test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Something like the Foundry

agentmaryland93agentmaryland93 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
So, I read up on The Foundry (which we'll be getting some time later on) and I thought of something while waiting in a queue with a guild mate. What if there was a Wanted board? Players go into a system, choose one of the preset bad guys, choose the difficulty, and place the bounty. The bounty can be anything (so long as they have it and are willing to barter), gold, Astral Diamonds, Seals, Enchantments, Mounts, etc. They would have a cool down depending on their difficulty (Example: A bounty that is level 25 will only have a 45 minute cool down before it can be redone (unless it is taken down by the posting player) while a level 60 would have a 4 hour cool down (maybe 6 or 8?).

Yes?

No?
Post edited by agentmaryland93 on

Comments

• Options
    lvlkarmalvllvlkarmalvl Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Intrigued but perhaps I'm missing a huge point - what would the poster of said bounty get out of this? Or am I confused about who is providing the reward?
  • Options
    agentmaryland93agentmaryland93 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Intrigued but perhaps I'm missing a huge point - what would the poster of said bounty get out of this? Or am I confused about who is providing the reward?

It works like this:

Player sets up bounty on preset NPC's (Normal ADD's, Bosses, Mid Bosses, etc)
    Player provides time limit before expiration (when the bounty and reward will no longer be available)
    Player provides reward (no reward? No posting allowed)
    Other players (only 1-5 people will be able to interact with the bounty, they also share the rewards (Example: 5 players join up for a bounty that has a pay out of 10,000 Astral Diamonds, each one will be awarded 2,000 Astral Diamonds at the end of the bounty)) join up in a Bounty Queue and play out the bounty, then return to the Bounty Vendor and collect their pay. The bounty is then removed and the poster is notified that the bounty has been completed.
    Now why would people want to post Bounties? Well, posting a bounty gives them a chance to win a Rare-Epic loot item of many categories. The better the pay out for the bounty, the better the reward for them is (they only get said reward if the bounty is completed and the players get their pay).