test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tired of reporting and have no answer on how to solve it

foxxy#4211 foxxy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 563 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Bug Reports (PC)
Since module 6 launched I've reported several times and yet not response from cryptic team on how to solve this as i expect.

nw%20problm_zpsgtwfei04.png

The image above shows what happens to me when:

* I enter to a random adventuring zone, if this zone is "bugged" my game starts lagging in such way that crashes the game. After some seconds to 1 minute the first windows pop up indicating an error occured. This random "bug" can be happen in any pve zone or pvp.

* When defeating an epic dungeon T1 or T2, either by defeating final boss or being defeat in the first try (whole party defeated), it happens the same, lags and then crashes.

After this happens, my computer runs very slowly during the time i re-start the game. When i log in, the game starts verifying files and such... i can cancel it. This is very frustrating as i cannot play well.
Post edited by foxxy#4211 on

Comments

• alisi1alisi1 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Have you ever let it compete the verification? If not, do so. Also it's hard to give you a diagnosis without knowing your system specs.
  • foxxy#4211 foxxy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    alisi1 wrote: »
    Have you ever let it compete the verification? If not, do so. Also it's hard to give you a diagnosis without knowing your system specs.

Yes, i have complete the veritifcation, same result. This never happened until mod 6 was patched.
  • alisi1alisi1 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    **** I hate when I forget to spell check. *complete* I can think of a couple of things it could be, but I would just be guessing at this point. Try googling the question. I'm sure you're not the only one with this problem. Be sure to post the fix if you find it. ☺
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    I'm having the same issues. I can't go to Icewind Dale, Portal to Tuern, and probably a few other areas. Currently, my main character is in Caer Konig. I crashed as soon as I got there, and now it crashes when I try to log on. I give up playing until this issue is fixed. :(
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    This showed up in my latest force verify log:

150518 14:06:13 5 [1]: File checksum invalid in hogg: Bin/Geobin/Cl/A/F/F_Bodyslot_Trickster_Tier02_Ll_Xl_Rl_01.Mset
    150518 14:06:13 7 [1]: File checksum invalid in hogg: Bin/Geobin/Cl/A/F/F_Body_Hunterranger_Pvp01_Orig_01.Mset

I don't know how to fix this, but I'm thinking this could be at least part of the problem?
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    kreatyve wrote: »
    This showed up in my latest force verify log:

150518 14:06:13 5 [1]: File checksum invalid in hogg: Bin/Geobin/Cl/A/F/F_Bodyslot_Trickster_Tier02_Ll_Xl_Rl_01.Mset
    150518 14:06:13 7 [1]: File checksum invalid in hogg: Bin/Geobin/Cl/A/F/F_Body_Hunterranger_Pvp01_Orig_01.Mset

I don't know how to fix this, but I'm thinking this could be at least part of the problem?

If you see something like that it is probably the "force verify" checking the validity of that file -- and since it detected the checksum error, it should have forced a re-download to correct it. If you see other errors further in the log file -- such as write failures of some kind then that might point to a hard disk problem.

You could try deleting the hogg file(s) it is referencing if you can find them and then do another force verify.

You also might try a disk check to make sure that drive is okay.
    edited May 2015
    eldarth wrote: »
    If you see something like that it is probably the "force verify" checking the validity of that file -- and since it detected the checksum error, it should have forced a re-download to correct it. If you see other errors further in the log file -- such as write failures of some kind then that might point to a hard disk problem.

You could try deleting the hogg file(s) it is referencing if you can find them and then do another force verify.

You also might try a disk check to make sure that drive is okay.

I thought that might be the issue as well, however, all my hardware diagnostics have came back fine so far. The same 2 hogg files keep showing up in my force verify file, so the force verify is not fixing the issue. I will probably end up deleting my hogg files (again) and re-patching (again). I just did this last week, but it doesn't seem to have resolved the issues.
    kuI2v8l.png
    edited May 2015
    I re install NW too and nothing happened, i did it days ago, maybe more than a week. The problem still persists.
  • equ4lizerequ4lizer Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Possible harddisk failure, seems like the files were corrupted therefore the checksum failed.
    IGN: Granzon
    军医骑士 超过三千水平 突破极限释放开
    Daily: Granworm Sword
    Enounter: Vow of Enmity | Worm Smasher | 縮退砲
    Class Feature: Kabbalah System
    Aura: Warp Field

IGN: Faluzure 19k Tenebrous Soulbinder Scourge Warlock
    (The Corrupted) (Retired)
  • quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    If reinstal and verifing files didnt solve your problem it must be your PC. Try using different video drivers, btw what graphic card do you have?
    edited May 2015
    How do i know or read my graphic card? Also, as i have mentioned before, the problem has surged from this module 6. my game was fine before module 6, so it must be somethin brought along this module that is causing it i think.
    edited May 2015
    I was thinking it was hard disk failure when I saw that too, but every diagnostic I've ran on this PC has said my hard disk is fine.

I personally have an nVidia GeForce GT 650M (yes, I'm on a laptop). I keep my drivers up-to-date via GeForce Experience. I haven't tried a full re-install of Neverwinter yet, but I did delete the .hogg files, and then repatching. I think a reinstall will probably end up being what I have to do.
    kuI2v8l.png
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hmm. The "force verify" *should* make all game files identical to what is downloaded so a full re-install should not be necessary -- unless, of course, there is a bug in force-verify which, given history is a possibility.
  • chaoticrisischaoticrisis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Foxxycleaopatra, i had a similar if not the same issue and the game crashes probably because of RAM usage overload because of a memory leak caused by the interaction of your graphics card with the game's settings. I fixed my issue by switching my "Video Card" option in the "Display" tab of the Options menu to Direct3d 9ex (in game). You would need to restart the game after that too. Hope this helps !
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Had the same issues and more, but you can't tell here how to solve them...
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

edited May 2015
    I ran Force Verify about 3 times in a row, it must have finally fixed the issue, because I was able to log on again and didn't crash at all tonight.
    kuI2v8l.png
    edited May 2015
    Foxxycleaopatra, i had a similar if not the same issue and the game crashes probably because of RAM usage overload because of a memory leak caused by the interaction of your graphics card with the game's settings. I fixed my issue by switching my "Video Card" option in the "Display" tab of the Options menu to Direct3d 9ex (in game). You would need to restart the game after that too. Hope this helps !

i will definitely try that!. does that change the way graphics appear? like in save mode?
    edited May 2015
    kreatyve wrote: »
    I ran Force Verify about 3 times in a row, it must have finally fixed the issue, because I was able to log on again and didn't crash at all tonight.

i think i will have to run it 3 times too then. how to run force verify?, it only appears to me when game crashes
  • randomspeedrandomspeed Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hi, sorry to hijack this thread, but I am unable to post a new thread so, just trying my luck here :)

After installing Arc, I am unable to click the install button for neverwinter, as in clicking on it gives no response whatsoever.
    I tried downloading from other direct links but I guess that link is really old, the patching just gets stuck. I left it to patch overnight but it was stuck at 2% the whole night.

Any kind souls have any solution for that? Many thanks in advance.
    edited May 2015
    Hi, sorry to hijack this thread, but I am unable to post a new thread so, just trying my luck here :)

After installing Arc, I am unable to click the install button for neverwinter, as in clicking on it gives no response whatsoever.
    I tried downloading from other direct links but I guess that link is really old, the patching just gets stuck. I left it to patch overnight but it was stuck at 2% the whole night.

Any kind souls have any solution for that? Many thanks in advance.

I installed neverwinter first than ARC. so it didnt affect at all. but even after installing ARC, with my problem happen i had tore-install NW. still went normally.
    edited May 2015
    i will definitely try that!. does that change the way graphics appear? like in save mode?

No it doesn't.

And to run it, go to Options in the launcher, then put a Check Mark by Force Verify, then click save.
    kuI2v8l.png
    edited May 2015
    I installed neverwinter first than ARC. so it didnt affect at all. but even after installing ARC, with my problem happen i had tore-install NW. still went normally.

How do you install neverwinter first? the download link i clicked on had to install ARC first. Do you still have the link for the neverwinter direct installation? much thanks.
    edited May 2015
    How do you install neverwinter first? the download link i clicked on had to install ARC first. Do you still have the link for the neverwinter direct installation? much thanks.

A friend sent the application to me via Skype. Didnt need Arc, but then i installed arc to claim a reward from an old event.
    edited May 2015
    You mean the neverwinter files? hmm I could try it i guess..Thanks
    edited May 2015
    I took the 2 suggestion 2 guys made. I want to share for now my thanks to you. I have run elol twice in the past 2 days (defeating and being defeated), I went to icewind and my game hasnt lagged or crashed yet. Hope this goes on.