test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How and Why is PVP still active?

marklindopmarklindop Member Posts: 10 Arc User
edited May 2015 in PvP Discussion
I don't understand why "Trolls" can Trash talk a group after they obviously won, They sit there and type "you suck" etc when we have 0% chance of winning being 2/5 of our team is offline, which brings me to the MAIN BUG of the game.. Why if you go Away for 1 minute in PVP you get kicked But if you Click "change Character" Put a 9:30 minute Countdown on your Phone, you can actually Log over to a Alt, do afew missions etc then Log back over (Still in the PVP) To claim your XP, this is outragous for people who play PVP to win and how can we win when its 3v5. No we are the ones left being taking all the abuse has they are lvling a alt.. There is no way this game had testers the amount of Bugs and problems.

So if your in a Game with someone and they Disconnect 1 min in, But some reason reconnects Back at the last few seconds please Block and report them untill the Buttons fall off your pad because its these people who will destroy this game into no one playing it.. Dont get me wrong, there are worse problems then someone exploiting a glitch to make us lose yet still get Honor and lvl a Alt and that is a Rogue, But it still doesnt solve anything.. Now every PVP match is Someones offline lvling a Alt and If not.. Rogues are 1 shotting you.. I cannot believe how badly this game is programmed. The Team who made this game are nothing more then idiots.

My main problem when it comes to ANY game with PVP is 2 rules, No "Pay to WIN" or Unbalanced classes.. These are the 2 Rules PVP is based on.. 1 can break a game but How the Hell does never winter have PVP players when they Ignore both of these rules.. You can Pay £100's, convert to AD, buy all the Legendary gear you want and destroy in PVP.. And I dont need say anything about Balance.. With CW massive damage and CC, Rogues teleport, CC, 1 shot.. DC 1 shot Heal. Classes like GF, GWF and sometimes Hunters dont stand a chance in PVP..
Post edited by marklindop on

Comments

• reallyreconreallyrecon Member Posts: 170 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    marklindop wrote: »
    And I dont need say anything about Balance.. With CW massive damage and CC, Rogues teleport, CC, 1 shot.. DC 1 shot Heal. Classes like GF, GWF and sometimes Hunters dont stand a chance in PVP..

Wait... you're telling me I have a heal that can one-shot people?
    Recon - 60 Cleric
    Gamertag: ReallyRecon
  • celicoscelicos Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Every class can be viable as long as it's played properly. Sure you can pay to have a better chance, but ultimately there's still classes that can destroy overgeared players if played right. GWF/GF/SW are about the only classes that really get gimped from the start, but once they get gear or play with other classes that benefit them (SW needing that astral shield), they will do fine.
  • matrod14matrod14 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I was going to say - I don't think you can pay to win with this one.
  • marklindopmarklindop Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Ya but Tenacity has No effect on this game.. I have done so Much testing with its stat ive completely prove its useless.. even with the same group im fighting, ive changed my gear, over and over testing Tenacity over PVE gear and a 10k Hit is still the same, No matter the Tancity.. ive tested it... Ive even tested it with the duration of CC, and it doesnt effect it at all. It does nothing.. At least to GF it doesn't..
  • munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Ya but Tenacity has No effect on this game.. I have done so Much testing with its stat ive completely prove its useless.. even with the same group im fighting, ive changed my gear, over and over testing Tenacity over PVE gear and a 10k Hit is still the same, No matter the Tancity.. ive tested it... Ive even tested it with the duration of CC, and it doesnt effect it at all. It does nothing.. At least to GF it doesn't..

The only true way to test it would be during a scheduled 1 vs 1. With one encounter at a time, and multiple times.

Tenacity absolutely does work. I know because I can immediately tell fighting someone with none. Deft Strike has never been considered a hard hitting encounter for a TR, but I hit for 20k+ sometimes on folks with poor gear and no Tenacity.

You have to remember that even after all the math from debuffs, and crit chance, and defense and Armor Pen are weighed in, NW still has a large "Chance and Luck" factor when calculating damage.
  • lazyaxus111lazyaxus111 Member Posts: 65
    edited May 2015

You should watch our GF Vader, very good GF. He streams under Iron Lotus PvP Shred on twitch. You really should check out his channel if he streams during our duels. Granted he's at 18.5k GS in PVP gear but his damage output to survivability ratio is very high. On my rogue at 17.9gs (I'm not a survival regen spec yet, can't afford it) but even with 40 something deflect, 2k defense, 800 tenacity, 30k HP he can drop me in two combos if he catches me.
    Aeneas/Einherjar/No Skill
    (Iron Lotus)
    Dragon Born Rouge GS 17.6k in Profound

Not to be confused with Rogue, I truly am the red makeup women put on their cheeks.
  • shoukonsshoukons Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm assuming you're running a GF since you spoke of testing tenacy on a GF.

Tenacity does a great deal for my GF. I've sat and tested this in 1v1 scenarios to get the data. If you're undergeared, compared to your opponents, being a GF blows. If you're constantly letting people behind you to CC, GF is a nightmare. Once you get the gear and take the time to farm for refinements, wait for double refinement days to refine your gear, save up your AD, save the purples you get and salvage them on double AD days, farm dungeons with a group, do all your dailies, save up all your glory for the proper gear and spec in mind, evoke on all your toons, study the other classes to understand when to let your guard down etc etc you will excel as a GF.

Vader is the best DPS GF I've seen so if you're looking to be more damage than tanky check him our and his stream as suggested. He knocks people out.

If you're looking to tank 1-5 people at a node for ridiculously long times and be a support member for your team you can check out my stream and we can talk about skills/boons/feats/tactics etc. twitch.tv/IEatCivics

With a GF you have to be really dedicated and put in a lot of work on the up hill battle for it's a super gear/skill dependent class. You can have the best everything gear and if you just let people cc you from the back you're useless to your team. If you block everything correctly, but run out of guard quickly and have low defense/tenacity because your gear isn't so great you're not doing so great for your team.
    Node Troll
  • blueberry1973blueberry1973 Member Posts: 58
    edited May 2015
    celicos wrote: »
    Every class can be viable as long as it's played properly. Sure you can pay to have a better chance, but ultimately there's still classes that can destroy overgeared players if played right. GWF/GF/SW are about the only classes that really get gimped from the start, but once they get gear or play with other classes that benefit them (SW needing that astral shield), they will do fine.

This is relatively true but frankly TR and CW are so overpowered it ruins the game type. I typically judge content based on the average opinion of friends. All of them hate pvp. The only ones who enjoy it are TR buddies. The others are either leveling up a TR specifically for pvp or not bothering.

TR and CW need a severe nerf for pvp to be a dynamic and fun experience for the plurality of the player base.

A few pvp guilds filled with no skill TR and CW does not mean pvp is thriving. Rather a bunch of no skill clowns picked easy mode OP Classes and are to stupid to realize they are only good due to poor game design.

I admit a GF is great for holding a point but even then the no skills will easy mode to a win given time.
  • krad777krad777 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This is relatively true but frankly TR and CW are so overpowered it ruins the game type. I typically judge content based on the average opinion of friends. All of them hate pvp. The only ones who enjoy it are TR buddies. The others are either leveling up a TR specifically for pvp or not bothering.

TR and CW need a severe nerf for pvp to be a dynamic and fun experience for the plurality of the player base.

A few pvp guilds filled with no skill TR and CW does not mean pvp is thriving. Rather a bunch of no skill clowns picked easy mode OP Classes and are to stupid to realize they are only good due to poor game design.

I admit a GF is great for holding a point but even then the no skills will easy mode to a win given time.

If you feel CW's are OP then you should be glad that there's only a handful that actually know what they are doing in pvp. If you're getting destroyed by the average CW using skills such as Conduit of ice, then you need to take a break from pvping and do some research on your class and strategies to combat classes such as TR's and CW's since you're so distraught over those two classes.
    "An Idle mind is the devils workshop"
  • blueberry1973blueberry1973 Member Posts: 58
    edited May 2015
    krad777 wrote: »
    If you feel CW's are OP then you should be glad that there's only a handful that actually know what they are doing in pvp. If you're getting destroyed by the average CW using skills such as Conduit of ice, then you need to take a break from pvping and do some research on your class and strategies to combat classes such as TR's and CW's since you're so distraught over those two classes.

I have a much better fix for the community. Nerf TR and CW so the majority of the community can enjoy pvp. You inferred from no where that the CW were bad and made a stupid assumption that adapting is the solution to your OP class. Sorry but broken is broken.

TR and CW need an immediate nerf. Bottom line.
  • krad777krad777 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I have a much better fix for the community. Nerf TR and CW so the majority of the community can enjoy pvp. You inferred from no where that the CW were bad and made a stupid assumption that adapting is the solution to your OP class. Sorry but broken is broken.

TR and CW need an immediate nerf. Bottom line.

I'm curious, what are your stats looking like? HP? Tenacity? Gear?

You talk a lot about classes being OP or "broken" but have yet to divulge any information regarding your class or stats.

And I'm not gonna defend the CW class on why it shouldn't be nerfed, I honestly don't care. Your opinion, as whiny as it is, is your own.
    "An Idle mind is the devils workshop"
    edited May 2015
    krad777 wrote: »
    I'm curious, what are your stats looking like? HP? Tenacity? Gear?

You talk a lot about classes being OP or "broken" but have yet to divulge any information regarding your class or stats.

And I'm not gonna defend the CW class on why it shouldn't be nerfed, I honestly don't care. Your opinion, as whiny as it is, is your own.

He won't post them, which is hilarious. I also find it quite funny that he has zero disdain for HR's who aren't exactly hurting in the current state of PVP. In fact, in Pre-made Vs Pre-made 15k GS + with tenacity and good builds... I have seen every single class perform a function effectively. GWF and SW need some help IMO (or maybe TR just counters them too well atm IdK, but even still, Gannicus, Jesus, Maleficient to name a few, still do well).

The guy is mad at TR's and CW's for some reason, and he has resulted in trolling the forums to show his disdain. I'm curious Blue, if you ever thought about devoting more time to getting good (or working some OT and buying some skill on the Zen market) as opposed to making semi coherent posts on the forums.
    (Iron Lotus)

Not to be confused with Rogue, I truly am the red makeup women put on their cheeks.
  • azuosed89azuosed89 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I can understand complaint against TRs. but CWs are perfectly fine... lol
    Gannicus GWF PvP
    DENIAL
    edited May 2015
    azuosed89 wrote: »
    I can understand complaint against TRs. but CWs are perfectly fine... lol

People can complain about TR all they want, but the fact is... if I'm making a premade group, then I'm going to fill one slot with a perma-stealth rogue for point contention and then it's HR>Rogue all day. I'm not saying TR's don't need some kind of nerf or restructure by any means though.

The only time I could see a rogue fulfilling any other role that couldn't be done better is a skullcracker assisting on main targets such as a cleric, or as an assist roam on points for easier kills with their lock down.

EDIT: Oh yeah obligatory nerf SOD glitch because with that they can pretty much kill anything unassisted.
    (Iron Lotus)

• evillemyevillemy Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I don't understand why "Trolls" can Trash talk a group after they obviously won, They sit there and type "you suck" etc when we have 0% chance of winning being 2/5 of our team is offline, which brings me to the MAIN BUG of the game.. Why if you go Away for 1 minute in PVP you get kicked But if you Click "change Character" Put a 9:30 minute Countdown on your Phone, you can actually Log over to a Alt, do afew missions etc then Log back over (Still in the PVP) To claim your XP, this is outragous for people who play PVP to win and how can we win when its 3v5. No we are the ones left being taking all the abuse has they are lvling a alt.. There is no way this game had testers the amount of Bugs and problems.

So if your in a Game with someone and they Disconnect 1 min in, But some reason reconnects Back at the last few seconds please Block and report them untill the Buttons fall off your pad because its these people who will destroy this game into no one playing it.. Dont get me wrong, there are worse problems then someone exploiting a glitch to make us lose yet still get Honor and lvl a Alt and that is a Rogue, But it still doesnt solve anything.. Now every PVP match is Someones offline lvling a Alt and If not.. Rogues are 1 shotting you.. I cannot believe how badly this game is programmed. The Team who made this game are nothing more then idiots.

My main problem when it comes to ANY game with PVP is 2 rules, No "Pay to WIN" or Unbalanced classes.. These are the 2 Rules PVP is based on.. 1 can break a game but How the Hell does never winter have PVP players when they Ignore both of these rules.. You can Pay £100's, convert to AD, buy all the Legendary gear you want and destroy in PVP.. And I dont need say anything about Balance.. With CW massive damage and CC, Rogues teleport, CC, 1 shot.. DC 1 shot Heal. Classes like GF, GWF and sometimes Hunters dont stand a chance in PVP..

The wizard type class is supposed to have massive DPS as they have the weakest armour, play any other MMOs and you will see a common theme in the rouge and wizard type class.

No need to nerf my friend you just need to learn to play.
  • jerkstolemytagjerkstolemytag Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    My biggest issue with PvP is that it doesn't balance the teams. At all.

Nor does it make any sense that Gear Score is not taken into account. The devs obviously recognized that GS makes a big difference in PvE, so why wouldn't it matter in PvP? The fact is that GS matters a whole bunch, because GS reflects a player's capabilities. GS's between 6500 and ~12,000 mark significant improvement to stats as the number goes up. There's no reason that a person with GS >10,000 should fight against people with scores higher than that. The stat difference is too great.

And something else the OP mentioned is stop-on. It's ridiculous that a person can sit there idle and not be removed from game. It only hurts the people actually trying to play by making it impossible to removed players that aren't playing.

Lastly, and the most asinine, is the reward system afterward. Given that the teams are rarely balanced, penalizing the losing team regardless of whether the players stay or leave is f*cked up. If you stay during a game that you very obviously cannot win, you earn nothing (literally, you can get nothing, no matter how hard you try). If you want to leave, then you're banned from queuing for 30 minutes. How does this even remotely make sense? It doesn't matter which, but one or the other needs to be fixed. If you're going to ban people for quitting, then reward those who stay, even if they're going to lose. Punishing both is a total <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> move.
  • xmeanseason305xxmeanseason305x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015

You are absolutely clueless.... We've tested tenacity over a year and a half....
    And it does work... I dont know what you think its supposed to doing for you however and that might be the confusion in your case....
    You have to remember certain stats which counter certain stats... Control bonus vs control resistance... Damg resistance an vs resistance ignored... Armor pen plus other debuffs such as a cw's ray of enfeeble... Plaguefire debuff etc... Alot of this facotrs in... Please dont post nonsense . One misconception i see alot of players doing is prioritizing all into tenacity.... Past 900 tenacity u should continue to itemize hp, deflect, regen, tons of other secondary survival stats....
  • reallyreconreallyrecon Member Posts: 170 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    jdnutz wrote: »
    i dont know if CWs are perfectly fine, some CW builds are totally op..........................i only pvp for daily glory and spent most of last week in pvp so i could get 24000 for the artifact, i had a pve build and was getting owned, after a respec and making sure i had focused wizardry feat maxed, ice knife and ice rays maxed, i now kinda of own, with no tenacity gear..................if i took neverwinter pvp serious and saved for t3 tenacity gear, i would make noobs cry.

That's the beauty of it though, you're more than likely getting matched up against teams that are also running with no Tenacity gear and using PvE builds, etc. It's nice that you realize how important it is that you have a PvP centered build, because a lot of complaints are invariably from those people who think they can queue up with a PvE spec and PvE gear and still compete; it's impossible, so they immediately blame class balance and call for nerfs.

The fact that you're doing well in pub games against people who aren't built for PvP or have no Tenacity says nothing about how competitive your CW build is. Anyone can hop into a pub match and own kids who have no gear or PvP experience. I play with some of the best CWs on Xbox and none of them are OP. I've seen them <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> on kids... and I've seen them get absolutely wrecked. In competitive premade games it's not about your class and it's not your gear - it's about how well you know the capabilities of each class and the things you need to avoid or counter, and timing.
    Recon - 60 Cleric
    Gamertag: ReallyRecon