test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Collection of Paladin bugs

zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
edited June 2015 in Bug Reports (PC)
  1. Oath Strike and Valorous Strike do not gain anything from ranks.
  2. Justice tree feats Flash of Light and Vengeful Judge reduce artifact cooldowns.
  3. Vow of Enmity only improves damage by 10-20% at rank 3 instead of 40%.
  4. Aura of Courage has a weird interaction with some powers and kills the user in a few seconds.
  5. Aura of Truth off-hand feature dazes attackers even if they're 80' away instead within AoT reach.
  6. Justice tree feat Echoes of Light sometimes show the buff as active but encounters do not reset cooldowns.
  7. Sanctuary takes too long to activate and sometimes won't work at all.
  8. Shield of Faith daily doesn't work at all.
  9. DC's Cleanse strips the OP of all temp hp. Removes Vow of Enmity too.
  10. The actual effects of aura of courage are [sometimes?] disabled on changing instances until unslotted and reslotted. (Not the buff icon)
  11. Justice tree feat Purifying Fire doesn't work as expected. If it's WAI, it's rather underwhelming for tier 5 feat. Also, Burning Light, which is an offensive encounter, doesn't seem to reset the stacks.
  12. Banishment makes enemy players immune in PvP, the 4s stun also can be reduced by tenacity, cc resist, deflect. This can't be right. Who would we have such a short stun with such a long cooldown and no damage that also makes players immune?
  13. Binding Oath: All enemies near the paladin should be forced to attack him for 2 seconds. It doesnt.
  14. Divine Protector: Sometimes people die, even tho you should take 100% of their dmg on to you.
  15. DR% stat increase: The DR% stat isnt updated while using: Valorous Strike, CoP, Aura of Protection, Light's Shield and Stand Fast.
  16. Prism: Prism has weird interactions with another Prism (Should be fixed soon?!)
  17. Soulforged: Soulforged enchant doesnt (always) activate on BO.

If anyone has anything to add, feel free to post. I'll be glad to add to the list.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jaegernljaegernl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    8. Shield of Faith does nothing but give you a blueish hat of floating shields. No DR.
    Isaac the Adequate - Level 70 Oath of Protection Paladin
    Aurelius the Awkward - Level 70 Pathfinder Ranger
    We have looked into reports of players experiencing connection problems and have been unable to identify any server, data center, or client-side issues. We believe this may be ISP related.
  • zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    jaegernl wrote: »
    8. Shield of Faith does nothing but give you a blueish hat of floating shields. No DR.

Tested it and yeah, it does exactly nothing. Adding to the list.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    zvieris wrote: »
    2. Justice tree feats Flash of Light and Vengeful Judge reduce artifact cooldowns.
    4. Aura of Courage has a weird interaction with some powers and kills the user in a few seconds.
    5. Aura of Truth off-hand feature dazes attackers even if they're 80' away instead within AoT reach.
    6. Justice tree feat Echoes of Light sometimes show the buff as active but encounters do not reset cooldowns.

If anyone has anything to add, feel free to post. I'll be glad to add to the list.

my artifact dont reset what the ?i have a blue devoted.
    unless if reset pt members cooldowns.
    edited May 2015
    I cant heal general op as dc i do heals like 10k with bastion never give him the missing hp.

First of all, are you sure that the Paladin is missing HP? When Paladin has temporary hp it often looks as if he's missing hp while in fact he's fully healed.
    edited May 2015
    Up! While the Shield of Faith seems to be working on Preview server, not so much about the other bugs.
    edited May 2015
    Added issue/bug no #11 and #12.
  • zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Divine Judgment at some point (prolly bd interaction with something) can overjump dmg immunity liek Steel Defense or avalanche. IT seem its abused mostly by maxed players.

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

• championshewolfchampionshewolf Member Posts: 601 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Sanctuary (Shift block) is not stopping effects from certain attacks, most notable Feywild Redcaps and Fomori witches. Most notable effects are Powerie that use that AP draining charge cannot be blocked anymore, and Fomori witches that use the AE polymorph cannot be blocked anymore.

Heroism is now wiping all temporary HP when the effect ends, making this a less than stellar daily to use while tanking.

Divine Judgment claims it hits enemies in 10' of the primary target, and divides damage equally, however it seems to require enemies nearly be stacked on top of one another before it even thinks about sharing damage as I am pretty sure that 5 enemies surrounding me would easily be 10' from the target.

Smites DoT and damage reduction effect seems to be getting resisted by enemies at odd times for no reason. Even seeing the word Immune pop up from time to time when using Smite.

7. (Observation) Sanctuary not kicking in at all seems to be related to moving. If you start moving right after you hit shift the Sanctuary seems to fail to kick in. It seems to be some sort of timing thing.

9. (Observation) It seems whenever a DC uses a power that grants Temp HP it overrides all our Temp HP as well, not just the cleansing of our Temp HP. Makes tanking epic boss fights difficult as a paladin since our primary source of protection is wiped by a DC and can't very well tell a DC to stop using their abilities either.
  • quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I think VoE works in the different way than description says. The first +20% dmg is additional bonus dmg to our total dmg, but the rank only improves the bonus dmg from the base 20% instead of increasing the value which multiply all our dmg.

so basically, if our base dmg is 100 + 20% from VoE = 120 total dmg (20 from VoE) now each rank of VoE upgrades the dmg by 10%, so at rank 4 (+30% dmg from that base 20 bonus) we get total ~126dmg.

It's probably the same with Aura of Courage.
  • highjusticarhighjusticar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0
    edited May 2015
    I was just killed by aura of courage during a dragon fight on my warlock. The powers I was using was Warlock's Bargain, Vampiric Embrace, Fiery Bolt, I have the permanent Soul Puppet who has the damage aura (bugged: It only does 47 damage when it is supposed to do 50% Weapon damage is 774-946) and the chance to put out lesser curses on target.

I watched my HP drain real fast and checked the combat log to see what it was.
    edited May 2015
    quspiv wrote: »
    I think VoE works in the different way than description says. The first +20% dmg is additional bonus dmg to our total dmg, but the rank only improves the bonus dmg from the base 20% instead of increasing the value which multiply all our dmg.

so basically, if our base dmg is 100 + 20% from VoE = 120 total dmg (20 from VoE) now each rank of VoE upgrades the dmg by 10%, so at rank 4 (+30% dmg from that base 20 bonus) we get total ~126dmg.

I don't think that's so. I noticed something weird about VoE. The increase to damage for encounters and at-wills seem to be ~10% while Divine Judgement gets damage increase as per tooltip. Quite odd.
  • aharasuaharasu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    quspiv wrote: »

I think VoE has its old pre-release ranking up, it was supposed to do - first cast applies debuff to enemy ( +20% dmg vs that target ) and second cast should do heavy damaging strike... but they changed it only to debuff...
    Ranking up says +10% damage, not +10% damage buff or something like that... check other debuffing abbilities ( Divine Glow or Break the Spirit from DC... for example)
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Member Posts: 601 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Vow of Enmity is being cleansed off of targets that it is being applied to in PvE. Kind of getting frustrating that the two classes that should definitely be syncing well are pretty counter productive right now.
  • aidek0aidek0 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    9. DC's Cleanse strips the OP of all temp hp.
    10. The actual effects of aura of courage are [sometimes?] disabled on changing instances until unslotted and reslotted. (Not the buff icon)
    11. Justice tree feat Purifying Fire doesn't work as expected. If it's WAI, it's rather underwhelming for tier 5 feat. Also, Burning Light, which is an offensive encounter, doesn't seem to reset the stacks.
    12. Banishment makes enemy players immune in PvP, the 4s stun also can be reduced by tenacity, cc resist, deflect. This can't be right. Who would we have such a short stun with such a long cooldown and no damage that also makes players immune?

Binding Oath: All enemies near the paladin should be forced to attack him for 2 seconds. It doesnt.
    Divine Protector: Sometimes people die, even tho you should take 100% of their dmg on to you.
    DR% stat increase: The DR% stat isnt updated while using: Valorous Strike, CoP, Aura of Protection, Light's Shield and Stand Fast.
    Prism: Prism has weird interactions with another Prism (Should be fixed soon?!)
    Soulforged: Soulforged enchant doesnt (always) activate on BO.

DR%: DR% seems to have a weird mathing issue. Not sure if it is just for OP's, however it does impact OP's quite a lot. Up to you to put it in your list or not. Probably forgetting some, but then I've got a reason to bump this up in the future.
  • ohsvetlanaohsvetlana Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Tested Purifying Fire working with Knights Valor, apparently there is some interaction with Either PF or AoC where it will insta kill players in PvP
  • xemnarxemnar Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Shielding Strike off-hand feature doesn't work on any other at-wills, no shield applied nor buff displayed
  • fkkmfkkm Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    xemnar wrote: »
    Shielding Strike off-hand feature doesn't work on any other at-wills, no shield applied nor buff displayed
    You mean main hand feature. It's not supposed to apply new shielding strikes, though that would be nice, only refresh them. But I did notice it wasn't doing that. This seems to be fixed either temporarily by switching to a different main hand feature and back or permanently by buying all the main hand features.
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Sanctuary (Shift block) is not stopping effects from certain attacks, most notable Feywild Redcaps and Fomori witches. Most notable effects are Powerie that use that AP draining charge cannot be blocked anymore, and Fomori witches that use the AE polymorph cannot be blocked anymore.
    Just bumping this one as it makes dailies in Sharandar a real pain. The Witches in particular are an issue as we are too slow to physically move out of the red in most cases.

On the plus side, Burning Light and our Auras continue to function while polymorphed - which can lead to some amusing scenarios as a chicken burns down a group of mobs.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • mrmauveforummrmauveforum Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Shift troubles (not only with stuff going through it, but also with going into GF mode and staying that way until releasing Shift and trying again)

Smite AoE damage doesn't do anything (it's suppose to deal the DoT to enemies within 15' of the target; no damage gets dealt)

Divine Judgement's AoE is super buggy, or ridiculously tiny; it's impossible to hit 7 targets with it, because the targets have to be occupying the same space for it to hit multiple enemies.
  • -Deko--Deko- Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    1. Justice tree feats Flash of Light and Vengeful Judge reduce artifact cooldowns.
    2. Shield of Faith daily doesn't work at all.
    3. DC's Cleanse strips the OP of all temp hp. Removes Vow of Enmity too.

If the patch notes are correct and if I'm not mistaken, these 3 can be taken down?! LF confirmation tho.
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    aidek0 wrote: »
    Binding Oath: All enemies near the paladin should be forced to attack him for 2 seconds. It doesnt.
    Divine Protector: Sometimes people die, even tho you should take 100% of their dmg on to you.
    DR% stat increase: The DR% stat isnt updated while using: Valorous Strike, CoP, Aura of Protection, Light's Shield and Stand Fast.

I have to echo these, especially the Divine Protector and Aura of Protection effects. I hadn't noticed DP not working properly until I was tanking eToS the other day and one of the CWs was getting killed reliably while it was up.

I also had the "Get killed by your Aura of Courage" thing happen tonight with a party member while in eToS..really annoying that is...
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
    Aura of Vengeance doesn't always affect the creature that is the source of the power doing damage, instead sometimes it attacks the power.

[Combat (Self)] Your Aura of Vengeance gives 0 Radiant Damage to Green Dragonfang's Entangling Roots.
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
  • -Deko--Deko- Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Bump

/10chars
  • wentriswentris Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Another:
    1. Aura of Vengeance damage reflection can proc Echoes of light, leading to constant encounters resetting, when under heavy fire.
    2. Not sure if its a bug or just weird design, but: When in combat Shielding Strike gives shield after 3rd swing, not hit, so, especially in PvP, you can just stand and hit air and have your shield constantly refreshed.
    3. Divine Protector lasts after paladin death giving pure damage immunity to all alive team members, since there is nobody to redirect it to. HOWEVER if Paladin dies while under DP and is resurrected while its effect is still up - he takes redirected damage but no longer has DP buff on himself = no 80% less damage taken which usually leads to instant death. Rephrase it to make it fit nicely in the list :D

Also, 2,8,9,16 are fixed
    Post edited by wentris on
    I have been running into a problem in the last 24 hours in dungeons where I will be going fine and then suddenly start taking a vast amount of damage and drop within seconds. Because I then get revived by another party member I don't have time to be able to look at the log to figure out what just happened, so I'm not sure if there is a DC power clearing my Temps or if its the DR failing bug. (It only happens when teamed with DCs and I've seen Astral Shield applied when it happens, though I couldn't be sure it is related to AS).

Another:
    When you first enter a boss fight and the cut scene has just finished if you activate Divine Protector it will drain your AP, put the blue bubble around you but not link to your team mates and not provide the 80% DR to you. Waiting a 3 count to activate removes this problem, but it shouldn't exist.
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
  • marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    I have been running into a problem in the last 24 hours in dungeons where I will be going fine and then suddenly start taking a vast amount of damage and drop within seconds. Because I then get revived by another party member I don't have time to be able to look at the log to figure out what just happened, so I'm not sure if there is a DC power clearing my Temps or if its the DR failing bug. (It only happens when teamed with DCs and I've seen Astral Shield applied when it happens, though I couldn't be sure it is related to AS).

Another:
    When you first enter a boss fight and the cut scene has just finished if you activate Divine Protector it will drain your AP, put the blue bubble around you but not link to your team mates and not provide the 80% DR to you. Waiting a 3 count to activate removes this problem, but it shouldn't exist.

If you use courage in pve or pvp it will kill you from reactive damage on mobs or players. Whenever somebody is immune to the damage it procs on you instead + some reflective sources will also make it go into a loop and kill you.

If you have a gf in party it can also kill you if gf is using reflective abilitys/powers/items setting up a resonance field that will not only kill you but others in party.

Some other auras will also interfear in this matter.

Best