test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What is your opinion of unrefined salvage exchange?

majnumbthumbs1majnumbthumbs1 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
I salvaged a few items today, ill get my diamonds throughout the next event. While I respect the 24k limit, I now understand how people get ad backlogged. I would gladly salvage at 60% even 50% value if i could receive my diamonds on the spot, refined, and not toward my daily limit. OR, let us purchase items from the wondrous bazaar with unrefined diamonds for 10% more than the refined cost. LOVING THE GAME SO FAR, THANKS. 60GF, 12SW,54GWF,10CW
Post edited by majnumbthumbs1 on

Comments

• Options
    tojoptojop Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Here's a tip which may be obvious, but didn't occur to me until someone told me a week ago: only salvage Character Bound items on your main, send everything else to your alts. There's no level requirement to salvage, and this can help alleviate the RAD backlog.
  • Options
    majnumbthumbs1majnumbthumbs1 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Awesome advice!!! Ty.
  • Options
    strictlyevilstrictlyevil Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I do this as well on all my alts. It works too well if you have a lot of alts like myself as I actually have to hunt for items to salvage since I run out of RAD on my main.
    Ancient 18.8k CW | Ancient Heals 18k DC | Ancient Tank 22.2k GF | GT: XGC Army
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    stiehl9sstiehl9s Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    That is great advise. Appreciated.
  • Options
    sinibytesinibyte Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    If it lists on the AH for similar salvage value, I put it on the AH. Someone gets a deal, and I get AD. If AH has lowball buyouts, I salvage (on alts - because I have about 150k backlog RAD). The great thing about putting on the AH is that if a player needs the gear, they can get it - better geared players make for a better community - if they want to salvage they can do that as well.
  • Options
    spyg0atspyg0at Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I have over 160,000 unrefined AD. All from salvage of character bound items from T2 chests. Can't sell them on the AH, they can't be traded. I don't need gold, have tons of it already, so I salvage and deal with the wait. It's all you can do unless they change the system.
    2.5K DC PVP & PVE <Q-Snipe>
  • Options
    greatg1gintheskygreatg1ginthesky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I have 400k unrefined, and I'm sure there are others with much more than me. So whilst it's frustrating not being able to refine them in 1 go, I can see why it is that way. It would cause a sudden influx of AD, and the market would go crazy. As it is, the market balances out.. but with no limit, prices for things would be all over the place.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,301 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    spyg0at wrote: »
    I have over 160,000 unrefined AD. All from salvage of character bound items from T2 chests. Can't sell them on the AH, they can't be traded. I don't need gold, have tons of it already, so I salvage and deal with the wait. It's all you can do unless they change the system.

One week of summer vacation (without playing the game) will clear them out. :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    strictlyevilstrictlyevil Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Once I get over 500k RAD I usually just sell the epics for gold to a vendor or use them for RP until I need more RAD. Generally after a month or so I'll have enough gold to buy a nice item that will net me a 100k or more AD. I won't generally start salvaging again until my RAD gets down to about 100k.
    Ancient 18.8k CW | Ancient Heals 18k DC | Ancient Tank 22.2k GF | GT: XGC Army
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    spyg0atspyg0at Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Once I get over 500k RAD I usually just sell the epics for gold to a vendor or use them for RP until I need more RAD. Generally after a month or so I'll have enough gold to buy a nice item that will net me a 100k or more AD. I won't generally start salvaging again until my RAD gets down to about 100k.

I need to start doing this.
    2.5K DC PVP & PVE <Q-Snipe>