test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"Lag" Low FPS / Freezing (video examples provided)

fireballs69fireballs69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Bug Reports (Xbox One)
Fix the lag!!! Not sure if it is a network issue or a game optimization problem but it is getting old FAST!! (I have 100Mbs down and 10Mbs up no lag in any other games and I am hardwired) I'm not sure what or how this game plays in your testing labs but here is a few videos of what it is like for us so you can get an idea of just how bad it is and what we the players are facing constantly!
Dying because of lag in a single player instance.
http://bit.ly/1Kd9xwf
http://bit.ly/1L9CTJM

Then dungeons that are so laggy we can't really play them.
http://bit.ly/1FfNfFZ
http://bit.ly/1IEo9nZ
Post edited by fireballs69 on

Comments

• daztripdaztrip Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Agreed. I'm getting tired of the lag issue now. Tired of having to use potions and healing kits because the developers are lazy coders. Starting to think this game is an opportunistic cash cow.
  • coolgioucoolgiou Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm glad in a way I'm not the only the freezing is terrible
  • theapostletheapostle Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    If you're experiencing lag, log out and log back in. Granted, it's not a very good workaround since the lag will return like 10-20 minutes later but it's something. >_>
  • theungodlytheungodly Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I could provide just the exact same type of videos. This game is so broken and they can't blame the users connection. Often my friends experience the same 3-4 fps or 20 seconds "i will be dead" freeze frame, even tho they're located somewhere else with a different connection ...obviously.
    I've been b*tching about this since release and things just seems to get even worse.
    5-6 people fighting a dragon - works pretty okay, most of the times.
    20 people fighting a dragon - unplayable.

This game, or/and the hardware in the XBOX, can't handle what's going on. The game gets "tired" and worse after playing for a while.
    I really doubt that this will change. People obviously still plays. People obviously gladly pays for the new "cool" mounts and companions.

Edit: Here's some videos (hope the links work.)

http://bit.ly/1LhpPSq

http://bit.ly/1GmpG0e
    HR - "The Ungodly"
    DC - "The Unholy"
    Guild: Ruthless
  • dreampagehundreampagehun Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I think this is the biggest problem with the game right now. It's either the game engine or the server infrastructure that can't handle the action. Either way, the game is technically unplayable a lot of times. Heroic Encounters (dragons), Epic Dungeons (especially boss battles) and sometimes even normal dungeons and every area. The freezes are sometimes more than 15-20 seconds long. Extremely frustrating.
    Guardian Fighter | Total Item Level: 2600+
  • wherefockswherefocks Member Posts: 9
    edited May 2015
    I think this is the biggest problem with the game right now. It's either the game engine or the server infrastructure that can't handle the action. Either way, the game is technically unplayable a lot of times. Heroic Encounters (dragons), Epic Dungeons (especially boss battles) and sometimes even normal dungeons and every area. The freezes are sometimes more than 15-20 seconds long. Extremely frustrating.

The lag and also the kicking are the two biggest issues in this game right now.
  • thezer0fluxthezer0flux Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It's either the game engine or the server infrastructure that can't handle the action.
    Or it's latency (the real cause of lag), which could be on your end.
  • rj32srj32s Member Posts: 10
    edited May 2015
    The lag has gotten progressively worse. Not sure if its increasing with new players or what, but its so bad. I have a few guild members who have stopped playing the last few days because its unplayable.
    edited May 2015

I don't think so. I would normally agree, but its too widespread for it to be high latency. It has to be insufficient processing power on their end. Or the console.
    edited May 2015

I highly doubt it as this problem affects everyone without an exception. So it must be the game somehow. The Xbox One is more than capable of running a game with graphics like this quite well, it's enough to look at other games. No game in the world has such a bad framerate. I hope that the developers know what causes this and also that they plan to improve it.
  • zaknafyenzaknafyen Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Although I agree, for some, that end-user latency can be an issue, for the most part, it's the Neverwinter servers or game itself.

In any game I've played in the last 3 months (Destiny, CoD, Titanfall, Diablo 3, GTA) never do I experience lag, horribly low framerate, screen/game locks or even disconnects. Further, only with Neverwinter have I ever needed to restart my modem. Additionally, something about the way my connection combined with Xbox Live and Neverwinter's servers communicate with each other, causes me to drop my wired connection while my wifi connection is running just fine.
  • theungodlytheungodly Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited May 2015

I see you keep writing this in the forum, but that doesn't make sense in this case.
    If every other online game works fine with very little or no lag, why is Neverwinter the only game that suffers from this extremely ridiculous unplayable horrible lag/freezing? And i'm talking about all time worst game lag/freeze from OG Xbox to 360 to XO.
    When my friends are experiencing the exact same lag/freezing at the exact same moment, no matter which country they live in, could it really be on the users end then?

It's definitely not on the users end and if it somehow is, it's still the game that's broken, badly coded, badly optimized, badly whatever. If you have to restart you modem, restart you game, restart your xbox to make it somewhat less laggy, it's the game/console that's bad but probably the game in this case.
    HR - "The Ungodly"
    DC - "The Unholy"
    Guild: Ruthless
  • davril77davril77 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Ever think that maybe it's just the XBox video cards that are overloaded? Generally in PC MMO's there is an option to turn down spell effects which greatly help frame rates. I think there would be an improvement in boss fights and other encounters if we had this option for the console version.
  • strictlyevilstrictlyevil Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I highly doubt it's the video card or even has anything to do with the Xbox hardware. Graphics issues don't cause rubber banding or cause your encounter, at-will and daily powers to not register when they cool down. That's all latency and since it happens at matching moments across the board it can't be singled out as the ISP either. It's most definitely something on the developers side. Anyone who's played the game enough and has worked server management can tell you that.
    Ancient 18.8k CW | Ancient Heals 18k DC | Ancient Tank 22.2k GF | GT: XGC Army
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • trappy1026trappy1026 Member Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    It gets horribly embarrassingly terribly sadly dishearteningly worse every week. Every "maintenance" they do does nothing but add more items to the Zen store and muck up my gameplay experience because of the horrible lag. It's honestly very pathetic.

"The saddest thing in life is wasted talent."
    edited May 2015
    trappy1026 wrote: »
    It gets horribly embarrassingly terribly sadly dishearteningly worse every week. Every "maintenance" they do does nothing but add more items to the Zen store and muck up my gameplay experience because of the horrible lag. It's honestly very pathetic.

I agree, its getting worse, which would even further justify it being a server issue as more people are playing.
    edited May 2015
    trappy1026 wrote: »

To be honest I don't find it being worse every week. It's just as bad as it has ever been which is sad enough in itself. Perhaps there are more freezes for several seconds, but the framerate is the same. The same low...
  • trappy1026trappy1026 Member Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    To be honest I don't find it being worse every week. It's just as bad as it has ever been which is sad enough in itself. Perhaps there are more freezes for several seconds, but the framerate is the same. The same low...

It's not the framerate that pisses me off, I can deal with that, I won't die. The freezes literally kill my character and seem to happen at the most inopportune times.
    edited May 2015
    This is a video I captured yesterday. And it applies to almost every Heroic Encounter in the game. It was almost unplayable. The video was not altered in any form. Note that I had to run away from the fight just in order to leave the group because the game was so unresponsive.

Here is the video: https://youtu.be/_7pbTgNgw8s
  • dammyluckdammyluck Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Well schools out or getting out so expect to see it get wayyy worse. Think they need more servers and then add in regional servers to cut down on the lag.