test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anyone having Rank 3 success issues with Jewelcrafting?

lilhamletlilhamlet Member Posts: 260 Arc User
edited May 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
I've got all epic tools giving a 60% chance of success for a Rank 3 item. On the last 5 attempts at a level 25 Gemmed Ring, all of them have failed. All these attempts were made in the last week.

Is this just a bad string of luck or is everyone failing this right now?

Thanks.
Post edited by lilhamlet on

Comments

• suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The chance for this streak happening is about 1%: 0.4^5 = 0.01024.

Tough luck, but still within the yellow range...
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yeah RNG is dodgy as f***. I too failed five times in a row when attempting to craft lvl 25 rings.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Eeep. Sorry guys. I borrowed 2 mithral tools, and used my own 2.. (4 purples) and got a level 25 ring w arpen on my first and only try. =X

(I had already bought my first) .. so my gemmed success rate is 100% and i'mma leave it that way. ;D
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • luskantraderluskantrader Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    YES. Definitely having issues with success across multiple characters. AND one on a different account. It has NOT been 60 percent success rate. I've had more than twice the amount of failures than successes. So many dragon eggs and aggregates wasted it's ***ing sickening. Can't recoup even 20 percent of the materials cost from the garbage results at all since eggs shot up to over 80k now.

I'm convinced that it's either bugged or has been clocked down intentionally.