test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Should i be pvp ing?

majnumbthumbs1majnumbthumbs1 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
edited May 2015 in PvP Discussion
GF just hit 60 have this glory booster, never pvp. Should i? I don't care if I lose I just want to know if it's something I have to do. I know I don't HAVE TO, but will I regret not?
Thanks in advance
Post edited by majnumbthumbs1 on

Comments

• xceptopecxceptopec Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You should be PvPing daily, especially at LVL 60, since it is pretty much the main method of getting RADs (miimum of 8,000/day, plus an extra 8,000 from Neverember every 4 days or so - and more on double reward periods), as well as the chance to get a seal of triumph once per day. Those seals are needed to be able to buy T2 and T3 PvP gear.
  • attorn97attorn97 Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Up to 12k rough AD in a day between Rix, Domination Battlemaster and Neverember for TWO matches (If you score in top 5 of both and win at least one of the matches); Artifact at 24k Glory;

Add in that its not the same experience as running the same dungeon over and over and over again, and I think its completely worth it.
  • pureacousicpureacousic Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Try it out. It makes the game a lot more fun when you're fighting against another human. Just focus on getting better on that aspect of the game, and it can be really fulfilling.
  • borochigoroborochigoro Member Posts: 31
    edited May 2015
    PVP = S-H-I-T

Play only for this ...
    xceptopec wrote: »
    You should be PvPing daily, especially at LVL 60, since it is pretty much the main method of getting RADs (miimum of 8,000/day, plus an extra 8,000 from Neverember every 4 days or so - and more on double reward periods), as well as the chance to get a seal of triumph once per day. Those seals are needed to be able to buy T2 and T3 PvP gear.

Level 60 you need now best equipment.
  • majnumbthumbs1majnumbthumbs1 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Ty for all of your responses and advice. I'm going to go and get beat up by you guys now, lol.
  • spyg0atspyg0at Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    xceptopec wrote: »
    it is pretty much the main method of getting RADs

this made me laugh.
    2.5K DC PVP & PVE <Q-Snipe>
  • tellistorterratellistorterra Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    PvP is not for me... so my 2 cents are: do it if you think you like it. if you don't, either change your approach to pvp or don't do it. there are other methods of getting RAD than pvp. like doing dungeons/epic dungeons and salvaging lv 60 epic gear you get and don't need :p

the only PvP i would do is the open PvP in the Icewind Dale areas
  • skeld11skeld11 Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    PvP is not for me... so my 2 cents are: do it if you think you like it. if you don't, either change your approach to pvp or don't do it. there are other methods of getting RAD than pvp. like doing dungeons/epic dungeons and salvaging lv 60 epic gear you get and don't need :p

the only PvP i would do is the open PvP in the Icewind Dale areas

I don't think we have this open world PvP on Xbox (yet).
    GWF
    -ASYLUM-
  • tellistorterratellistorterra Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    skeld11 wrote: »
    I don't think we have this open world PvP on Xbox (yet).

we don't. idk about Gauntlgrym, cuz i never had a guild on pc, but i did play Icewind Dale campaign. the open pvp is only in certain areas in zones. once you cross a certain area, you're marked for pvp.only going to a campfire will remove the mark. it's terrifying if you're solo lol
  • thezer0fluxthezer0flux Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I only do PvP when there's a Double Diamonds event AND Lord Neverember tacks on his PvP daily, otherwise there's not enough incentive for me to do it. Even then I still have to talk myself into slogging through the boring, repetitive, snorefest that is PvP. It's just not at all fun for me, and I'd rather play the actual game (PvE missions, skirmishes, and dungeons) instead. Whether or not you should do it is entirely up to you.
  • wanderingkyngwanderingkyng Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    spyg0at wrote: »
    this made me laugh.

Me too! "it is pretty much the main method of getting RADs..." if you're unaware you can salvage items and also unaware you can sell items on the TTH... lol
  • evillemyevillemy Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    No...............
  • trappy1026trappy1026 Member Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    I love pvp dude. Don't expect to jump right in and do well.

It takes time to get the gear and tenacity, understand team comp, strategies, hot spots, etc. Some people don't like it, but there is a dedicated community that does like it.

Just don't listen to butt hurt people who try to do well with their 15k GS PVE gear and wonder wot the hull m8 y i die nurf dis nurf dat no fare
  • majnumbthumbs1majnumbthumbs1 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I was destroyed. I am a gf with 4k defense being 1shotted like a cancer patient boxing tyson. I don't know if I will do that again. Lol. I just don't want to miss any enjoyable or profitable content. Thanks a lot and maybe I will stick to pve, until I understand the game better.
  • lvlkarmalvllvlkarmalvl Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I was destroyed. I am a gf with 4k defense being 1shotted like a cancer patient boxing tyson. I don't know if I will do that again. Lol. I just don't want to miss any enjoyable or profitable content. Thanks a lot and maybe I will stick to pve, until I understand the game better.

Like others warned you, PVP is a different animal. I'm not sure that understanding PVE any "better" will ever help you in PVP. The only thing to do is grind (literally, your teeth will grind) your way through the first bit of PVP until you understand the dynamics better and can get yourself some PVP gear with tenacity on it.

But honestly, if it bugs you that much don't worry about it. There are indeed other ways to make AD. You'd only be missing out on a an artifact, and TBH I'm not even sure how good they are because I don't have one yet.