test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Disheartening Strike

lucifron44lucifron44 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
edited May 2015 in PvP Discussion
So devs, you fixed nothing, did you?

[Combat (Self)] TR deals 543 (853) Physical Damage to you with Disheartening Strike.

[Combat (Self)] TR deals 543 (853) Physical Damage to you with Disheartening Strike.

Russian leaderboard first page. The proof.
Post edited by lucifron44 on

Comments

• Options
    fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Don't expect the devs to read into what you want.

You want a buff?

Spell it out, don't pussyfoot around.
  • Options
    trpotatosyndrometrpotatosyndrome Member Posts: 110
    edited May 2015
    "Muh damage!"

Another potato TR playing the victim. Move along, nothing to see here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Dont mind me. Just testing my new sig.

/10tomatoes
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    lucifron44 wrote: »
    So devs, you fixed nothing, did you?

also tell them to remove piercing damage gwf on unstopable go down 1 hit.
  • Options
    mirrorballsmirrorballs Member Posts: 877 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    With everyone's HP pool boosted up more than twice their amount during mod5, it's probably a good idea to either get rid of, or pull back a little on that "ninja nerf" they've implemented on DHS.

Sure, it was OP when the average PuG had like 28k HP, and it used to tick 3k damage 11 times for 33k over 15 seconds... but nowadays, ticking for 1k damage 11 times for 11k damage over 15 seconds hardly makes a dent on people with 120k HP.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    clonkyo1 wrote: »
    Deep Gash... :rolleyes:

Never tried, or even seen GWFs DG since like after mod2, but even in comparison DGs a mere point-invested feat, while DHS is a paragon at-will, one that's earned a very brief "moment of glory" during early mod5, but nerfed - ironically, take into notice that I was the one who opened up a nerf thread for DHS, and requested to devs that it should be toned down.

Hence, regardless of what DG is doing nowadays (haven't geared or leveled my GWF since last days of mod5.. so its still at lv60 currently), DHS needs a buff. Maybe 40~50% higher damage, since a First Strike assisted DHS with a 75%+50%+10% crit severity does at most maybe 1.5k per tick damage (= 16,500 damage over 15 seconds... ) on an equally geared GWF, nowadays. A 50% increase would make that 2.25k per tick over 15 seconds for total 24,750 damage. I'd even settle for that much.

As it is, the only thing 'disheartening' about DHS is its disheartening for the wielder to see the damage so low :D

(ps) dunno about DG. Maybe they could increase that damage as well, or, find a gaping hole in the GWF and make it a low-damage-but-special-utility power... such as, like, the more DG runs, the less heals the target receive. Conversely, if DHS damage is kept low, but then given some other useful utility, then I'd consider that fair as well.
  • Options
    rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Never tried, or even seen GWFs DG since like after mod2, but even in comparison DGs a mere point-invested feat, while DHS is a paragon at-will, one that's earned a very brief "moment of glory" during early mod5, but nerfed - ironically, take into notice that I was the one who opened up a nerf thread for DHS, and requested to devs that it should be toned down.

Hence, regardless of what DG is doing nowadays (haven't geared or leveled my GWF since last days of mod5.. so its still at lv60 currently), DHS needs a buff. Maybe 40~50% higher damage, since a First Strike assisted DHS with a 75%+50%+10% crit severity does at most maybe 1.5k per tick damage (= 16,500 damage over 15 seconds... ) on an equally geared GWF, nowadays. A 50% increase would make that 2.25k per tick over 15 seconds for total 24,750 damage. I'd even settle for that much.

As it is, the only thing 'disheartening' about DHS is its disheartening for the wielder to see the damage so low :D

(ps) dunno about DG. Maybe they could increase that damage as well, or, find a gaping hole in the GWF and make it a low-damage-but-special-utility power... such as, like, the more DG runs, the less heals the target receive. Conversely, if DHS damage is kept low, but then given some other useful utility, then I'd consider that fair as well.

I've always had a problem with that "disheartening" at will when you actually hit somebody in the head with it. If I was hit in the head with a knife, I'd be a little more than dismayed or disappointed.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    clonkyo1 wrote: »
    The problems with DS was that it had not "ICD", so, it multiprocced insanely during those 5 secs it lasted

No such instances of multiprocs for DHS. It does not stack and it runs on for exactly 15seconds, 10 ticks at 1.5 second intervals after the first hit for a total 11. You could just manually repeat the attack in the days before at-will stealth depletion in which case the damage would tick up slightly faster than normal, but in those days it wasn't auto-crit, so usually the manual repetition was to get a crit hit, in which case you'd stop. Man, if only it did stack like DG... LOL
    it could crit and could proc other passives like Steel Blitz or Student of the Sword (which could stack up to 3 times...) . Since the BIGGEST nerf to a power on this game's history (not able to crit, not able to proc other skills, nerfed to the ground due it does not get any bonusses from "power" or "ArP"... and this was an "statement" from devs themselves about what all these kind of skills shall NOT do [Storm Spell??? hello??] ) , DS is just useless for GWF-class BUT, really useful for classes like CW-class, which procs, in example, things like "severe reaction" or HR's "Split the Sky"...

Luckily, DHS doesn't proc anything as well. It's just pure damage. Just think about what it would have been like for the mod5 Scoundrel if DHS did proc other feats... Concussive Strikes would have made sure the opponent was on a 2.5s daze every 5 seconds like clockwork. That would have been so great, but at the same time so broken.

It is in fact, most people who've never used Scoundrels, thought that you could proc Concussive like clockwork, and then they would come up with these corny arguments of how you can chain-daze for over 5s without Skullcracker, by using Dazing Strike or Shadow Strike and then proccing CS... which was never true. CS was largely random due to the fact that Scoundrels were mostly outside stealth when they started the main attack...

....but eh, I digress. It's gone now. Time to move on. \

Anyhow, currently, due to how stuff like Astral Shield works, as well as super-high DR classes like Oppai, GFs, CWs, etc.. any class that makes use of these DoT types are simply in a bad spot. HR trappers whine all day long, SWs are forced to go for big attacks that aren't too compact or efficient, and of course, us WKs as well.

Again, I'd totally settle for a low-damage DoT/bleed if, they gave us some meaning or reason to use it. But as it is, its not even useful as damage debuffer by itself. You need to like, stack VP, DHS, and Feytouched at the same time to really notice the effects of a "damage debuff" in this game, and WK's are actually the game's most powerful damage debuffers. Doesn't mean <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in PvP as it is, unless you use Feytouched, and once you do that, if you're the honest, non-bug abusing type, the damage suffers a LOT.