test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

leveling is kind of fun.

finnikiafinnikia Member Posts: 29 Arc User
edited May 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
I"m only like level 17 but it's been fun so far to level, worried about endgame but fun so far.
Post edited by finnikia on

Comments

• silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    1-60 is a breeze for most classes, some are much easier then others.. then it gets bogged down by a TERRIBLE decision to gate exp to epic-ly low proportions (goes from 4-6k per quest to 1-5k (with most of those are in the 2s)
  • discoricediscorice Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Not to mention getting weaker as you go from 60-70. What a load of bollocks.
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
  • k3ll0k3ll0 Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    discorice wrote: »
    Not to mention getting weaker as you go from 60-70. What a load of bollocks.

Yeah, that's one design decision that just doesn't make any kind of sense from any perspective.
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Enjoy! The game is fun for sure - a little boring at level 70 and some bugs to be fixed, but I am hoping things get better with the next mod.

The bottom line is to HAVE FUN! :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    k3ll0 wrote: »
    Yeah, that's one design decision that just doesn't make any kind of sense from any perspective.

Man, dontcha get it? Dat's to keep out dem eeeeeeeeeevil powwah creeps...

On a more serious note:

As you'll get more power points after hitting max level, you will, in future far away, get to tick ALL those boxes. So feel free to pick every skill once and try it out. The effects are the same from Rahk 1 to 4, just the damage, debuff or duration get better by picking more boxes. So it's worthwhile to think it through whether you build a skill up or wait until later. One pick to try it won't hurt you for long...

Respeccing is somewht expensive, though...
  • draknalordraknalor Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    k3ll0 wrote: »

Each stat point becomes less worth for ever level so you need better gear to be stronger.
  • finnikiafinnikia Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    so then I guess the question is ...will the next mod make the endgame more fun or be a total blowout.
  • wlinazwlinaz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    finnikia wrote: »
    so then I guess the question is ...will the next mod make the endgame more fun or be a total blowout.

We hear the answer to this everyday, standing in the campfire in PE. Not sure where it comes from but it goes something like...

The answer is unclear, ask again later...
    juleadream wrote: »
    That line comes from the Mystagogue companion... "Answer hazy... try again later"

Yeah, that!... Hear it CONSTANTLY, think I'd remember...

Pretty much sums it up :)
  • juleadreamjuleadream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    That line comes from the Mystagogue companion... "Answer hazy... try again later"
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Know what USED to be fun while leveling..?

DUNGEONS!

Orcs: Sorry, cloak tower closed. Your fun in another castle.
  • adisonmakadisonmak Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    On a more serious note:

As you'll get more power points after hitting max level, you will, in future far away, get to tick ALL those boxes. So feel free to pick every skill once and try it out. The effects are the same from Rahk 1 to 4, just the damage, debuff or duration get better by picking more boxes. So it's worthwhile to think it through whether you build a skill up or wait until later. One pick to try it won't hurt you for long...

Respeccing is somewht expensive, though...
    Need confirmation of this one because yesterday, i exceed my 2nd overflow exp and i did not receive any power points. Only receive 30k AD (Raw)... I can't recall if i ever receive power point on my 1st overflow exp. As of this moment, i have 76 power points in total on my main...

so, bug or WAI ?
  • finnikiafinnikia Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    wlinaz wrote: »
    We hear the answer to this everyday, standing in the campfire in PE. Not sure where it comes from but it goes something like...

The answer is unclear, ask again later...

Yeah, that!... Hear it CONSTANTLY, think I'd remember...

Pretty much sums it up :)

This really is what bums me out, I'm sure it does everyone else, but leveling a character to end game only for it to suck would well, suck.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    adisonmak wrote: »
    Need confirmation of this one because yesterday, i exceed my 2nd overflow exp and i did not receive any power points. Only receive 30k AD (Raw)... I can't recall if i ever receive power point on my 1st overflow exp. As of this moment, i have 76 power points in total on my main...

so, bug or WAI ?

It's random. Sometimes you get a power point, sometimes you get just a peridot
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    finnikia wrote: »

...depends on your definition of fun, I guess...
    adisonmak wrote: »

so, bug or WAI ?

WAI... ...look around this game, and see: Whenever you'd expect to get something it can almost always be a dud, too. I feel the overall chance is 50-65% for a Power Point. The worst streak I remember was 4 blanks in a row there. But that was in Mod 4/5 and chances might've changed.

And re. 76 PP: Before Mod 6, there were 81 tickboxes, and I had 2 chars with 81 Power Points picked. So I suspect the new limit will be 128...
  • k3ll0k3ll0 Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    draknalor wrote: »
    Each stat point becomes less worth for ever level so you need better gear to be stronger.

I understand perfectly well how it works, thanks. The point is that's grossly counterintuitive for character progression; you literally become weaker by gaining a level.

That's just ball-punchingly stupid and violates the basic logic of RPG progression.
  • adisonmakadisonmak Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It's random. Sometimes you get a power point, sometimes you get just a peridot
    WAI... ...look around this game, and see: Whenever you'd expect to get something it can almost always be a dud, too. I feel the overall chance is 50-65% for a Power Point. The worst streak I remember was 4 blanks in a row there. But that was in Mod 4/5 and chances might've changed.
    And re. 76 PP: Before Mod 6, there were 81 tickboxes, and I had 2 chars with 81 Power Points picked. So I suspect the new limit will be 128...
    i see. acknowledged. i thought it was bug or something. premod6 i keep getting the power points... guess im just very lucky that time. Welppp... i guess i'll just go level my alt then, since nothing much to do on my main anymore other than grinding boons and 6k RAD dailies. The amount of exp needed (at least for me) is just not worth the time for chance based reward. Thanks for clarification.