test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gear Database

yllenyllen Member Posts: 75 Arc User
edited May 2015 in The Temple
Just hit 60 (gratz me) and am now wondering where I can go to start collecting a decent set of blues for my cleric.

I'm used to having all the various gear databases from my wow time, which would tell me which items have particular stats and where they drop. Is there anything for NW? I've had a quick google and whilst I found something that loosely allowed me to query for items, it didn't show me where they dropped.

Also - I was fortunate enough to have 2 Dragon Bone Icon's drop for me off dragons whilst I was levelling. I'm using 1. I'm assuming I should keep the second to slot into my Ioun Stone, when the slot opens up?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• reallyreconreallyrecon Member Posts: 170 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    yllen wrote: »
    Just hit 60 (gratz me) and am now wondering where I can go to start collecting a decent set of blues for my cleric.

I'm used to having all the various gear databases from my wow time, which would tell me which items have particular stats and where they drop. Is there anything for NW? I've had a quick google and whilst I found something that loosely allowed me to query for items, it didn't show me where they dropped.

Also - I was fortunate enough to have 2 Dragon Bone Icon's drop for me off dragons whilst I was levelling. I'm using 1. I'm assuming I should keep the second to slot into my Ioun Stone, when the slot opens up?

Shoot for purples, they're just as easy to come by. The stats on Cleric gear doesn't have much variation, and in all honesty you don't need a database because we currently only have Mod 4 content on the Xbox so our options are pretty limited.

Your first goal should be the T1 High Prophet set - Helm/Chest/Arms/Boots. You'll keep this set your entire life, because the set bonus is arguably the best one we can get. Take a look at your dungeon queue list and each of the T1 dungeons will say what you can get as a reward from the chest. Along the way try to acquire rings and a neck, you shouldn't have too much trouble because you'll probably get them more frequently than your actual set pieces.

As you gear up, keep track of your Seals of the Unicorn (T0.5) and Seals of the Drake (T1.5). As you acquire them you should buy pieces you need. As a rule of thumb, purple gear that drops in T1 dungeons is better than Unicorn gear, Drake gear is better than dropped T1 gear, and dropped T2 gear is better than Drake gear. The vendor that accepts Drake/Unicorn seals is in a corner in the marketplace.

After you attain your full High Prophet set you should start running T2 dungeons (provided you have the gearscore to get in) and attempt to get some T2 rings/neck as well as a weapon and offhand. As you do this, you should be completing your dailies and progressing along your campaign so you can eventually unlock Shores of Tuern and Lair of Lostmauth, as well as acquire your artifact weapon. Also, while T2 set pieces may have slightly better stats, the High Prophet set bonus is so much better that you don't want to replace it. At the very most you should hang on to a Chest and Helm 2pc to combine with Draconic Bracers and Boots 2pc to boost your gearscore a little bit in case you have trouble getting up to 13k for Epic Shores/Lair.

Save up for your gemmed shirt/pants, they're a necessity to get your gearscore up. Level jewelcrafting to get your best-in-slot neck and rings, then level Mailsmithing afterwords if you haven't gotten your shirt and pants so you can make them yourself. After you've gotten that far you should try to get a Draconic Helm and Chest to complete that 4pc set, which you'll swap out with High Prophet based on the situation. If you need more healing go with Draconic, but if the content is pretty easy then stick with High Prophet to increase group DPS.

As for the Icons, you'll probably have replaced them both by the time you get your Ioun stone. The Unicorn offhand is better if I recall, so you should get rid of them pretty quickly.

If you have any more questions let me know, I'm at work on my phone right now so I'll be able to check back when I get home and hop on my PC to give you more detailed info.
    Recon - 60 Cleric
    Gamertag: ReallyRecon
  • yllenyllen Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Already bought my Stone with Zen. I figured I should give the producers something back, so I bought enough for bags, companion, mount and some change for a respec or a couple more char slots.

Thanks for the info. I thought there might be some stuff to go for pre-epics. Thats a bit disappointing. I'm used to the gear-curve in wow.
  • kodiakduckkodiakduck Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You should sell the unused dragon bone icon on the auction house. You'll want to put a purple icon (T2 or better) into your stone. The dragon bone items are only good for leveling.
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79