test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Trouble finding 4th artifact

zaarakizaaraki Member Posts: 13
edited June 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Hello, right now i am sitting at 1920 item level and the best way to get 2000 and finally be able to run tos, cc and gwd is to get my last forth artifact.

I am using sigil of oathbound paladin, sigil of the scourge and Aurora's Whole Realms Catalogue. What is the easiest 4th artifact to get? I was thinking to delete my 70 SW (since i have only 2 char slots) and make GWF for sigil of the great weapon but leveling that char to 70 just because i need 1 artifact is kinda waste.

Isnt there an easier solution? I dont have any ZEN and running Kessell and Elol over and over hoping for the artifact drop is getting rly boring.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• blorkvonlubbblorkvonlubb Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You might be able to find one on the AH. Aside from that, there really aren't any easy ones to get. You can see where each one can be found by hitting ctrl-J in game and selecting the artifacts tab.
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You might be able to find one on the AH. Aside from that, there really aren't any easy ones to get. You can see where each one can be found by hitting ctrl-J in game and selecting the artifacts tab.

...you have to mouse-over the lowest rarity version there to learn that.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,353 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    zaaraki wrote: »
    Hello, right now i am sitting at 1920 item level and the best way to get 2000 and finally be able to run tos, cc and gwd is to get my last forth artifact.

I am using sigil of oathbound paladin, sigil of the scourge and Aurora's Whole Realms Catalogue. What is the easiest 4th artifact to get? I was thinking to delete my 70 SW (since i have only 2 char slots) and make GWF for sigil of the great weapon but leveling that char to 70 just because i need 1 artifact is kinda waste.

Isnt there an easier solution? I dont have any ZEN and running Kessell and Elol over and over hoping for the artifact drop is getting rly boring.

Don't delete your character. Make the SW to make AD so that you can have 500 Zen (or 250000 AD) to buy 2 character slots. It can be cheaper if the character slot is on sale. Alternatively, spend $5 to get 500 Zen to buy 2 extra character slots.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    plasticbat wrote: »
    Don't delete your character. Make the SW to make AD so that you can have 500 Zen (or 250000 AD) to buy 2 character slots. It can be cheaper if the character slot is on sale. Alternatively, spend $5 to get 500 Zen to buy 2 extra character slots.

Good advice!

You could grind a few Dread Ring daily dungeons - sometimes you get lucky and get an artifact from the chest at the end (can't remember name). If you try several times and still don't get it, maybe move on to another method . . .
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • zaarakizaaraki Member Posts: 13
    edited May 2015
    myowmyow wrote: »
    Good advice!

You could grind a few Dread Ring daily dungeons - sometimes you get lucky and get an artifact from the chest at the end (can't remember name). If you try several times and still don't get it, maybe move on to another method . . .

Do u need specific gauntlet for that? i have mithral (second best) for like 3 weeks now, been doing the dungeons every day and nothing, if the drop rate is the same as in kessel or elol then not rly great method ;_; .
  • walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited May 2015

just want to point out that you can't really do t2 with 2000, nobody will group with you and you'll be constantly vote kicked if you try to join t2 with 2000. realistic min is 3000 and more like 3600 is wanted. GL
  • zaarakizaaraki Member Posts: 13
    edited May 2015
    walk2k wrote: »
    just want to point out that you can't really do t2 with 2000, nobody will group with you and you'll be constantly vote kicked if you try to join t2 with 2000. realistic min is 3000 and more like 3600 is wanted. GL

What rly? :D There is no way i can get 3000 ilevel without going to the 2k+ dungeons. Well RIP my dream i guess lol.
  • onegaki101onegaki101 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The most important thing is knowing how to play right. Getting the right build to maximize dps, survivability, or utility; depending on which class you are. Gear will come in time, find a good guild and you will be set.
  • manzillaprimemanzillaprime Member Posts: 49
    edited May 2015
    walk2k wrote: »

Not true. He's right about 2k on the nose being too low, but if you get in the 2500 range and up and at least have a greater or better weapon enchant and some form of armor enchant, and have some level of proficiency in your character, you will most likely be ok.

I run t2's consistently and easily with a 2800 ilvl, and that is with 5 orange artifacts, if that goes to show how high 3k actually is.
  • smulchsmulch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    3k isn't high.

Consider that the major armor enhancement gives 120 ilvl each and you can have 8 of them... That's 960 ilvl right there.
  • manzillaprimemanzillaprime Member Posts: 49
    edited May 2015
    smulch wrote: »
    3k isn't high.

Consider that the major armor enhancement gives 120 ilvl each and you can have 8 of them... That's 960 ilvl right there.

Well call me educated then. I never knew that.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I like the DC and CW artifacts - consider using one of your free slots to level one of those to 60, go to IWD to get the quest, then just unlock that artifact...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
    edited May 2015
    3k isn't high.

Consider you cannot apply major armor enhancement on armor which is less than ilevel 120.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    edited May 2015
    bioshrike wrote: »
    I like the DC and CW artifacts - consider using one of your free slots to level one of those to 60, go to IWD to get the quest, then just unlock that artifact...

He already used the free slot for a SW and got the Sigil for the SW.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    plasticbat wrote: »
    He already used the free slot for a SW and got the Sigil for the SW.

Sorry, my bad.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • adsfelipeadsfelipe Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    u can have 3 artifact by doing PVP.. for 40k glotry each.. or by doing the pvp campaing all 3 are free
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I've gotten 2 Lathander artifacts from Dread Rings. Lotta playing, but you can stack
    up to 3 quests and plow thru them when you have time. Any of the mini dungeons
    can have one.

Oh, above poster is right, that is the sure way. If you're not good at PvP yet you
    can hang out in Icewind for open PvP. Be sure to get Trade of Blades daily
    quest first, then win a team match.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • drizzt2510drizzt2510 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Do u need specific gauntlet for that? i have mithral (second best) for like 3 weeks now, been doing the dungeons every day and nothing, if the drop rate is the same as in kessel or elol then not rly great method ;_; .

Yes, only the Admantine Gauntlet gets you the Artifact which in this case would be the Eye of the Lathander, gives you defensive stats 1000 Defense, 1000 Life steal and 600 incoming health bonus, at Mithral Quality level, good for solidifying your defense.
  • qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    drizzt2510 wrote: »
    Yes, only the Admantine Gauntlet gets you the Artifact which in this case would be the Eye of the Lathander, gives you defensive stats 1000 Defense, 1000 Life steal and 600 incoming health bonus, at Mithral Quality level, good for solidifying your defense.
    The complete Lathander Set, i.e. Eye, Belt and Cloak, is well worth having if you spend most of your time soloing. It doesn't need to be Mithral, mine is only Epic, but it only really comes in to its own if you have a Soulforged enchantment in your armour. When the SF kicks in, you come back to life with the measly few HP from the SF plus 50% of your HP from the Lathander Gift. You are also immune to return to life injuries which will save you a fortune in Injury Repair Kits.. As a side bonus, your ability to revive dead comrades with the Eye can make you welcome in some places :)
  • healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    adsfelipe wrote: »
    u can have 3 artifact by doing PVP.. for 40k glotry each.. or by doing the pvp campaing all 3 are free

You can have 4. There is a Bloodcrystal Raven Skull for 24k glory and no other campaign requirement. With the 2x glory and NCL week running, 24k glory isn't hard to get. You may get a better artifact later but likely you are going to get a better artifact of power and the Skull is also an artifact of power. Whatever RP you put into the Skull will only help you to refine your next artifact of power, or your current one.
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    3k isn't high.

I thought you could only have 4. Whenever I try to add one to one of my 4 pieces: gauntlets, armor, greaves, helmet, it tells me it will overwrite the current enhancement....
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    4 on the gera + 4 on jewelry )nec/rings/weist) = 8

Good to know. I wanted to add some Power to the Burning Ward set!