test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Change Dungeon Loot Threshold

rhapsodicalrhapsodical Member Posts: 2 Arc User
Seriously it should be set to Blue or higher you roll on them. Greens are not worth rolling on 50 times a dungeon. Plus at times it takes up the screen that I am looking at when people loot.
Post edited by rhapsodical on

Comments

• Options
    strictlyevilstrictlyevil Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I somewhat agree with this. Greens are valuable to some who don't have dragon hoard enchantments and rely on greens & blues to level up their artifact gear.

I like your idea, though I do have a bit of a twist on it. I say allow this option on a player by player basis instead of by dungeon.

What I mean is that as a player you would have the choice of what rarity you will be allowed to roll on and anything below that threshold will automatically be passed on and not show up on screen. This way everyone that wants their greens can have them and no one else has to be bothered.

And of course you would be able to change which rarity level you see at any time.
    Ancient 18.8k CW | Ancient Heals 18k DC | Ancient Tank 22.2k GF | GT: XGC Army
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    wanderingkyngwanderingkyng Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I somewhat agree with this. Greens are valuable to some who don't have dragon hoard enchantments and rely on greens & blues to level up their artifact gear.

I like your idea, though I do have a bit of a twist on it. I say allow this option on a player by player basis instead of by dungeon.

What I mean is that as a player you would have the choice of what rarity you will be allowed to roll on and anything below that threshold will automatically be passed on and not show up on screen. This way everyone that wants their greens can have them and no one else has to be bothered.

And of course you would be able to change which rarity level you see at any time.
    A wise plan. I hope they implement it.
  • Options
    thezer0fluxthezer0flux Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'd rather they go to a system where each player gets his or her own loot. If it drops for you, it's yours. That eliminates the need for all loot rolls and gives each player the ability to control when and if the loot dialog even pops up. Oh, and since no one can "steal" loot from others, a personal loot system removes one of the (stupid) reasons people kick as an added bonus.
  • Options
    strictlyevilstrictlyevil Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'd rather they go to a system where each player gets his or her own loot. If it drops for you, it's yours. That eliminates the need for all loot rolls and gives each player the ability to control when and if the loot dialog even pops up. Oh, and since no one can "steal" loot from others, a personal loot system removes one of the (stupid) reasons people kick as an added bonus.

It's due to the addictive nature of the gamble. It's the reason people can stand to play games like this for long periods of time like with these games even when new content isn't being introduced. If it went with a personal loot system the gambling feature would be removed and the addictive draw would be lost to a lot of players. It's nothing more than a marketing tool.
    Ancient 18.8k CW | Ancient Heals 18k DC | Ancient Tank 22.2k GF | GT: XGC Army
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    thezer0fluxthezer0flux Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It's due to the addictive nature of the gamble. It's the reason people can stand to play games like this for long periods of time like with these games even when new content isn't being introduced. If it went with a personal loot system the gambling feature would be removed and the addictive draw would be lost to a lot of players. It's nothing more than a marketing tool.
    I'm not so sure because there's still the element of chance. To be clear, when I say personal loot, I don't mean you're guaranteed drops. I mean that if something drops (and the drop rates could certainly change), you get it -- just like if you were running solo. It's about eliminating the need for the roll system, not eliminating the hope/suspense cycle that keeps people grinding. I've seen it work successfully in other games (most recently a certain console space shooter by a company with a bouncy/stretchy name), so maybe it could work here and possibly fix a couple problems lots of people complain about.
  • Options
    rhapsodicalrhapsodical Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2015

I honestly believe you would on average get more green gear if it was just like white drops in dungeons. If i am trying to level up my artifact I go dragon areas and mass kill for fast green weapons and blues. Especially at max level. Greens are meant as nothing but trash fodder for the most part unless materials.
  • Options
    seriphim7408seriphim7408 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Seriously it should be set to Blue or higher you roll on them. Greens are not worth rolling on 50 times a dungeon. Plus at times it takes up the screen that I am looking at when people loot.

I so agree with this. Sometimes it blocks all the action and I get tired of seeing it pop up all the time.