test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Inv to drag (how to spot noooobs)

adair4mnadair4mn Member Posts: 7 Arc User
When somebody is posting and advertisement to a dragon, don't respond with "inv to drag"!!!!
a. this person could be busy
b. you are spamming the chat when you could be using it correctly

When there is a group of 15 waiting for the dragon, please stop with the advertising!!!!
a. 10 lvl 60's is plenty to take down a dragon in a timely fashion (I've done it in 6 mins with 9 others)
b. overloading an instance is going to cause lag

Really what I'm trying to say is I wish this game would have been like $10 to play at least. That way people that have never played dungeons and dragon games before would not be playing this and impeding the good times that can be had. Oh and I wish I could disable the trade chat while I'm in PE.
Post edited by adair4mn on

Comments

• redlex17redlex17 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Your post is a bit condescending. I could just as easily call you a ****.

I would assume that most people advertising that a dragon is up do not have "a group of 15" taking the dragon down. Why else would they take time to type in chat the advertisement. Short of using a USB keyboard or SmartGlass device, typing in chat on Xbox one is painfully annoying. Therefore, they do not have enough help to take down the dragon.

I would assume that most people advertising that a dragon is going to be up soon do not have 15 people waiting to take down a dragon. Perhaps, as is often the case, many of those people are not waiting right by the spawn point, but somewhere else in the zone until the dragon spawns. In this case, it's hard to know how many people you will have to help kill the dragon.

I would assume that when people type in chat asking for a group invite for a dragon, it's because the instance they are in a) doesn't have enough support to kill the dragon or b) the respawn timer has more time on it than they want to sit around wasting time. In either case, they would prefer to be in an instance with enough support to kill the dragon and a low amount of time until the dragon spawns. Unfortunately, most instance are not listed under the options to change to an instance. Therefore, you need a group member in that instance to transfer to it. If these individuals didn't ask for a group invite to join an "advertised" instance, people in that instance who are asking for others to help will never get their help. I would actually argue it's more annoying to see someone posting a dragon spawn over and over in chat without taking the time to invite those asking for it, as they are the ones asking for help.

Also, I'm curious what you think chat is for, since you assume that people LFG for quests, dragon kills, etc shouldn't use chat. I'd argue they are using chat correctly and as intended. The only issue I can see is the channel being used, as often people use the Zone channel instead of LFG. I don't know if all channels broadcast over all instances. If not, perhaps using zone channel is best.

Just because you have enough to kill the dragon, there are still others that need a kill/quest/etc.

Finally, having to pay for a game, or even having played D&D games in the past, isn't necessary to have fun or help others in this game. Perhaps a better attitude would better keep your good times from being impeded.
  • akapoloakapolo Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    agree with redlex's post. Just because people don't use the chat the way you think it should be used doesn't make it any less enjoyable. Allowing things like that to annoy you is what makes it sufferable for you and only you... Maybe other closed minded individuals as well.

Some one needs inv to drag? I'll inv them to group. Takes 3 seconds and I'm helping them with their farming or campaign.

As far as advertising I'll do that every chance I get. Again the whole point of dragons imo is to farm or for camps. The more people there the quicker it goes. The quicker I can get to the next drag. The more I can farm. And the quicker I can get done with that quest.

People like you ruin life in general. Get your head out of your ***.
  • gaanjaa81gaanjaa81 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    akapolo wrote: »
    Get your head out of your ***.

^ this....
    Devoted cleric rule number one = We cant cure stupidity so no heals for fools ^.^
  • lorespadelorespade Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    How to spot people who cannot work as a team......
    If you advertise for a dragon. Your job is to bring people into the instance.

24 in 5
    Change instance...... its not showing. I need an invite now. I am sure the person advertizing will invite me. Or let me shoot them an invite and move there if they accept.... invite sent... they accepted. Change instance. Hey 24 is showing now. Awesome lets kill a dragon. Or even easier.......
    INVITE ME FOR DRAGON PLEASE.
    Inv for drag
    Invite me i heal
    Invite please....
    24 in 4.
    24 is full i need invite!
    Shut up **** and change instance!!! ( the troll )

Simply put. Inviting people makes dragon killing faster.... the people asking are not lazy they are asking for you to be a team player. Dont be the troll. Being the troll shows just how much you are the ****. In MMOs your work together in PVE content. However

24 is up!
    24 is full.
    Stop advertising. Or get away from dragon and invite who you can as fast as u can and get back to the fight. Its ok to drop group after you arrived at the instance where dragon is up.

TEAM WORK GUYS.
    dont be a troll.
  • gunplummergunplummer Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2015
  • yllenyllen Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Every time (and I mean every single time) I have invited someone to drag who has asked for it, I have got the "xxxx is already in a group" message. Gets tiring.
  • xjayscxjaysc Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    yllen wrote: »
    Every time (and I mean every single time) I have invited someone to drag who has asked for it, I have got the "xxxx is already in a group" message. Gets tiring.

You'll get that message if the player has an invite message up. just means someone invited them before you. It was probably me :)

Also, to the poster complaining about broad casting when the instance is full. Most of the time I have to broad cast away from the dragon area. If I'm too close someone near me starts fighting the dragon guys in the area and all the chat stuff disappears. Hard to scroll to the names to invite.

I'll advertise a dragon till about 2mins till drop then start grabbing all the "inv please" I can. People get all butt hurt when I don't accept their invites. If I accept your invite I can't invite others because I'm not group leader. I'd have to wait till you zone in before I can drop group and resume invites.

I've invited and brought enough players to hit the instance population hard cap many times. And to the person who says you don't need that many. You're right. You don't "need" that many. but when you got 20+ attacking, sure it's laggy, but the dragon drops fast. Fastest I've seen is 2 1/2 minutes. Laggy as all get out but man it was fast.
  • mrdurvamrdurva Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Another thing people don't understand is that if you are solo the instances that have 20+ players in it won't show up. Tired of seeing people write "Stop being lazy just change instances" Only time I bother with dragons now is with dailies but even that has started to take forever because of no one sending invites or accepting invites
  • draven165draven165 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I agree with all the posts above me after the OP. I have tried asking for invites, I have tried inviting myself off the person that is spamming and it never seems to work. This makes dailies take longer than they should. Now I just randomly change instances in hopes to find a few people killing a dragon and ill jump in.

Please if you are going to spam the chat with dragon up need help, be prepared to send invites out.
  • schtick23schtick23 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Redlex makes all the points that need to be made.

Oh, also this is good advice for the OP.
    akapolo wrote: »
    Get your head out of your ***.