test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PVP DPS Build

daimyondaimyon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 49
edited May 2015 in The Temple
I'm just wanting to try something different on my cleric than spamming heals and dropping Astral Shields. I've seen some clerics do massive damage in PVP, but never had the chance to ask them about their build. Does anyone know of a damage build for PVP?
Post edited by daimyon on

Comments

• neverknight5neverknight5 Member Posts: 79
    edited May 2015
    DPS clerics are quite straightforward to make which is good, you have to go Righteus for most of your DPS. On my cleric I wear the grim Righteus set and my rings, belt and necklace have power and deflection on them. I enchant my offence and defence slots with radiant for survivability and damage, I don't need to worry about armor pen since I have a plague fire.

As for powers I use break the spirit, forge masters flame and astral shield. You might think the shield has no place for a DPS build but once it's empowered you take 0 damage apart from piercing or large hits so it's good for survivability. Forgemadters flame and break the spirit are awesome dots that tick up for a lot of damage and you can keep someone locked down with a divinity break the spirit. If your fighting a squishy target you can hit them with divinity forge masters flames for big damage. As for at wills I use astral seal and brand of the sun since once I get my dots ticking I heal for loads.

Divine oracle is more suited towards this build since we get hammer of fate which hits for huge damage if we dot them first for the 10% extra damage in righteous tree, however you could substitute astral shield for divine glow of you want to go full DPS but I became too squishy and a glass cannon. Also if your an anointed champion you can tweak it a little to suit the DPS build. Hope this helps and good luck building your cleric :).
  • daimyondaimyon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 49
    edited May 2015
    I gave DPS a shot, but suffered from the ever present "A CLERIC! KILL IT FIRST!" even though I wasn't healing. I didn't really get much of an opportunity to do much damage as I was constantly locked down before anyone else on my team. And besides that, everyone kept wanting me to heal, regardless of how often I tell them I'm dps.
  • andy2k666andy2k666 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I ran with a DPS build as i hit 60 and did some PVP with it. But its nothing worth if you can't survive long enough to do your damage.
    So you end up just hitting the targets and hope your critical Dots kill them.

And as said, everyone wants your heals and your always getting killed first.

As a sidenote, your Team rise and fall with you. If you do well, you can carry your whole Team. If you suck, you eventually will loose. So staying alive and heal is your job. If you have the right gear, you are nearly immortal and can tank at least 2 enemies at once.
    Endless

eRekt ION