major well established brand can, I am sure, figure out how to write code that tracks how long someone was dc'd during a match. 1-30 seconds = accident no penalty. 30seconds-1 minute = party vote to kick. Beyond 1 minute = intentional dc and penalty.

This is just laziness and bull**** and Cryptic really couldn't give the players more reason to quit Neverwinter and never play a Cryptic game again, if they tried. You stand up for the game and try to point out what is still good about it in the face of most players now hating it, and somehow the game finds even more ways to make things worse and make it more and more difficult to justify continue playing.
  • Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So did the lockout penalization actually help against AFKers in the long run?
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I actually believe that this "Penalty" concept was first created for WoW... for the people that would "rage quit" a PvP match or a Raid. I believe that it was meant to punish people for <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> up the queuing system... by joining then logging.

It sucked then as it sucks now. Though I never had dc issues until this mod. Just like they cannot explain the lag issues and the FPS issues... this may be related to those.
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    h0dorh0dor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    There is no penalty for GG so people on the losing side are not really discouraged to just leave which often leads to boring matches. However in 5v5 domination this disconnect-kick bug has been seriously disrupting fun premades. Of all the bugs to fix this mod...I really think the devs should make this one a high priority.
  • Options
    ninefingers222ninefingers222 Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    h0dor wrote: »
    There is no penalty for GG so people on the losing side are not really discouraged to just leave which often leads to boring matches. However in 5v5 domination this disconnect-kick bug has been seriously disrupting fun premades. Of all the bugs to fix this mod...I really think the devs should make this one a high priority.

^ This thank you Hodor :D

Please Cryptic fix this bug it is ruining pvp .
    Essence of Aggression, OG PvP GWF
  • Options
    doidlokodoidloko Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    its not only pvp, dungeons too lag.
    is not my connection, its for all players, in all plaves of world.
    SERVER LAG, fix this lol.

Server hosted by hostgator? ¬¬