test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Resonance Stones not working as described

morgonmgcmorgonmgc Member Posts: 68
edited May 2015 in Bug Reports (Xbox One)
I've accumulated a number of Minor Resonance and Lesser Resonance Stones.

The description says:
'It is worth [500/2500] Refinement Points for Artifact Equipment, but far less for other items'

I had a stack of 5 Lesser Resonance Stones (should be worth 2500/each) that I was going to use for the PvP Artifact I obtained. I was too quick to accept, but I could see that it was only giving me 500 per, and I basically got extremely cheated. Looking at the Minor Resonance Stones that I still have in my inventory, they're only going to provide 100 Refinement Points on my Artifact, rather than the 500 it is supposed to.

Please fix this bug, and frankly I should be refunded my Lesser Resonance Stones.
Post edited by morgonmgc on

Comments

• baszun67baszun67 Member Posts: 89
    edited April 2015
    Artifact equipment, not artifacts. Different tool tip, read more carefully.
  • morgonmgcmorgonmgc Member Posts: 68
    edited April 2015
    Except that Artifacts are equipped, and are therefore logically considered Artifact Equipment by extension and common verbiage.
  • rock9000rock9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Artifact equipment, as stated in gamepedia, are belt, cloak, weapon and off-hand artifact
  • thezer0fluxthezer0flux Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    morgonmgc wrote: »
    The description says:
    'It is worth [500/2500] Refinement Points for Artifact Equipment, but far less for other items'

..but far less for other items

That's the key part you missed. As someone else stated, you used them on the wrong items. If you look under the name in the descriptions of your artifacts or artifact equipment, you can see exactly what type they are (Artifact of Union, Artifact of Stability, Artifact Equipment, etc.). That's why "Artifact Equipment" is capitalized in the description -- it's a specific type of gear.

What happened to you isn't a bug. I do agree that kind of stuff should be described more clearly in game, but it's not. In the future, I recommend you check the wiki (or do a web search) before you spend/burn rare items. The wiki is considered official and is pretty much the closest thing to a manual you're going to find.
    edited April 2015
    ..but far less for other items

That's the key part you missed.

I didn't 'miss it', it should simply be non-applicable in this case. An Artifact that you equip is Artifact Equipment. You cannot logically argue anything else.

If they don't want Artifact-slotted items to be considered Artifact equipment, they need to change the name of them. I am confident that I am not the only one confused (or at this point, angry) by the ambiguation. I should not have to consult a third-party website to see if an item is self-explanatory or not.
  • awrex1977awrex1977 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I didn't 'miss it', it should simply be non-applicable in this case. An Artifact that you equip is Artifact Equipment. You cannot logically argue anything else.

If they don't want Artifact-slotted items to be considered Artifact equipment, they need to change the name of them. I am confident that I am not the only one confused (or at this point, angry) by the ambiguation. I should not have to consult a third-party website to see if an item is self-explanatory or not.

Your definition and their definition are different.

An Artifact in game can be equipped in an Artifact Slot.

Artifact equipment can be equipped in the corresponding equipment slot, IE a Artifact Belt can be equipped in the Waist slot.

It's not that hard to comprehend.

When you put the stones in the refinement slots and saw +500 instead of +2500, also shouldn't be so difficult to figure out.
  • awrex1977awrex1977 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Also part of the issue is where we (on XBox) started.

Artifact equipment took over a year to make it's way on to the PC release, XBox it was there day 1.

Prior to mod 4, the only Artifact type of stuff you could acquire were in fact Artifacts.

Mod 4 introduced Artifact equipment - Belts and Main Hands, mod 5 introduced Cloaks and Off-Hands.

The distinction between Artifacts and Artifact equipment was born then.

This issue would have be moot if the XBox version launched was a copy of initial PC release with MODS added following the same rough calendar (every 2-5 months).

IMO the sole reason it was launched w/ MOD4 content and MOD5 ruleset was class balance fixes that had been in place on the PC side and they were comfortable with.
  • baszun67baszun67 Member Posts: 89
    edited April 2015
    Except that Artifacts are equipped, and are therefore logically considered Artifact Equipment by extension and common verbiage.[/QU]

Incorrect, that would denote a double entendre which there is clearly not. Regardless, contextually the definition is: "Artifact equipment, as stated in gamepedia, are belt, cloak, weapon and off-hand artifact." -rock9000
    edited April 2015
    You did. It's not. I can (and did).

It's frustrating, but it's still not a bug.
    edited April 2015
    I like the defense on the destruction of common English. Do you genuinely not understand the ambiguation?
    Equipped items called Artifacts are by extension Artifact Equipment. Period. Any argument against that defies logic and common sense.

Fine - Maybe it's not as much a 'bug' as it is something completely stupid that needs to be changed.
  • adwelphinehasadwelphinehas Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yeah sorry my fellow literary gents, but I must agree with the OP on this one.

The verbiage could use a clearer description.

I just googled this when I saw the unexpected numbers and also thought it a bug (because I am in fact trying to refine an artifact that is equipped to my character..not in a bank..not in my inventory..im tellin ya..the ma'f****** is equipped...lol).

In any event or efforts to negate either side of the debate, the fact that this thread exists and the reason I searched and found it proves the fact a better described tool tip would have served its goal of explaining the item and its use.
    edited May 2015
    I think it's more of a logic issue than a language issue.

Consider the following:
    • Apples have seeds
    • Oranges have seeds
    • Therefore, Apples are oranges
    Absurd, right? In NW terms, the above is like saying:
    • Artifacts of Union can be equipped
    • Artifact Equipment can be equipped
    • Therefore, Artifacts of Union are Artifact Equipment
    The above conclusion is equally absurd. This is a classic example of the non sequitur fallacy of formal logic. Think of it this way: there's a difference between equipped artifacts and Artifact Equipment. All artifacts can be equipped, but not all equipped artifacts are Artifact Equipment; some artifacts are Artifacts of Power, Artifacts of Union, or Artifacts of Stability. It's illogical to equate two or more things because of one similar characteristic.

That said, the argument that the current in-game description can be misinterpreted is completely valid. What the text currently says is accurate, but a clearer description would certainly help.
  • deiracheldeirachel Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    awrex1977 wrote: »
    IMO the sole reason it was launched w/ MOD4 content and MOD5 ruleset was class balance fixes that had been in place on the PC side and they were comfortable with.

It's actually to keep in close with the Adventurer's League season (i.e. the official D&D DCI table-top stuff). Rise of Tiamat (what Tyranny will become) is the campaign that just ended (Elemental Evil is the AL series, and the PC is doing that one now as well). I'd recommend people find out if there is an Adventurer's League game near you. Lot of fun the old fashioned way, and you can actually ROLE play. Fair warning, don't try to be a Cleric of Kelemvor... you can't play a cleric with the Death domain under DCI rules (nor a Neutral or Chaotic Evil character... if it's not in the PHB or the Player's Supplements you're SoL.)
  • generaldiomedesgeneraldiomedes Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Huh? is this a joke thread?
  • trappy1026trappy1026 Member Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    Hey man, consider yourself lucky. At least you didn't buy the Cube of Augmentation like I did! YOU CAN'T EVEN USE THE ITEM IN THE CURRENT MOD LOL!!

"This Cube will enable you to unlock a new power on your Artifact Equipment. It is also used to unlock a new statistic or increase the value of that statistic on your Artifact Equipment.

Purchased in the Wondrous Bazaar."

12.K AD. Useable only on ARTIFACT OFF HANDS
    edited May 2015
    Yeah... I, uh... I also have a Cube of Augmentation sitting in my bank. *sigh*
  • trappy1026trappy1026 Member Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    Hey, if we ever get our off hands it'll be considered a good investment, I guess.
  • destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You dont WEAR artifacts. Unless they are EQUIPMENT you actually put on.

Slotting actual artifacts is akeen to putting it in a easy spot to activate them such as your belt its like a reusable consumable like the lucky coin but you dont equip that either. You slot it in your belt.
  • jrourkejrourke Member Posts: 60
    edited May 2015
    baszun67 wrote: »
    Artifact equipment, not artifacts. Different tool tip, read more carefully.

Hey! They are still artifacts that you equip, they should have called them something else such as trinkets or accoutrements rather than muddling up artifacts and artifact equipment.....This is a design fault rather than someone misreading.
  • munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    trappy1026 wrote: »
    Hey man, consider yourself lucky. At least you didn't buy the Cube of Augmentation like I did! YOU CAN'T EVEN USE THE ITEM IN THE CURRENT MOD LOL!!

"This Cube will enable you to unlock a new power on your Artifact Equipment. It is also used to unlock a new statistic or increase the value of that statistic on your Artifact Equipment.

Purchased in the Wondrous Bazaar."

12.K AD. Useable only on ARTIFACT OFF HANDS

Heh..I did the same thing =)
  • wanderingkyngwanderingkyng Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I've accumulated a number of Minor Resonance and Lesser Resonance Stones.

The description says:

I had a stack of 5 Lesser Resonance Stones (should be worth 2500/each) that I was going to use for the PvP Artifact I obtained. I was too quick to accept, but I could see that it was only giving me 500 per, and I basically got extremely cheated. Looking at the Minor Resonance Stones that I still have in my inventory, they're only going to provide 100 Refinement Points on my Artifact, rather than the 500 it is supposed to.

Please fix this bug, and frankly I should be refunded my Lesser Resonance Stones.
    Not a bug. User error. Please re-read the item tool-tips VERY CAREFULLY.
  • tomidius80tomidius80 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    morgonmgc, despite you touting a lofty expected level of intelligence, you are both dense, and daft.

You are clearly wrong here, and have no argument. Sure, you sound like you went to college, but have no common sense whatsoever.. How do you function? The apple and orange post is spot on.