Install Arc

How do I get to the salvage trader...?

blushismblushism Member Posts: 43 Arc User
Probably a dumb question ..
Post edited by blushism on

Comments

• eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    He's in the marketplace -- around all that green glow and floating/vibrating sword.
  • blushismblushism Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    eldarth wrote: »
    He's in the marketplace -- around all that green glow and floating/vibrating sword.

Well I saw him standing on top of the Pet trader place by I have no clue how to get up there lol
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,383 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    blushism wrote: »
    Well I saw him standing on top of the Pet trader place by I have no clue how to get up there lol

You need a special key to get to the roof (which is a garden). There is a side door to get up there but you need the key which can be obtained from a special event. On the roof, it has almost everything. It has altar, gateway to the rest of the world, savage, auction house, supply store, mail box.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    edited May 2015
    plasticbat wrote: »
    You need a special key to get to the roof (which is a garden). There is a side door to get up there but you need the key which can be obtained from a special event. On the roof, it has almost everything. It has altar, gateway to the rest of the world, savage, auction house, supply store, mail box.

Ahh I figured that garden key had something to do with it, thanks for letting me know. Welp, so much for salvaging
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    He is ALSO in the marketplace south of the professions vendor. Same side, other side of the walkway to AH/mail courier. The one on the garden rooftop is a convenience for everyone with the garden key.
    edited May 2015
    Ahhhhh thanks so much man
  • ladysctyxladysctyx Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    jdnutz wrote: »
    when you consider you get a quest which shows you where the salvage trader is and it gives your first item to salvage, yes it is a dumb question
    No need to be a protruding male member... That quest you are speaking of glitches for many people. Instead of guiding you to the one in the market it guides you to the one in the garden. So for people who have never played NW or researched extensively, this would be a very good question.
  • thezer0fluxthezer0flux Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Not to mention it's sort of an easy quest to miss. I talked to The Lord Protector, got my ovation from the other NPCs, picked up my cloak and walked right out. If not for someone telling me the next day about the dailies I could get up there, I probably never would've gone back and picked up that quest.
  • bluedoodbluedood Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It glitched for me yesterday, I was following the sparkle path that led to the locked garden. I did know where the salvage trader was and proceeded down to the market. When closer to the trader there the quest path changed to lead me to that trader. Seems like there are two of the same NPC you need to interact with and whichever you are close to the path will lead to.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,383 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    bluedood wrote: »
    It glitched for me yesterday, I was following the sparkle path that led to the locked garden. I did know where the salvage trader was and proceeded down to the market. When closer to the trader there the quest path changed to lead me to that trader. Seems like there are two of the same NPC you need to interact with and whichever you are close to the path will lead to.

The alloying part (in PC version) was when the quest led you to the gateway, the dots led you to that door (because there is a gateway on the roof top) although you did not have the key. I think that is fixed now.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***