test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Healock?

werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2015 in The Nine Hells
I've heard that a warlock can be a decent off-heal class is this true? I'd like to know before I spend the ad on zen for extra character slots.
21.jpg
Post edited by werealchemist on

Comments

• werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Since Apparently nobody knows or has an opinion I'll just risk it and make a post with my findings when I get it to 60...
    21.jpg
  • ratedchaotic1ratedchaotic1 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    They are ok to be back up with a cleric in a group. But as alone healer better to just have a cleric. IMO its just a waste of a dps slot in the group id kick ya for a cleric.
  • twinstripeuktwinstripeuk Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    They are ok to be back up with a cleric in a group. But as alone healer better to just have a cleric. IMO its just a waste of a dps slot in the group id kick ya for a cleric.

Actually a 'Hellbringer Temptation' SW can EASILY outclass a hybrid build DC when it comes to healing - the only way the Cleric becomes viable again in a group with one is if they go for a pure healing build and drop their DPS.

Out of the two, the Cleric gets much better AOE but is pretty 'meh' at off-heal unless you Astral Seal everything. SW has much better DPS and essentially once you hit capstone on the Temptation tree (Soul Bonding) then basically all your DPS counts toward lifesteal and all your lifesteal counts toward party healing.

I use Rakshava's build as a starting point:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?737761-Rakshava-s-Off-Tank-Temptation-Support-SW-Guide

and even when missing the module feats which the Xbox One version doesn't currently have, it's still a phenomenal healing build (which also generates a lot less threat and significantly less mob aggro that the Clerics do).

Fun to play, too!
  • zaknafyenzaknafyen Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm running a Hellbringer Templock. When our DC is in a group with me, he can swap around some of his skills and focus more spike healing and buffing/debuffing, while I'm providing constant heals via all of my encounters, at-wills, dailies, etc.

Regarding the DPS aspect, it may not be topping damage charts, but why does that matter? Supporting your group is more of a benefit to them than dealing huge damage numbers.

The spec is perfectly viable. Most players (PUGs) will immediately assume Fury spec and just roll their eyes. If there is no DC, expect to be kicked. If they don't kick you and wonder why they're not having to rely on pots, sit back and let the joy consume you.
  • shadowdwpshadowdwp Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    That is the path I went down I hardly ever have to use pots and consistently end up on top of the damage meters at the end of dungeons even when I was lower leveled than other players.
  • xboneforeverxboneforever Member Posts: 36
    edited May 2015
    we have several templocks in our guild. I used to be one myself before embracing the awesome evil damage of fury.
  • blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    fury is beast fury is life.
  • xboneforeverxboneforever Member Posts: 36
    edited May 2015
    Very Viable.
  • brandonv516brandonv516 Member Posts: 89
    edited May 2015
    I'm a 14.5k "Heal-Lock" (HB Temp) and I'll likely stay this way. It is my personal opinion (and has worked well) to have a combination of burst damage encounters as well as AOE encounters.

I run Killing Flames, Dreadtheft, and either Vampiric Embrace or Harrowstorm for most dungeons. If I run Killing Flames followed by Vampiric Embrace on an enemy, a low teammate's HP usually makes it to full.

-I can fill in for a DC in every T2 dungeon except Dread Vault, and that's only because I don't go there anymore.
    -I can fill in for Shores and LoL (non-Epic).
    -I've only tried Epic Shores once without a DC and we got the boss down to half HP and wiped. I've never tried Epic LoL.
    -I can fill in for a DC in CN up until Dracolich.

I use the term "fill in" because I don't consider myself a replacement for a DC. I prefer having a DC with me. It makes it easier and also fun to compete with the DC.

A couple tips:

-Space yourself evenly between teammates so that everyone gets healed from your damage
    -Always use Warlock's Curse on the enemies you attack
    -Always use Vampiric Embrace AFTER other encounters

If I think of anything else important I'll be back! :)
  • cybergutscyberguts Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    To be honest, I'm starting to thing to go over to the darkside and go Fury after being my temptation just because when people see a SW; they instantly think I'm pure DPS and get kicked as they're looking for a "healer" before they see my healing abilities AND my full T2 AccDia set.

But is it worth it? To drop the support role and go FULL DPS using my Hellfire gear and the Creeping Death feat?
    Erdan Darksbane - Lvl 60 Soulbinder Fury SW
    BamBam - Lvl 30 GWF
    Trevok - Lvl 30 GF
    Wil - Lvl 25 TR (PvP)
  • eodceodc Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Excellent link - Thank you!

I have just started playing only a couple of days ago, I chose a lock but have talents/spec all over the place - The above link is a god send! Will have to reset when I hit 60 over the next few days.

My question is, I'm struggling to find any real information regarding items, similar to thotbot (if you're an old wow player) - Is there anything available?

Also with regards to gear score, I was looking at differences between gear score and actual item abilities last night and noticed that sometimes an item that is higher level but with worse stats gives you a better gear score? Is this correct or was it too late and I was more bothered about watching Braveheart that concenrating on the Xbox

Cheers

/Code
  • sirmognossirmognos Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    eodc wrote: »
    Excellent link - Thank you!

I have just started playing only a couple of days ago, I chose a lock but have talents/spec all over the place - The above link is a god send! Will have to reset when I hit 60 over the next few days.

My question is, I'm struggling to find any real information regarding items, similar to thotbot (if you're an old wow player) - Is there anything available?

Also with regards to gear score, I was looking at differences between gear score and actual item abilities last night and noticed that sometimes an item that is higher level but with worse stats gives you a better gear score? Is this correct or was it too late and I was more bothered about watching Braveheart that concenrating on the Xbox

Cheers

/Code

To answer your question a tempt lock can easily replace a cleric in heals honestly we r better heals then a cleric a clerics best role is to be a debuffer/buffer. For gear run accursed set for extra healing unless u have the stats around 7k power r more to run the tanky armor set can't remember what it is called. If built right you can honestly heal through every dungeon no problem and if u have a tank its child's play. I'm a 16.5k tempt and I've healed through every dungeon now rather easily my skills are killing flame warlocks bargin and dread theft. If you need help you can message me on xbox as well not to mention usually I can get top dps r at least 2nd if I really want it
  • vincentkurayamavincentkurayama Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    cyberguts wrote: »
    To be honest, I'm starting to thing to go over to the darkside and go Fury after being my temptation just because when people see a SW; they instantly think I'm pure DPS and get kicked as they're looking for a "healer" before they see my healing abilities AND my full T2 AccDia set.

But is it worth it? To drop the support role and go FULL DPS using my Hellfire gear and the Creeping Death feat?

If you have the Field Medic title, I'd switch to that so people know you're not a Furyock. I haven't really been having that much trouble with getting kicked in T2's after I switched to it and I only just hit 12k GS. Honestly it's only happened once since then.
    classes.png
    GT: VincentKurayama
    Vivian 13.2k gs SW | Robyn 10.1k gs GF | Zayzara 10.0k gs TR | Kalii 10.1k gs GWF
    Jayde 10.5k gs HR | Erynn 10.3k gs CW | Lorelei 10.3k gs DC | Elise Level 4 OP (PC)
  • melychathmelychath Member Posts: 45
    edited June 2015
    I've been the healer during the Dracolich fight in CN as a Templock. We didn't have much trouble, though we did have a great GF holding aggro. Without the GF I haven't learned how to manage heals by myself.
    I have fought the Dracolich with four other DPS toons. I had probably 80% of the aggro from adds and we nearly finished the boss without a DC or GF. One mistake though and I was down. The rest of the team was immediately wiped after I died.
    Needless to say, Temptation is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. I was Fury and switched over. Good HRs beat me in DPS, but I'm typically 2nd, and rarely third. DPS + Heals = Awesome Team Player
    Hopefully the changes to Lifesteal in Mod6 aren't as painful as some have suggested . . .