test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Glade Stalker set of 4 = bad?

ancojoancojo Member Posts: 253 Arc User
edited June 2015 in The Wilds
I managed to get all 4 of the Glade Stalker set but its demolished my critical strike! I got the helm last night and it took if I remember correctly over 400 off my CS, It used to be over 2000 but now sits at just over 1200!

I thought there was supposed to be a benefit in getting all 4, is there?

Thanks
Post edited by ancojo on

Comments

• trappy1026trappy1026 Member Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    There's a set bonus for getting 4/4, I think glade stalker is chance for 25% cool down reduction. It's my favorite T1 set, then you get Royal Guard in T2. All preference though, and yea it's harder to get crit wit those two sets, but they offer enough ArPen that you don't need any darks.
  • j0kerspsychoj0kerspsycho Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Imo all of our 4 sets are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. I wear 2 glade stalker and 2 profound archers for the 900 armpen that plus the gears stats you should be close to if not armpen capped and can enchant other stats. I know im sitting around 3-3.4k power 2.6k crit and 3k armpen and i dont have any armpen enchants.

Happy hunting!
    Step into the madhouse
    Aldren Boweing - 60 HR
  • birdisthemanbirdistheman Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Honestly as a trapper, all 4/4 gear bonus suck.
    I'm doing 2/2 for warden and whatever tier 2 stalkers is.
    Now I'm over capped for arpn sitting at 25% before adding str to it. And crit is 3.1k (had it has high as 4.2k, but theres only a 2% difference so)
    Recovery for a trapper means nothing at all.
    Could do forest set, but then all my crit and arpn is gone.

Wish we could do a 2/2 with crit and life steal/power
    I'd be okay with that.
  • trappy1026trappy1026 Member Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    4/4 Profound is great for pve. Hear me out.

You move 20% faster. 20% faster out of red stuff. 20% faster through dailies. Heal on deflect. I don't really wear royal guard since I got full profound.

Looking into getting 2/2 grand warden for the crit, to see how that goes, but if I'm in pve gear I've already got more than 40% crit chance as it is.

Idk about you guys, but the cd reduction feat is bugged, doesnt always work, so full royal guard is kinda nice at times, if not overkill because let's be honest pve is a breeze with a well specced hr anyway.
  • kestrelhawkerkestrelhawker Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Im working with Armor and feet of Grand Warden and helm and hands of draconic . really digging that combo at the moment .
  • birdisthemanbirdistheman Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I don't pvp, so won't be getting the profound set. 20% faster sounds very nice. But I'm not to worried about that. Since with Steel breeze Im never out of stamina, so I can constantly dodge, a 20% increase isn't really needed (for me)

What are your stats to have 40% crit? I have 35% with 20 wis and 3.2k crit. Just wondering

I have definitely seen that bug alot. Sometimes my CD works as intended and sometimes nothing has been cooled down. (Even with the occasional cd lag that happens)
    Also have it sometimes where I've used a encounter (with animations) but when I switch stances nothings ready, so I switch back and Its saying I never used a encounter. Think its just the lag and the pace at which we use our stuff.

I've thought about going draconic a few times, but with master trapper feat, it isn't really needed IMO
    I can launch a disruptive shot, have full AP within 1 stance switch again. And can use seismic shot and have full AP by the time its CD is over. So, don't see a reason to add AP gain when it'd be a waste for me.

Of course my post is all dependent on if your a trapper.
    I know for archery or combat HR the CD set would work wonders.

Just looking forward to future mods where we can hopefully grab the good sets.
  • darkestxshadowdarkestxshadow Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    i have the glade stalker set, and i play as a trapper. Ill be honest, the CD reduction is nice when it procs, being able to entangle another group of add's quickly is extremely usefull.
    though, i think recovery is still a better way to go, and perhaps using sets before royal gaurd is kind of pointless.
  • adair4mnadair4mn Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ancojo wrote: »
    I managed to get all 4 of the Glade Stalker set but its demolished my critical strike! I got the helm last night and it took if I remember correctly over 400 off my CS, It used to be over 2000 but now sits at just over 1200!

I thought there was supposed to be a benefit in getting all 4, is there?

Thanks

The benefit of +450 armor pen and crit for 2/2 on both outweigh the "chance" for the bonus after crit and "chance" for 30% cd. Basically if I don't see a number for my "chance" I don't trust it and neither should you.

Edit: I gathered all sets and found that combo to be the best in pve