test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is Dragonborn a better race than human ?

copycat818copycat818 Member Posts: 62
edited May 2015 in The Citadel
Dragonborn - You receive 5% more healing from all spell and abilities
- Grants you +2 to any stat
- Your power and critical chance are 3% higher than that of other race

Metallic Ancestry Dragonborn - You receive 3% more healing from all spell and abilities.Your maximum hit points
total is 3% higher than that of other race
- Grants you +2 to any stat
- Your power and critical chance are 3% higher than that of other race

Human - Your defence is 3% higher than that of other race
-Grants you +2 to any stat
- You gain an additional heroic feat point at 10 , 15, 20
Post edited by copycat818 on

Comments

• copycat818copycat818 Member Posts: 62
    edited May 2015
    So ? Which one you all prefer more..I love human heroic feat gain but the 3% defence is like meh..And also I would like to know is Paladin Templar Wrath and Cleansing Touch consider as spell and abilities ? If I choose Dragonborn/Ancestry Dragonborn will my templar and cleansing touch heal more than usual ?
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I have Dragonborn pack - I still went Human on both my Paladins: human extra 3 feats and do *not* sneeze at Defense. Gentleman Crush just mentioned the same in other Paladin thread: do not take Defense stat so lightly as it definitely matters for survival.

Because a Paladin is a melee class it doesn't matter if you choose the Devotion or Protection tree: you're always going to be in the middle of the crappola and you *will* need some real surivability. I just respec'd into Bulwark branch on my Protection tree Paladin and dropped a little HP and beefed-up Defense in my stat load-out - DPS dropped off the cliff, but I am surviving *freakin' everything* with breathing room to spare.

Just some food for thought.
  • alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I enjoy my dragonborn (non metallic) devotion justice build. It's more offensive oriented so I went with a crit build. However she heals rather nicely while providing DPS, so it's nothing to sneeze at.

For a an outright defensive build, I would probably go with human.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • benistvanbenistvan Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    For tank-OP it can be better.
    I think +2CON can give more HP/DR than 3 points on Steadfast in my build.

+3%power can be good for aura gifts.

Metallic is nice but its way too expensive.

For Healer-OP human is probably better.
  • aristofanusaristofanus Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I can't decide this question for me - Dragonborn is nice for its bonuses, but if u go human that additional 3 feat points can be put in feat, that gives 1% crit for every charisma above 10 - so it's +7% crit chance for human build (or even more).
    Ofc best choice is Metallic Dragon - but as far as i know it's bugged and doen's give extra hit points.
  • alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I can't decide this question for me - Dragonborn is nice for its bonuses, but if u go human that additional 3 feat points can be put in feat, that gives 1% crit for every charisma above 10 - so it's +7% crit chance for human build (or even more).
    Ofc best choice is Metallic Dragon - but as far as i know it's bugged and doen's give extra hit points.

For a devotion OP, I was able to put 3 points in Force of Will to get full crit bonus from my charisma and only 2 points into Divine Wisdom for healing. As it is, I put out more than enough healing even for T2. I skipped all of T3, they were all very lackluster. So with that build and being dragonborn, you net a good amount of crit.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg