edited May 2015 in Foundry Quest Database
Campaign Name: Call of the Divines
ID: NWS-DDAADRZFC

Quest Name: Vol. 1 - The Calling
ID: NW-DCSMPIMRK

Current status: SUBMMITED FOR FEATURING
Type: lore / combat / story / side quests / secrets
Duration: 10 minutes - 2 hours
3 Maps: (Chamber of Divines / Neighbouring Town / Valhalla)
Optional quests: 6
Suggested number of player: 1 or 2 (difficulty slider included)

Mission summary:

"This is where your legend beings... your path of god."

This is a story about you, as a hero of your realm, has been summoned by a cleric in Neverwinter for assistance. After travelling with him you found a piece of relic he mentioned that has unknown magical power. Turns out the relic is a key that leads you to a distant realm - Asgard.

Author message:

The quest has very few main objectives. Players have their choices to do many things. Side quests and secrets are the most interesting part. If you skip the side quests, you probably missed the best part! Story flow and characters are heavily based on events mentioned in Poetic Edda and related saga which eventually leads to the event of Ragnarok. If any changes has been made by the author, books and scrolls will mention them in the lore library of Valhalla. Bug report is much appreciated.

Screenshots

Valhalla
XMyxR2Dl.jpg

Norse god and goddess
f2RWL8Gl.jpg

Creature in Norse mythology
ckNMnDql.jpg

Author: @archlegend1230
Call of the Divines

Vol. 1 - The Calling

Vol. 2 - Battle of Niflheim
(Under Construction)
Post edited by archlegend1230 on

Comments

• valcontar73valcontar73 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Visuals are amazing and the creatures you customized are awsome.

I would skip the part you return to PE.

Doing the side quests without objectives it's a bit confusing, but it's ok. Took me a bit of time to find the "secret" entrance. :D

Still playing it.

I guess, are you near the limit of 1700 objects per map?

Btw, if you get out of Valhalla, you can not return. The icon map doesn't appear in the world map. I think it's a another bug from cryptic.
    NWS-DLXTNXRF2 - Angeline von Stein
    NWS-DOVA9JIJV - The Lost Seneschal
    NW-DT3221YUY - The Wildcross Bride

Foundry Grand Master.
  • archlegend1230archlegend1230 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Visuals are amazing and the creatures you customized are awsome.

I would skip the part you return to PE.

Doing the side quests without objectives it's a bit confusing, but it's ok. Took me a bit of time to find the "secret" entrance. :D

Still playing it.

I guess, are you near the limit of 1700 objects per map?

Btw, if you get out of Valhalla, you can not return. The icon map doesn't appear in the world map. I think it's a another bug from cryptic.

There was a bug with Idunn's dialog today and it is now repaired. She was suppose to open up the upper floor which leads to the final reward chest. The dialog was missing. She should now talks to the player properly when new version is published.
    Call of the Divines

Vol. 1 - The Calling

(Under Construction)
  • melindenmelinden Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I played with my level 70 DC. The English is good but not 100%. I recommend you have another pass to check for correct verb tenses especially.

I think this is a very good idea for a quest and your Valhalla map shows you have lot of creativity. I would recommend you revisit the first half of the quest and make it as good as the last part. I generally recommend more music and details on those early maps although you may decide to delete them entirely.

Cleric Millan:
    -in his first dialogue Millan says “I am a cleric of Goddess Lurue” should be “I am a cleric of the Goddess Lurue”
    -in the response when it says “I heard that you look for me” should be “I heard you are looking for me.”
    -I stopped making grammar corrections at this point since most lines need at least one thing fixed.

Chamber of Divines:
    -this map could use some other details to help make it more interesting
    -you should add some music or sound effects to this map
    -the map transition is set to the default “Go to Next Map”. Although this isn’t an error it is generally preferred that you change this to something that matches your quest such as “Escape the Chamber” or something similar.

Return to Protector’s Enclave:
    -as others have mentioned I would probably cut this section as it requires a long run from the gates back to Millan. Players with slow mounts will find this especially frustrating.

Neighbouring Town Square:
    -you should probably add music and sound to this map

Valhalla:
    -this map is really well done and imaginative. If you could condensed your other maps into maybe 2 maps (without the returning to PE) and spent as much time on them as this map, this would be a really impressive foundry.
    -some of the Thayan floor tiles are glitching visually. This is because they are overlaying on the exact same Y value. There are two ways to deal with this. Either you need to make sure they are not overlapping or you can offset their Y value by a small amount (say .01) that the computer will notice but players cannot.
    -it would be helpful to have some hints as to the location of the entrance to the hidden canyon. It took me quite a while and I was getting frustrated.
    -you may want to have the crag cats wandering or patrolling in the canyon. You also may want to reduce the number to six instead of eight.
    -I would recommend the same about the Golems of Mimir. Since I play a dodging class it was very difficult to fight that many on the narrow bridge.
    -I really liked the quotes from the Eddas and the Sagas in the library
    Find me in game with @DoctorBadger
    (Un)Academic Field Work Foundry Campaign: NWS-DAPZB2CTZ
    edited May 2015
    melinden wrote: »
    I played with my level 70 DC. The English is good but not 100%. I recommend you have another pass to check for correct verb tenses especially.

I think this is a very good idea for a quest and your Valhalla map shows you have lot of creativity. I would recommend you revisit the first half of the quest and make it as good as the last part. I generally recommend more music and details on those early maps although you may decide to delete them entirely.

Cleric Millan:
    -in his first dialogue Millan says “I am a cleric of Goddess Lurue” should be “I am a cleric of the Goddess Lurue”
    -in the response when it says “I heard that you look for me” should be “I heard you are looking for me.”
    -I stopped making grammar corrections at this point since most lines need at least one thing fixed.

Chamber of Divines:
    -this map could use some other details to help make it more interesting
    -you should add some music or sound effects to this map
    -the map transition is set to the default “Go to Next Map”. Although this isn’t an error it is generally preferred that you change this to something that matches your quest such as “Escape the Chamber” or something similar.

Return to Protector’s Enclave:
    -as others have mentioned I would probably cut this section as it requires a long run from the gates back to Millan. Players with slow mounts will find this especially frustrating.

Neighbouring Town Square:
    -you should probably add music and sound to this map

Valhalla:
    -this map is really well done and imaginative. If you could condensed your other maps into maybe 2 maps (without the returning to PE) and spent as much time on them as this map, this would be a really impressive foundry.
    -some of the Thayan floor tiles are glitching visually. This is because they are overlaying on the exact same Y value. There are two ways to deal with this. Either you need to make sure they are not overlapping or you can offset their Y value by a small amount (say .01) that the computer will notice but players cannot.
    -it would be helpful to have some hints as to the location of the entrance to the hidden canyon. It took me quite a while and I was getting frustrated.
    -you may want to have the crag cats wandering or patrolling in the canyon. You also may want to reduce the number to six instead of eight.
    -I would recommend the same about the Golems of Mimir. Since I play a dodging class it was very difficult to fight that many on the narrow bridge.
    -I really liked the quotes from the Eddas and the Sagas in the library

Thank you very much for your input. I will be working on these on my next update. A bit busy these few weeks didn't have much time to work on it...
    Call of the Divines

Vol. 1 - The Calling

(Under Construction)
    edited May 2015
    V1.55 New Update!

Corrected grammars throughout the quest.

Cleric Millan:
    Removed quest objective that player has to talk to him after returning from chamber of divines.

Chamber of Divines:
    Added a few details and back light. Added a very large section for optional challenge. Enjoy a good grind!

Town Square:
    Added some environmental sound effects.

Valhalla:
    Fixed some graphic bugs where tiles are glitching and quest items fall below the tiles. Added conversations to certain NPCs. Added a few looping patrols and removed some mobs. Added new quest for Thor in a hidden storyline with a new character. Added a hidden boss area. Added more musics in some areas. Added numerous sky effect that makes battle more interesting. Added guiding points that give directions to players.

About the secret entrance:
    It was meant to be difficult to find. Added a few obvious "hints" for players to find the entrance.
    (Not even the gods know where the golden apple tree is, except for Idunn, who is the caretaker of the tree. There are many secrets and hidden dialogs in Valhalla, find them!)
    Call of the Divines

Vol. 1 - The Calling

(Under Construction)