test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Nefw Warlock! Could use some advice from the veterans!

shirtrippa83shirtrippa83 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited June 2015 in The Nine Hells
Hello Everyone!

So I am fairly new to the game and I am still struggling to figure everything out and was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on a good build for leveling a warlock, such as which powers to focus on, which feats, what stats are important to a lock (what do all the stats like Armor penetration and recovery, etc do exactly anyway?) and also which paragon path is the best if you want to be valuable to your group endgame.

I created a Half Orc, figuring that the bonus to crit would be a nice addition to the class and I only really enjoy PVE.

Thanks in advance guys!
Post edited by shirtrippa83 on

Comments

• shadrackx1shadrackx1 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hello Everyone!

So I am fairly new to the game and I am still struggling to figure everything out and was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on a good build for leveling a warlock, such as which powers to focus on, which feats, what stats are important to a lock (what do all the stats like Armor penetration and recovery, etc do exactly anyway?) and also which paragon path is the best if you want to be valuable to your group endgame.

I created a Half Orc, figuring that the bonus to crit would be a nice addition to the class and I only really enjoy PVE.

Thanks in advance guys!

Im fairly new myself, however I have been constantly researching this game and I can assure you that every class is so different. So for people like me to give advice on a class I haven't yet experience would be giving you false information.

So im just going to explain some basics which I found helpful for me so far.

Firstly id recommend joining a decent guild as this will allow you to learn and understand how people play there classes and what kind of strategies they use to play in dungeons/pvp.

My next tip is to not focus on other people builds but to focus on a build which suits you! I have copied many builds and have come to the conclusion that every build is good and it all just depends on what you like.. Could be damage build, a buff build to assist team mates or a tank build to take the damage.

As far as stats go, power is exactly what is says on the tin.. It determines how much damage you do. Armour penetration is used to ignore the opponents armour to allow you to hit harder through there defence. Critical allows a higher chance to land a critical strike, recovery recovers powers faster and defence is defence.

If you want to do a decent amount of damage then aim for high power/crit/arm pen as well as decent recovery. I have 5000 power 3000 crit 2500 arm pen and 1500 recovery. The rest is 1500 defence and 500-1000 life steal/deflect. This is my stats for a damage build.

As far as feats and paragon path go you'll have to do your own research and see which best suit you! Even if you find you have messed your feats/powers/paragon path up you can always reset them with 50-100k AD in game and don't have to spent a single penny in real money :)

Hope this helped a little, I'm still new myself but seem to be making great progress!
  • xyipyupxyipyup Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Most people go with the fury build or temptation build for SW. The fury build us pure DPS whereas the temptation build is more of a hybrid healing/support build. Depending on whether you're on PC or Xbox will determine what stats you want to focus on because the two platforms are at different points in content.
  • chromedfishchromedfish Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hello Everyone!

Thanks in advance guys!

I have a 12k gs healock and will say that if you want to be a team player the temptation path is the way to go. once you hit lvl 60 the most important piece of the warlock aresenal in my opion is the 4 piece diabolist set. Aim for the infernal set t1 first and then go for the accursed t2 set. The extra damage helps you with a dps build or hybrid healer build. I heal more than clerics and can still do 10-20mil damage on t2 dungeons.
    15k Healock
    13k Virtuos Cleric
    13k Destroyed Gwf
    12k SS Control Wizard
  • cybergutscyberguts Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm a 13k+ GS Hellfire Templock, and with my build I fill in for a DC in DC-less Dungeons and Skirmishes.

Basically, I'd follow this/URL] guide as it WILL help you in all avenues of the SW.

I followed it, and I can safely say it's right.
    Erdan Darksbane - Lvl 60 Soulbinder Fury SW
    BamBam - Lvl 30 GWF
    Trevok - Lvl 30 GF
    Wil - Lvl 25 TR (PvP)
  • phaseadeptphaseadept Member Posts: 15
    edited May 2015
    I"m a fury hellbringer, and I put out crazy amounts of damage. . . I just hate that Tyrannical Threat can turn the game into a slideshow.

I've noticed that I can solo a considerable amount of content with a decent amount of lifesteal, I just can't share that health with others. I find it fun, and I actually can kite large groups of mobs with careful use of our shadow. . .
  • melychathmelychath Member Posts: 45
    edited June 2015
    cyberguts wrote: »
    I'm a 13k+ GS Hellfire Templock, and with my build I fill in for a DC in DC-less Dungeons and Skirmishes.

Basically, I'd follow this/URL] guide as it WILL help you in all avenues of the SW.

Seconded. (10characters)
  • thewildsquidapusthewildsquidapus Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Warlocks have some pretty unique class mechanics. Reading Kaelacs guide will give you an idea of what you can and can't do. Take time and thought specing your toon. It gets frustrating at times but if you stick with it eventually even PvP gets easier. I have a warlock and cleric and if I had to choose which one was my favorite it would my warlock.
    Most worthless class in the entire game....

Worthless?!? Either clearly you're an idiot, or you didn't build the SW. My Templock out-dps'd everyone and out healed every cleric.

My Furylock now completely annihilates everything in the way, even with a greater plaguefire on both PVP and PVE.
    BamBam - Lvl 30 GWF
    Trevok - Lvl 30 GF
    Wil - Lvl 25 TR (PvP)
  • darkpathslpdarkpathslp Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    If you roll fury use this rotation order is important. {Warlock's Bargain} next {Killing Flames} finally end with {Dreadtheft} doing them in rapid succession will maximize dps.
    If you roll fury use this rotation order is important. {Warlock's Bargain} next {Killing Flames} finally end with {Dreadtheft} doing them in rapid succession will maximize dps.

You'd actually get more benefit from doing Killing Flame last due to it doing more damage the lesser life the target has. Plus, killing the target will get you more AP.

And actually, if you're running Soulbinder rather than Hellbringer; the rotation for MAX DPS is actually WB, DT and then finally SS as ALL are Necro damage to tick CD AND if feat correctly you have a good few Soul Sparks which will increase you damage % during the rotation.
    BamBam - Lvl 30 GWF
    Trevok - Lvl 30 GF
    Wil - Lvl 25 TR (PvP)
  • anonymousrpanonymousrp Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Most worthless class in the entire game....

Worthless?!? Either clearly you're an idiot, or you didn't build the SW. My Templock out-dps'd everyone and out healed every cleric.

My Furylock now completely annihilates everything in the way, even with a greater plaguefire on both PVP and PVE.

Cyberguts id like to meet you in game maybe you can give me some tips i mostly pvp on my warlock its all i ever do .
    do you have much luck with rouges on a one on one situatuon
    Cyberguts id like to meet you in game maybe you can give me some tips i mostly pvp on my warlock its all i ever do .
    do you have much luck with rouges on a one on one situatuon

PVP pretty much boils down to being geared right. I have 2 sets of personalised rings, one for PVE and another PVP.
    My PVP set concentrates on ArP and Regen.

As for going against TRs. That all depends on how the TR is spec'd. Most TRs take a shot, realise I wasn't one-shotted and runs away while I'll open up my encounters on them.

Shadow Slip is your friend! If you see a TR coming at you, Shadow Slip and go towards where he came from. Unless they've got super reflexs, they cannot snap the camera around fast enough where as you can as you know where you came from.

Or Shadow Slip as you know they're about to either Smoke bomb or Lashing Blade (or both and reduce their damage AND null their CC)... They've wasted 2 encounters and you're not dead. And due to the CC immunity, you can escape they're flurry at will.

As I said previously, it's all down to your rotation and the powers you use. I change mine quite regularly due to all matches are different, and require a different approach.

My main plus on my build is my AP Gain. My IS Daily really helps damage multiple targets when attacking or defending a node. And each crit gives me a soul, which is more regen, more damage and more AP for the next battle.
    BamBam - Lvl 30 GWF
    Trevok - Lvl 30 GF
    Wil - Lvl 25 TR (PvP)
  • rin257rin257 Member Posts: 5 Arc User

I have been struggling with my SW and have spent so many hours trying different builds. I am loving this URL. One question though... What is a DC artifact he speaks of? I can't find it when I reference this page
    http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Artifact
    And have no idea what he is talking about. I play the XBox version, also.

The artifact isn't out yet.

The DC artifact is only obtainable with a DC when they enter the Vault of the Nine; one of the missions that's coming in the next lot of mods.
    BamBam - Lvl 30 GWF
    Trevok - Lvl 30 GF
    Wil - Lvl 25 TR (PvP)
  • xrawcarnagexrawcarnage Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    Assuming you will have to be a lvl 60 (70 mod 6) to do this mission?
    As in we wont be able to quickly make a dc and do this mission at let's say level 20?
    Ok thought that was the case. Well I'll rush a dc through. Hopefully dbl xp will happen soon lol