test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

please give us other ways to get seals of triumph even if its buying them.

syrickwolfsyrickwolf Member Posts: 102
edited June 2015 in PvP Discussion
we really need other ways to get seals of triumph even ifs its like other campaign currency's.
Post edited by syrickwolf on

Comments

• drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    They need to reinstate the reward that Rhix used to give... which was 4,000 RAD and a Seal of Triumph.

There are a lot of pros that I have seen in this Mod... and a lot of cons.

One of the cons, is a practice that people used to use to make gold in WoW, I know because I used it a few times to great success, has made it's way to NW. That has come about due to the lack of actual ways to earn AD.

I am not going to hold my breath waiting...
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • lilhamletlilhamlet Member Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    syrickwolf wrote: »
    we really need other ways to get seals of triumph even ifs its like other campaign currency's.

Hmmm.... buying triumphs... now that really would make it pay-to-win by definition wouldn't it? LOL

I actually like Seals of Triumph the way they are, I've never liked the Seal of Showing Up that the old Rhix GG quest gave.

That said, I've always wondered about systems in which the winners get access to the better gear. Doesn't that perpetuate the win streak? It would be like giving the scoring team next possession in basketball. It potentially makes things lopsided.

Maybe for gearing, they should make it only a matter of glory and a number of matches played. Instead, let Seals of Triumph be used for little extras like Transmutes, Refining Items, etc.

(Note, I have my full burning set on my main 2 toons... This is really just an opinion on balance and keeping the field competitive. i.e. I don't need any trolling about just wanting to get my gear or whatever...)
  • overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    No way, they are too easy to get as it is. GG has no leaver penalty when your team is behind a hundred points or so.

If people are quing, the ELO will match players with similar win/loss ratios. So you start in a field against others with similar gear issues and have some time to earn those seals before you are consistently put against people with full burning gear.
  • ofscourgeofscourge Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    NO, just no. my main (currently is a Pally) I enjoy those days of playing getting those seal from Grim to Burning, when those progressing is gone, how Im suppose to enjoy the progressing parts of an RPG game then?
  • overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Another thought on this: remove seals from GG and make them not bound so players can sell them on the ah. Would be a nice way to make the wins really count for the PvP player who already has full burning gear.
  • rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    if they nerfed the rank 3-4 black ice cost and increased the tenacity on the elemental black ice gear. then there'd be a suitable level 70 altnerative to farm your triumphs in. lol
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • mirrorballsmirrorballs Member Posts: 877 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    Everything's fine. No need to change what's not broken.
  • mjytreszmjytresz Member Posts: 500 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    lilhamlet wrote: »
    Hmmm.... buying triumphs... now that really would make it pay-to-win by definition wouldn't it? LOL

I actually like Seals of Triumph the way they are, I've never liked the Seal of Showing Up that the old Rhix GG quest gave.

That said, I've always wondered about systems in which the winners get access to the better gear. Doesn't that perpetuate the win streak? It would be like giving the scoring team next possession in basketball. It potentially makes things lopsided.

Maybe for gearing, they should make it only a matter of glory and a number of matches played. Instead, let Seals of Triumph be used for little extras like Transmutes, Refining Items, etc.

(Note, I have my full burning set on my main 2 toons... This is really just an opinion on balance and keeping the field competitive. i.e. I don't need any trolling about just wanting to get my gear or whatever...)

This game is already pay to win.
    Run into a Dom match with blues, R12's and highest tier artifacts and you'd still do pretty well. Grinding PvP equipment is the last semblance of f2p this game has going for it.

On another note, I support this idea. Avid PvPers started Mod 6 with 3/4 of the set anyway. My TR sure did.
    My SW, on the otherhand, waited weeks just for the Seals. Grinding glory isn't so bad, even without the pvp set, but the seals amounted to a whole new level of stupid.
    Broken mechanics, broken class designs, lack of actual content, and over zealous, bronze-age moderation?

Go Cryptic!
    PS - I quit.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Its not bad.. could be better.. 27 days, it may take up to three gg entries, but Ive never lost 3 in a row yet. There are things you can do to help your team, not much you can do if other team has 4-5 from top end guilds who can perma hold down any node they want (which always begs the question.. what are they doing there) but really another post should be made for that.
  • aroshniaroshni Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This weekend we have experienced a lot of GG matches with pugs in green who were farming glory to buy that dagger to use with the exploit to kill Tiamat...if people could do business with triumphs seal, grims or glory always would be like that.
    No way that should be allowed.
  • quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    If you're having issues getting seals you're simply slacking. With the way GG works atm it's very easy to get 1 win per day for the daily pvp quest which reward the seal. After just few days you will have enough seals for lvl70 pvp set (though you might lack glory if you dont pvp enough) but there are players selling glory boolsters, so it's not that hard after all.
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    aroshni wrote: »
    This weekend we have experienced a lot of GG matches with pugs in green who were farming glory to buy that dagger to use with the exploit to kill Tiamat...

Or maybe they were all just there to farm glory for pvp gear...Assumption is the mother of all f***-ups.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • aroshniaroshni Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    lirithiel wrote: »
    Or maybe they were all just there to farm glory for pvp gear...Assumption is the mother of all f***-ups.

Or maybe I'm right...Aren't you assuming too?
  • group5egroup5e Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Everything's fine. No need to change what's not broken.

That's your opinion. Duly noted.